The new look's intention makes no sense according to what they've SAID.

#51Malus_X6Posted 8/19/2011 12:51:37 PM

Yeah I've noticed. At one point he actually tried to argue points but now he's just trolling.

That's all he really does. Even if he DOES have a good point, he'll tend to run it into the ground.

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus
#52Johnny BlaquePosted 8/19/2011 1:13:54 PM
Anomylous posted...
Oddly enough how did Johnny come to the conclusion that Max was referring to Japanese gamers?

Certainly there's an attempt to appeal to western audiences in DmC by pushing the game towards the western feel, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Japanese gamers. If anything it just has to do with people who like the Japanese style, who may or may not be of Eastern origin.

Example: God of War feels western. It's serious, gory, and epic. Bayonetta feels Japanese, but is western themed. It's over-the-top, corny, and humorous. I enjoyed Bayonetta. I think God of War is a good action game but I didn't really enjoy the feel of it.

DmC is looking to be pretty serious, angsty, dark, have sadistic undertones, etc. If anything it might have black humor, but I can't currently see it having anything over-the-top like motorcycle nunchucks or cheesy one-liners.

DMC1 (on my first playthrough, mission 18) is unexpectedly cheesy. "Flock off, feather face, or do you wanna learn this the hard way?" Then there's the over-the-top intro scene and devil arm acquisition scenes. I need a good laugh before getting my butt kicked by bosses >_>

I said Japanese gamers because Japanese developers tend to focus on Japanese sales. Greater Eastern sales don't seem to be a huge priority to them but I did mention Eastern gamers at large. Asian gamers outside of Japan don't really have really have many games aimed at them.

And those styles you mentioned aren't just relegated to Japanese or western developers. Kamiya is a whacky genius and otherDMC directors have followed the example he set. David Jaffe(I think his name is) just wanted a serious epic game. He's done comedy/action games before.
#53TheOriginalMax(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 1:26:28 PM(edited)
>You just implied you did with this
I'm sorry if you thought that. It was not my intention.

>http://shaunmusco.com/images/Printed/PS2%20Covers/Devil_May_Cry_2.jpg -Look at that background.

>http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2011/227/605600_20110816_screen002.jpg -Look at this background. Pretty similar I think. We haven't seen many other backgrounds that don't look like towns that belong in DMC stories.

1. That's DMC2, the black sheep of the family.
2. It has less colour.
You'd be better off comparing it to DMC1, 3 and 4.

>Gameplay: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2011/227/605600_20110816_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/playstation2/devilmaycry/devil_screen004.jpg

Does not prove a point because they are not similar. And DMC2 again. You're grasping at straws looking for any single similarity there is. AKA cherry picking to skew the argument in your favor.

>he's done other common fancy DMC combos
Seemed way more like Dante's Inferno to me. There's a thread about gameplay similarities where I posted a link to it.

>As for the look of the character, Dante looks straight up Caucasian most of the time.
I never said anything different. Stop drawing these false conclusion over what I said.

>White/blond hair does not come from the west.
You ever wonder why there are so many black haired people in the East?

>Next you are going to tell me all asians have jet black hair naturally
Not all by any means. Just that blonde hair is way more rare in Asian cultures than in Western cultures.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_color#Blond_hair
"Blond hair is most commonly found in Northern and Eastern Europeans and their descendants, but can be found spread around most of Europe"
"Sub-saharan African has the lowest while the caucasian race has the second highest of 50% which may also account for their wide range of hair colors."
So there are differences.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#54Johnny BlaquePosted 8/19/2011 1:39:51 PM
Does not prove a point because they are not similar. And DMC2 again. You're grasping at straws looking for any single similarity there is. AKA cherry picking to skew the argument in your favor.

Yes I can cherry pick because like I've been saying there are A TON of simiarlities between this new DMC and the old games. The arguement skewed to my favor because I posted accurate things tying this new game into the series. Sure it's grasping at straws when I got my fist in a haystack.

And you went back on your "White/Blonde hair comes from the West" stance.
#55TheOriginalMax(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 1:46:58 PM
>Yes I can cherry pick because like I've been saying there are A TON of simiarlities between this new DMC and the old games.
And yet the only similarities you point out are to the worst game in the franchise.

>The arguement skewed to my favor because I posted accurate things tying this new game into the series.
They are not accurate when you only compare to one thing. For them to be accurate you have to refer to bigger things, give more things that are in common with something. And the picture of the shooting stance was nowhere near the same.

>And you went back on your "White/Blonde hair comes from the West" stance.
I did not.
"The hairstyle itself was prominent in Western media at that time. The color was not prominent in the media but then again having white/blonde hair has absolutely no single tie to demonic powers in any bloody Western culture and is completely common."
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.