I get it now..

#1lance72Posted 9/30/2011 9:49:46 PM
Since this game isn't a move forward, chronologically speaking, it only makes sense to make it worse than dmc3.

If you move back in time, you also move back in awesomeness.

Now that we got that clear, we can all accept this game as a degenerate derivative of Dmc3.

I see that Ninja Theory spends a lot of time on making the music and the fashion in this game connect with the modern day likes. I actually read in my Game Informer magazine that there is a new feature in this game where if you do AIR combos, you will actually get some kind of bonus. This means that the game will be built around aircombos.

In DMC3, Jump Cancelling was a wonderful glitch. In Dmc4, it was kindly brought over.
However, in DMC, you might see an ingame tutorial telling you how to stay in the air with air combos.
---
PSN & Gamertag: Lance3375
Don't send me empty friend requests please.
#2AnomylousPosted 9/30/2011 10:00:25 PM
"Press [attack button] 4 times while in the air to do an air rave"
"Press [whip grab] button to pull the enemy to you so you can do another air rave"
"Mix up these techniques and you'll be doing stylish combos in no time!"
---
It's actually spelled anomalous. But that's why it's anomylous...
#3lance72(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2011 10:13:41 PM
Exactly!

I suppose it completely ignores enemy step/jump cancelling.

I like that Jump Cancelling is a skill that has to be learned. I like that whenever I am StarRaving, to know that this is only possible because of skill and the time I dedicated to learning it. I feel like they are going to spoon feed you the crazy combos.

I don't like the direction that this reboot is going.

It's like if they were to reboot Halo and give you Auto Aim, and let Master Chief be a rash teenager who is posing as a great War Hero and fighting a War with an alien race that no one else can see.

Or, it's like rebooting Mario, and giving him lock-on and a gun to shoot Goombas, while he was still taking plumbing classes, and fought in his dreams. Alternatively, you can kick and with each kick you gain the ability to jump higher. The higher you can jump, the more bullets you can get.

Or it's like rebooting Sonic the Hedgehog and giving him QTE's for crazy loops and insane jumps that have to be performed, during the time that he didn't have running shoes, and so he had to take a cool off after running too long. The faster you input Qte's the faster your feet cool off.
---
#4ejshinPosted 10/1/2011 3:35:53 AM
lance72 posted...
Since this game isn't a move forward, chronologically speaking, it only makes sense to make it worse than dmc3.

If you move back in time, you also move back in awesomeness.

Now that we got that clear, we can all accept this game as a degenerate derivative of Dmc3.

I see that Ninja Theory spends a lot of time on making the music and the fashion in this game connect with the modern day likes. I actually read in my Game Informer magazine that there is a new feature in this game where if you do AIR combos, you will actually get some kind of bonus. This means that the game will be built around aircombos.

In DMC3, Jump Cancelling was a wonderful glitch. In Dmc4, it was kindly brought over.
However, in DMC, you might see an ingame tutorial telling you how to stay in the air with air combos.

By this logic, DMC 2 must be the most advanced system where Dante pwns more than any other DMC... Unless he gets worse with old age...
#5lance72(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 8:52:32 PM
If there is no sense in this world, then surely that nonsense would definitely make the most sense of them all.
---