I just thought of something horrible.

#21TheOriginalMaxPosted 8/19/2011 4:34:57 AM
>I think people like you are closeminded naysayers
Far from it. If I were closed-minded, I wouldn't have liked DMC3SE the most. I do have an open mind, I just don't personally like anything I've seen thus far merely because it WILL BE THE FUTURE OF THE DMC SERIES if it does well. That is my only concern. Had this been a completely new IP there would be no problem.

>When you say things like "conform" you are really telling about yourself. I think you are biased against non-japanese games
*sigh*
All this because you completely misunderstood what I said in my original topic. Could you stop using such kindergarten logic? Do you even know what conformity is?
It's pretty obvious they are conforming at this stage. They've blatantly said that they want it to appeal to Western audiences. They blatantly said they wanted a piece of the 5mil sales cake, and to get this they have to real make the game appeal to the biggest market, the West. The look is prominent in the West, way more-so than in the East(already told you this).
And I love Western games. My newest 3 games are Red Faction Armageddon, inFamous 2 and Mortal Kombat 9. All of which are western games. So stop grasping at straws and stop so insultingly stereotyping me.

>And linking that post tells more about you. I didn't even play Dante's Inferno because it didn't interest me but even I know that DI was influenced greatly by DMC. DMC recreated the flipping genre!
That is such a cop-out statement it's getting sad at this point. Every single hack'n'slash game out there can be said to have gotten influenced by DMC. That's like saying the world is round. Hell, DMC4 is influenced by GoW due to the "finishing moves" by Nero.
This game looks more aking to Dante's Inferno than DMC. That's just how it is.

>You act like there was never a weapon lvling system
Stop.Graspin.At.Straws. Quote me where I said something like that.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#22Johnny BlaquePosted 8/19/2011 11:50:02 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
>I think people like you are closeminded naysayers
Far from it. If I were closed-minded, I wouldn't have liked DMC3SE the most. I do have an open mind, I just don't personally like anything I've seen thus far merely because it WILL BE THE FUTURE OF THE DMC SERIES if it does well. That is my only concern. Had this been a completely new IP there would be no problem.

>When you say things like "conform" you are really telling about yourself. I think you are biased against non-japanese games
*sigh*
All this because you completely misunderstood what I said in my original topic. Could you stop using such kindergarten logic? Do you even know what conformity is?
It's pretty obvious they are conforming at this stage. They've blatantly said that they want it to appeal to Western audiences. They blatantly said they wanted a piece of the 5mil sales cake, and to get this they have to real make the game appeal to the biggest market, the West. The look is prominent in the West, way more-so than in the East(already told you this).
And I love Western games. My newest 3 games are Red Faction Armageddon, inFamous 2 and Mortal Kombat 9. All of which are western games. So stop grasping at straws and stop so insultingly stereotyping me.

>And linking that post tells more about you. I didn't even play Dante's Inferno because it didn't interest me but even I know that DI was influenced greatly by DMC. DMC recreated the flipping genre!
That is such a cop-out statement it's getting sad at this point. Every single hack'n'slash game out there can be said to have gotten influenced by DMC. That's like saying the world is round. Hell, DMC4 is influenced by GoW due to the "finishing moves" by Nero.
This game looks more aking to Dante's Inferno than DMC. That's just how it is.

>You act like there was never a weapon lvling system
Stop.Graspin.At.Straws. Quote me where I said something like that.

Yiou are all over the place here. For one thing, our little conversation was in another topic. YOU followed me in here to continue what was in the other topic, okay? YOU made assumptions(insults) about me not even liking the other games and preffering this game to the rest. You accuse me(insult me) of wanting to "conform". Yeah? So in a game of "two wrongs don't make a right, I made wild accusations about you. Doesn't feel good does it. Maybe you should take your own advice about stereotyping.

As for the weapon lvling you said it in that random post you linked me from wherever it was you posted at. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc/60041947/667811720
#23TheOriginalMaxPosted 8/19/2011 12:02:01 PM
>Yiou are all over the place here. For one thing, our little conversation was in another topic. YOU followed me in here to continue what was in the other topic, okay?
I didn't follow you. I posted in this thread before you sir.

>YOU made assumptions(insults) about me not even liking the other games and preffering this game to the rest.
You: "That would be cool. Why would it suck?"
That alone already says that you're willingly departing from the previous format. Ergo you must not have really enjoyed it if you're willingly changing it into something that we have in nigh every action game out there.

>You accuse me(insult me) of wanting to "conform".
But you do want it to conform. Therefore it's the truth.

>As for the weapon lvling you said it in that random post you linked me from wherever it was you posted at.
And how was that link me saying: "You act like there was never a weapon lvling system"?
Please explain that to me.
What I referred to with the Darksiders comment was that each button had its own weapon. And you're basically leveling up the buttons. That's what I meant. So again you completely misunderstand something I say and draw your own ridiculous conclusions.

And next time you try to one-up me in an argument, refute my statements. Which you did not address at all at this point in time. Therefore I win by default. Good day.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#24Johnny BlaquePosted 8/19/2011 12:42:57 PM
That alone already says that you're willingly departing from the previous format. Ergo you must not have really enjoyed it if you're willingly changing it into something that we have in nigh every action game out there.

It doesn't mean that. It means I wouldn't be against a neat gameplay mechanic even if it is in every action game out there. I wasn't against all the new features in DMC2 that weren't in DMC1. I wasn't against all the new gameplay mechanics in DMC3 that weren't in DMC2. I wasn't against the new gameplay mechanics that were in DMC4 that weren't in DMC3. And I wouldn't be against a decision/karma mechanic that is in this game that wasn't in DMC4.

You Win.