Just something to ease some of the tension here

#1imlpzPosted 8/19/2011 12:47:40 PM
This board is divided by opposing opinions. Some of us plan to not buy the game because we rather have the old style of DMC. Some of us are not bothered by the change enough to let that be a factor if the game is decent enough. As one who is opposed to the change I don't really want the DmC haters or anti-haters to flame each other without having something to give to the other side.(sorry, I don't know a better way to say it.)
So after the last trailer shown, How about we each at least:

1) Say something(s) that you like about this game or something(s) from this series that might have been a good addition to the old series. (Sorry as I know not much is known for this game yet)

2) Say something(s) you don't like and could be improved or could have been prevented.

3) Say something(s) from the old series that should make a return to the old series

4) (Question) Who you be happy if Capcom continued to make both styles of DMC side by side so people could choose which one they preferred.

For me:
1) Even if I don't like this game I can admit it looks better than the first trailer. If I could bring something form this series to the old series, I do think that it would be nice to have to different stories: One with old school Dante and one with another character who can have an angel/demon form(though can they come up with a better way than a angel/demon hybrid?)

2) I don't like that this is using the DMC name when it could be a decent IP as itself. It seems to me that Capcom would have no confidence in this game if it didn't carry the DMC name. They should have made the a separate series or a spin-off of DMC and stop selling through name alone. Also Tameem should have spoken less and let someone else talk for NT.

3) I would like my funny Dante to return. Also I would hope the styles are still there too.

4) Just because this is A new DMC does not mean Capcom should bury the old style. If they would still make the old style along with this (alternate between games) then I really would have no problems with this game.

This may probably turn into flame war eventually, but I would like to show that both sides to this game could act rationally even when we agreed to disagree.
---
Rival School/Project Justice on PSN. Capcom make it happen.
#2DevilD2005Posted 8/19/2011 12:57:33 PM
this will be interestting.

1. It is new and refreshing, looks bleak. The angel bit of the game is making me curious. 2. I have not seene nough about the platforming and platforming puts me back to old N64 games which had alot of problems for me in terms of having to be accurate with my leaps. Not sure if the new setting appeals to me.
3. Virgil. I liked him more than dante. Go figure ;p. Also Lady, there was something about her, not DMC4 Lady, she looked atrocious. The awesome uber paceed cinematics. Dante being able to ride a missile. 4. I for one found a dilsking to DMC4. Also I do not know how they can continue it, in the same vein that MGS4 was a pretty defining end to the series. I guess DMC could do a 5 and I wouldnt lose sleep over it. I just personally have a hard time picturing it. However if they can do it, and do it well, then awesome.
#3AnomylousPosted 8/19/2011 1:03:52 PM
1) Um...I like the...hang on, I'll get back to this one.

2) MT Framework during development would've been nice.

3) Nothing. A new series should be that: new. But since this is a reboot and not a new series, it'd be nice if the gameplay stays like DMC.

4) YES! Win-win situation.

1) Sorry, still got nothing. If anything I'm neutral towards the aesthetics. I was the same opinion of Bayonetta when I first heard of it, but the aesthetics grew on me. So maybe this will too?
---
It's actually spelled anomalous. But that's why it's anomylous...
#4Phantom_Opera_GPosted 8/19/2011 1:21:03 PM
I think it looks okay, nothing groundbreaking but still okay none the less and as many have said before this hurricane of hate could have easily been avoided if it wasn't a Devil May Cry game, Heavenly Sword wasn't quite DMC level but it was still a good game and another sequel of that I wouldn't have minded instead of them doing DmC because after all did it really need to be rebooted?

DmC= Hell no
Heavenly Sword= aye alright lets go for it
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#5imlpz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 1:34:56 PM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
I think it looks okay, nothing groundbreaking but still okay none the less and as many have said before this hurricane of hate could have easily been avoided if it wasn't a Devil May Cry game, Heavenly Sword wasn't quite DMC level but it was still a good game and another sequel of that I wouldn't have minded instead of them doing DmC because after all did it really need to be rebooted?

DmC= Hell no
Heavenly Sword= aye alright lets go for it

Agreed I would rather have a new Heavenly Sword game truthfully
---
#6JPshakePosted 8/19/2011 1:44:51 PM
I see your good intentions implz, but dont expect this to ease some of the tensions. I for one can quickly point out the cons ive seen thus far but also point out the pros that can potentially make this a great game however you have people like Anomylous. Instead of contributing to the topic he make a statement to #1 by putting "Um...I like the...hang on, I'll get back to this one." Either you contribute to the topic or dont post at all. Anyways...

