Ninja Theory: 'New Dante Is A Lot Like Young People Today: No Prospects'

#21mad_hax_manPosted 8/18/2011 8:24:58 PM
Ether101 posted...

It was suggested that during that time frame that he was suicidal.

Not this debate again. He was reckless, yes, but that goes in hand to hand with being near invincible. No where in DMC 3 was it ever suggested he had suicidal feelings.
#22Ether101Posted 8/19/2011 12:24:10 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
Ether101 posted...

It was suggested that during that time frame that he was suicidal.

Not this debate again. He was reckless, yes, but that goes in hand to hand with being near invincible. No where in DMC 3 was it ever suggested he had suicidal feelings.

A hedonistic free spirit. Neither human nor demon, his heart is heavy with self-loathing. He often embarks in reckless and outlandish behavior. He is either extremely selfless or dangerously suicidal.

Dante's father was the demon Sparda. His mother, a human, was killed by demons, and so Dante walks the earth - a demon half-breed an ax to grind and the blood lust to swing it.

Dante's the polar opposite of his cold-hearted father and longs to step out of the black shadow Sparda has cast over his existence. But, on the other hand, he still cannot suppress his conflicted feelings when battling demons. His brother Vergil reminded him of his father, who he both loves and hates.

That fits DMC3 Dante to a T.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#23Malus_X6Posted 8/19/2011 1:30:39 PM

A hedonistic free spirit. Neither human nor demon, his heart is heavy with self-loathing. He often embarks in reckless and outlandish behavior. He is either extremely selfless or dangerously suicidal.

This sentence is one that appears to be based on an outsider's observation. It does not explicitly state his personality or emotional state.

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus
#24Ether101Posted 8/19/2011 11:32:18 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
This sentence is one that appears to be based on an outsider's observation. It does not explicitly state his personality or emotional state.

Really, do you have something that supports that because what's said about Vergil is both backed by the game and that little snippet from the data log. Trying to argue that a third party none character narration can be ether unreliable or wrong shows that you don't understand what it is.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#25Malus_X6Posted 8/20/2011 9:11:58 PM

Really, do you have something that supports that because what's said about Vergil is both backed by the game and that little snippet from the data log. Trying to argue that a third party none character narration can be ether unreliable or wrong shows that you don't understand what it is.

You're right, I have nothing that supports that what you said is wrong. But actually saying that what that narration said as absolute truth is a little difficult. The last sentence alone is not definitive. I'm not trying to act like I'm schooling you or anything, I'm not. I'm just saying an "either, or" sentence comes off as something like, "oh, well, we can't exactly tell, but this is what we think."

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus