Ninja Theory: 'New Dante Is A Lot Like Young People Today: No Prospects'

#1Modest_ModsoulPosted 8/17/2011 3:52:24 AM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1019367/capcom_new_dante_is_a_lot_like_young_people_today_no_prospects.html

DmC is prequel, set some time before the original Devil May Cry, when Dante is a teenager.

Uh...

It's a reboot / prequel?
---
SPREAD THE WORDS!!!
PS3 exclusive game YAKUZA 4 English version released in March 15th 2011!!!
#2Section NemesisPosted 8/17/2011 3:59:45 AM
They don't know what this game is supposed to be.

They change it's definition every other 6 months.

If the demon/angel thing holds up, it can't be a prequel without stomping all over the established canon.
---
XBL - PSN | NemesisTheory.
Deadly Premonition: Game of the Year, every year.
#3RichterB17Posted 8/17/2011 4:33:07 AM(edited)
Dante is Half Angel and Half Demon now how in the hell does this have anything to do with past DMC games!? Also why is he angry at the world!? Demons killed his mom not humans! Why the.... What the...... this is getting so stupid I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#4akira_hisyamPosted 8/17/2011 4:18:14 AM
they have identity confusion or it just marketing trick,they gave a lie by told the fan it a prequel even we all and 3years old boy know this game is reboot.it like an adult trying to fool a kid by give a **** and told the kid that the **** is a candy it taste good.
#5ZekenarPosted 8/17/2011 4:18:16 AM
Dante angry at the world? Seriously?? WTF!!!! Not counting the fight with Mundus when has Dante ever been angry?

But at least with the whole half angel bs we can take solace knowing that despite the name this is not Dante, nor is it Devil May Cry.
#6xenogearz88Posted 8/17/2011 4:38:17 AM(edited)
......why do i get the feeling that both NT and Crapcom are trolling teens everywhere with their "young people today NO PROSPECTS" remark?

that's taking things a little bit too personal, isn't it?

....know what real Dante thinks about your interview?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l97esnDjLk1qbrc4bo1_500.jpg

---
my reaction at the confirmed death of DMC at Gamescon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenmjYW6Rhc
#7Dark_AlexanderPosted 8/17/2011 4:38:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8ABadNuffDudePosted 8/17/2011 5:05:08 AM
"Dante is much more aggressive, angry, and much more of a street brawler."

Dude I can't even SEE old Dante (even at a young age, in fact if I remember correctly going by the novel he was sorta an assasin back then...) being in a street brawl. It's like you could bring out f***'n street brawler age Mike Tyson or something and he would still be 1000x weaker than old Dante. Seriously how does someone at his power level even BECOME a street brawler when he could kick the FIRST guy who even attempts to step to him to steal his lollipop at age 6 through a f***'n wall!?!

If they wanted a street brawler why didn't they just make a new Final Fight? I like Final Fight.
---
Latest Success: Bare-knuckle T-Rex Boxing Heavyweight Champion of the World.
Next Goal: Shave Chuck Norris' Beard
#9TheOriginalMaxPosted 8/17/2011 6:24:39 AM
"Ninja Theory has been talking about reinventing Dante for its Devil May Cry reboot, DmC.

DmC is prequel, set some time before the original Devil May Cry, when Dante is a teenager.
"
So it's a reboot that's a prequel.
Eg. it's before what happened in DMC3 but they also give it a new canon... Wow.

"Dante is much more aggressive, angry, and much more of a street brawler."
Kinda like Kratos, War, Dante A., basically every damn hack'n'slash male protagonist out there? Wow.

"The developer went on to say, "A lot of this is about how Dante becomes the way he is and why he's so angry at the world. There's a lot of satire on this game. He's a lot like young people today, no prospects... He's very angry.""
Young people are angry nowadays apparently. We haven't seen any satire so far. Dante was never angry at the world. Why the **** do we need this emo BS? We've got enough of it as is! Wow.

"Last year's reveal of Dante's new look was met with derision from many Devil May Cry fans."
And so was the newest pile of crap they gave us. Tell us something we don't know. WOW.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#10Ether101Posted 8/17/2011 6:34:21 AM
Zekenar posted...
Dante angry at the world? Seriously?? WTF!!!! Not counting the fight with Mundus when has Dante ever been angry?

But at least with the whole half angel bs we can take solace knowing that despite the name this is not Dante, nor is it Devil May Cry.

DMC3.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.