If to be a critical fan is to be "hive-minded"...

#41TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/15/2011 2:59:02 PM
>You went down the HERP DERP route first, I merely expanded upon it.
So that makes it not childish all of a sudden? And my post was nowhere near as bad as yours.

>The plethora of boycott/petition topics say otherwise.
IF you're such a buff in psychology, you should realise people seldom do what they say anonymously. Why? Because anonymity does not create the same mental investment than what you would have if it was known who you are.

>And I'm sure everyone will go into the demo with the right mideset?
Who knows, at this point it IS more than you can ask for.

>Oh please, I only respond accordingly to other people trolling/bashing/flaming me.
Sure you do... You're just looking for a fight to justify your position.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#42Large_TonberryPosted 6/15/2011 3:07:58 PM
TheOriginalMax posted...
So that makes it not childish all of a sudden? And my post was nowhere near as bad as yours.

Only as childish as what you started, don't try and pretend otherwise. It's very easy to start an inflammatory comment, then call the response childish. Typical provocation followed by ad hominem.

TheOriginalMax posted...
IF you're such a buff in psychology, you should realise people seldom do what they say anonymously. Why? Because anonymity does not create the same mental investment than what you would have if it was known who you are.

True, but why would they change their minds if what they've seen so far has offended them so much? The only explanation is if the game does indeed turn out to be good - but the hivers are trying desperately to ignore that possibility.

TheOriginalMax posted...
Who knows, at this point it IS more than you can ask for.

Exactly, because everyone is busy whipping themselves into a rage induced frenzy over this game, to the point where if it does turn out to be good, they'll probably hate it anyway.
#43Ether101Posted 6/15/2011 4:27:54 PM(edited)
Large_Tonberry posted...
The point is - people are going to dislike anything that replaces a recognisable and established protagonist, but some people get way too worked up about it.

Most of the people that here are upset over the fact that Ninja Theory and Capcom have done nothing but use insults.

What reason?

He's fighting.

Metal is a lifeless substance - it cannot feel pain, nor can anything with artificial intelligence. Next you'll be telling me my robot vacuum cleaner would be upset if I kicked it.

Wow, first off, those things are organic. Second, there's no proof that an artificial organism wouldn't be able to feel pain.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#44Stink_NastyPosted 6/15/2011 6:00:56 PM
Holy crap, I'm gone for a couple of days and all these new people are here!

Anyways, I think all the hate for the game is well deserved, there are a lot of things that don't look good for this game. This is coming from someone whom for a long time defending this title.

I don't particularly like the changes to how he looks, but I can get over that. I can't get over how crappy the overall game looks and that this game will undeniably be a whole lot slower than previous DMC games. The video that was shown (which was edited to look good) still managed to look slower in comparisons to an old DMC game. The graphics? Terrible, not like a PS2 games like most will say, but definitely looks like a much older game. The aesthetics? It looks cartoony, and kind of weird, it just doesn't look like right.

Some things are intriguing, like the Tony Redgrave possibility, and the whole concept of the world attacking is you pretty cool, but overall the game play looks like it will be sub par. We still have to see more, but I was a person who was pretty optimistic now I've jumped the fence and am on the "not liking" side.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#45RoxasANobodyPosted 6/15/2011 6:04:48 PM
Making a topic that combats another topic just shows how ill-minded this board has become.

btw, at least the other topic is about the game.
---
Represent ABDC | Poreotix
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/DaijoubuQuest
#46Ether101Posted 6/16/2011 12:02:50 AM
I'm going to make this clear, I don't hate this game. I hate the reasons behind it and dislike the people that are making it because of their attitude.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#47W3lkinPosted 6/16/2011 12:38:10 AM
Anyways, I think all the hate for the game is well deserved, there are a lot of things that don't look good for this game. This is coming from someone whom for a long time defending this title.

Using Superman words:
"Bruce! This could be the beginning of a good .... Tolerance?"
#48TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/16/2011 2:28:54 AM
I like how he ignored everything else I've been saying. W/e. It's clear I should have just not acknowledged him like I did in the first place. My bad.

Again, good insight Stink.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.