1.) I like the fact that we have a new design for dante, as much as i like his old look to me he kind of got stale. I like the addition of more indepth platforming, and to top it off the gameplay seems pretty solid.

2.) The 30FPS, but to look on the bright side NT is going to be making up for the lack of 60FPS

3.) I would like to see virgil make an appearance, or make him as a playable character.

4.) That would actually be a pretty neat idea, I would not mind at all, I for one would buy every iteration of both series because I love DMC that much.
---
"Dispair itself is the only true joy" -Melfice
FC: 3397 02880 8460
#7AnomylousPosted 8/19/2011 2:27:10 PM(edited)
Either you contribute to the topic or dont post at all.

I'm contributing. You might not like how I'm contributing, but I'm certainly free to do so. You're also free to attack me, I guess. Thanks for illustrating the power of free speech.
---
#8imlpz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 2:37:29 PM
JPshake posted...
I see your good intentions implz, but dont expect this to ease some of the tensions. I for one can quickly point out the cons ive seen thus far but also point out the pros that can potentially make this a great game however you have people like Anomylous. Instead of contributing to the topic he make a statement to #1 by putting "Um...I like the...hang on, I'll get back to this one." Either you contribute to the topic or dont post at all. Anyways...

1.) I like the fact that we have a new design for dante, as much as i like his old look to me he kind of got stale. I like the addition of more indepth platforming, and to top it off the gameplay seems pretty solid.

2.) The 30FPS, but to look on the bright side NT is going to be making up for the lack of 60FPS

3.) I would like to see virgil make an appearance, or make him as a playable character.

4.) That would actually be a pretty neat idea, I would not mind at all, I for one would buy every iteration of both series because I love DMC that much.

Yeah I just want to show that there are people who can have opposing views and still see the other side of the spectrum. As for the two DMCs series, I think people could be more inclined to buy both if Capcom gave people a choice. I thought they could make it in the same way they have different megaman versions so everyone could have one that appeals to them.
---
#9AnomylousPosted 8/19/2011 2:53:27 PM
There was another topic meant to help calm down people (by HyperProtomanX, probably a great guy IRL), but that didn't turn out so hot. Or rather it got very hot. Something.

How about instead summarizing the main points of each side without resorting to counter-arguments (yet)? Then maybe people can pick and choose points to add or subtract.

Pro-DmC:
- new ideas, new look
- doesn't look any worse in the trailers than other DMCs when they had trailers (gameplay-wise) <-not too sure about this
- inception-like environment shifting
- new DT system based on skill
- brighter looking (personally I don't really like dark/dull areas like DMC2)

Anti-DmC
- UE3 engine runs slower than MT framework
- altered canon <- poor argument IMO, since this is a reboot
- borrowed elements from various other games, e.g. Heavenly Sword <- dunno how valid this is, but I read one preview that said elements of HS appeared in DmC
- DT looks like old Dante (Why do this? This isn't going to appease the old fans)
- zomg Donte's hair!11!!! (lol I'm kidding...)

I've read a lot more anti-DmC stuff, but I'm inclined to say they're more opinions than objective statements.
---
#10imlpz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 3:02:15 PM
Anomylous posted...
There was another topic meant to help calm down people (by HyperProtomanX, probably a great guy IRL), but that didn't turn out so hot. Or rather it got very hot. Something.

How about instead summarizing the main points of each side without resorting to counter-arguments (yet)? Then maybe people can pick and choose points to add or subtract.

Pro-DmC:
- new ideas, new look
- doesn't look any worse in the trailers than other DMCs when they had trailers (gameplay-wise) <-not too sure about this
- inception-like environment shifting
- new DT system based on skill
- brighter looking (personally I don't really like dark/dull areas like DMC2)

Anti-DmC
- UE3 engine runs slower than MT framework
- altered canon <- poor argument IMO, since this is a reboot
- borrowed elements from various other games, e.g. Heavenly Sword <- dunno how valid this is, but I read one preview that said elements of HS appeared in DmC
- DT looks like old Dante (Why do this? This isn't going to appease the old fans)
- zomg Donte's hair!11!!! (lol I'm kidding...)

I've read a lot more anti-DmC stuff, but I'm inclined to say they're more opinions than objective statements.

That's a good idea actually.
---