I just thought of something horrible.

#1jayganautPosted 8/18/2011 10:37:12 AM
I was reading another discussion and someone pointed out that he no longer has the white patch in his hair like he did in the first trailer and I thought, with this new Angel/Demon **** what if they try and make it like Mass Effect and your decisions or moves you use effect your Karma.

So essentially, perform good actions and get the old fashioned white hair or be evil and look like a meth addict. That would suck so bad.
#2Dark_AlexanderPosted 8/18/2011 11:29:14 AM
jayganaut posted...
I was reading another discussion and someone pointed out that he no longer has the white patch in his hair like he did in the first trailer and I thought, with this new Angel/Demon **** what if they try and make it like Mass Effect and your decisions or moves you use effect your Karma.

So essentially, perform good actions and get the old fashioned white hair or be evil and look like a meth addict. That would suck so bad.

It would just be another mechanic that feels like padding covering up for inferior combat. IMO
---
You wanna know why fans hate the new Devil May Cry? Read this: http://captainstarball.com/opinion/devil-may-cry-fan-explains-backlash
#3EzraGenesisPosted 8/18/2011 11:29:24 AM
K
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#4Johnny BlaquePosted 8/18/2011 11:29:59 AM
That would be cool. Why would it suck?
#5Dark_AlexanderPosted 8/18/2011 11:33:40 AM
Johnny Blaque posted...

Probably because it would be like the bunch of other games that do the same thing.
---
You wanna know why fans hate the new Devil May Cry? Read this: http://captainstarball.com/opinion/devil-may-cry-fan-explains-backlash
#6StrelokPosted 8/18/2011 12:06:24 PM
Indeed, it'd just copy other games even more without being what DMC was, unique. Bluh.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haruhiism.jpg
#7Xtreme65Posted 8/18/2011 12:13:00 PM
But I've always liked that feature in other games. If they are gonna do a good evil thing than why not? Honestly if this is the case I would actually be more excited for this game as it would at least warrant two playthroughs and possibly two endings as well. Honestly this new Angel/Demon thing is NOT necessarily a bad thing when it comes to gameplay. Sure it ***** up the story's continuity but come on guys when will you start embracing new ideas for the series. Even if other games have done it before DMC clearly has not so just give it a chance before you start hating.
---
http://www.myspace.com/xtreme65
#8Dark_AlexanderPosted 8/18/2011 12:31:12 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
But I've always liked that feature in other games. If they are gonna do a good evil thing than why not? Honestly if this is the case I would actually be more excited for this game as it would at least warrant two playthroughs and possibly two endings as well. Honestly this new Angel/Demon thing is NOT necessarily a bad thing when it comes to gameplay.

Part of it is the fact that many from the media to pro-DmC people here have praised NT as original thinkers etc. Yet much of what's being shown isn't original at all. Another element is that of jumping on the morality system bandwagon that's popular in the industry right now. Again this gives the feeling of Devil May Cry's uniqueness going away.

Sure it ***** up the story's continuity but come on guys when will you start embracing new ideas for the series. Even if other games have done it before DMC clearly has not so just give it a chance before you start hating.

Technically doesn't screw up any continuity but it'll take too long to explain my personal reasons for disliking the angel thing. Once again this is NOT about the mere idea of change or new ideas for the series. If it was then we would've gone to war over the changes, both to canon and gameplay, in DMC3 at the latest.

Now, linking to what I said earlier, if such a system were introduced in a DMC5 or 6 I think many would be open to it, I would be. That's because the core combat, characters, etc would still be there. Thus it would be an addition. Right now the combat looks inferior, and the tech plainly is inferior. Thus my statement that such a system and the changing environments feel like padding, a distraction to wow and make you forget that the combat that WAS the best out there no longer exists. Thus it's not an addition, just poor compensation. To me anyway.
---
#9jayganaut(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2011 12:39:37 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Honestly if this is the case I would actually be more excited for this game as it would at least warrant two playthroughs .

So by your logic after that you would trade it in? whereas with other DMC titles after you complete it you spend your time coming up with inventive combos and working out the combat system.

That's why I never understood peoples problem with DMC4s backtracking, if you're a true fan you play each level hundreds of times anyway so you're always doing the same thing over and over.

I dislike this karma thing because it would also imply your moves are restricted depending on what affinity you choose. I make DMC combo videos and I like being able to do all my moves not having separate save files so I can access my "dark" moveset.

A karma system also implies less enthesis on a mission select as you could just grind karma points and it would take away the point of making decisions.

There's some other reasons it would suck as a DMC mechanic.
#10TheOriginalMaxPosted 8/18/2011 12:51:12 PM
Johnny Blaque posted...

I think I'm getting your POV clearly here. You WANT it to conform and don't really care about the old format. Very well, you're entitled to your opinion. Just as you should let us be entitled to ours.

Anyway: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc/60041947/667811720
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.