Whst we know so far

#11SpacePirateSealPosted 8/19/2011 4:22:40 AM
My main problem with this isn't the fact that they ruined the story, It's that it's locked at 30 FPS. But... it will feel like 60 in my hands? Now before I open my big mouth- too late! Has NT ever played a fighting game that ran at 60 fps? Have they played the originals? I doubt it (don't answer that I want to feel like I know everything). So anyways... How old is this Dante? *Attempts to discredit the already creditless NT*
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE Mains: Vega Sub: Orochi_Oni, Yang!
Chunli-"you wouldn't want to touch any other stick."PKMN Black FC: 4427 2869 9532
#12Stink_Nasty(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 9:00:44 AM
NT is working with Capcom Japan to make it feel like 60, we don't know how it feels though, no one has played it.

Welkin, I'll try ot find the link with the linking the DT, I skimmed through that one and thought that was it, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. I would love to talk about performance, but all of it is based on PR talk and what we speculate, so it really makes no sense to put it in a thread with things we know to be fact in the game. I can't say the game will be clunky if n one has played ,I can just say what everyone else says. I did state in my opinions though, that I do believe the game will be slower.

IDK how weapon switching will feel on the D-pad, maybe they are focusing more on the "style" or "mode" switching between angel/demon/human.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#13Stink_Nasty(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 9:08:46 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189114p1.html

IGN UK's preview. Some new things we learned and have confirmed:

-holding down the triggers alters the stance and changes the face buttons and combos for Dante

-Angel more heavy on traversal, letting you zip through while fighting

- focused on more ranged, aerial heavy and chaining of combos

So I couldn't find the link where I read about the DT, so I probably read it somewhere on this forum or another, so we'll leave it at he knocks the enemies into the air at slowmo and you can combo them. Sorry about that!

Keep posting here your thoughts, and whether you have a preview from somewhere and any new info!

You can post rumors as well and we can discuss those too.
---
#14Stink_Nasty(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 9:12:27 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/impressions-dmc-209170.phtml

This is where I read about not letting them touch the ground and using skill based combos, IDK if it means it will be hard or not, or if he's just saying using your skill to build combos. He says making sure not to miss one, IDK if this is done automatically or not.

The platforming sequences weren't said to be QTE's or anything lik that, just a quick pause from the action that features platforming more speed based than puzzle based to keep it high octane I guess.
---
#15bobbysjobyPosted 8/19/2011 9:21:34 AM
"As for the platforming, no need to tell that too fast platforming may mean partially scripted platforming (Enslaved-like) and that's not something people would love."

bayonetta had these elements at times and no one whined

"Considering that the angel/devil stance change the shape of the weapon i feel that the weapon switching will not be done flawlessly mid-combo in the full game."

that trailer showed him swap from scythe to sword in mid air *shrug*

"the current trailer shows empty areas with only 3 static enemies"

nah at one point you can clearly see 5 or 6 for a split second before he combos 2 of them away from the rest
#16W3lkinPosted 8/19/2011 9:59:24 AM
bobbysjoby posted...
"As for the platforming, no need to tell that too fast platforming may mean partially scripted platforming (Enslaved-like) and that's not something people would love."

bayonetta had these elements at times and no one whined

Plenty of people whined about Bayonetta for multiple different reasons, so i don't know what the heck you're talking about. And the platforming in Bayonetta was extremely minor.

"Considering that the angel/devil stance change the shape of the weapon i feel that the weapon switching will not be done flawlessly mid-combo in the full game."

that trailer showed him swap from scythe to sword in mid air *shrug*

Did you read my post? The Sword/Scynthe change was due to the angel/human transition which i've already said it's on the fly. What i'm talking in that paragraph is the change from the rebellion to another different weapon. Using the d-pad lead to some conclusions that i explained before.

"the current trailer shows empty areas with only 3 static enemies"

nah at one point you can clearly see 5 or 6 for a split second before he combos 2 of them away from the rest

And...? Still it's obvious that part is early. Empty areas and training dummies. I'll wait for a real demo.
#17bobbysjobyPosted 8/19/2011 10:55:47 AM
what would be really sweet would be if they could pull off something like the amount of enemies in a room at a time like in the pc version of dmc 4, with huge environments like this it'd be great

extremely unlikely tho