I've been wondering about Vergil

#1TMW001Posted 10/1/2011 10:54:53 AM
*spoilers* if you haven't played and beaten all DMC 1 and 3

We all know what becomes his fate at the end of DMC3 and in DMC1 which is after DMC3 we find out he was Nelo Angelo and beaten by Dante several times during DMC1. Will Capcom ever shed some light on what happen to the guy after that did he die or was he set free thanks to his brother?
#2Malus_X6Posted 10/1/2011 11:05:48 AM
I think it's very possible to bring Vergil back in an ACTUAL sequel to DMC 4.

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus
#3Dark_EpathyPosted 10/1/2011 4:54:05 PM
A lot of people speculated back around the release of DMC4 that Vergil would most likely reappear by possessing Nero, or something like that. Basically, with all the clues pointing to a definite connection between Nero and Vergil, it wouldn't be a stretch to see him return--in a hypothetical DMC5, of course.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#4ZeroX91Posted 10/1/2011 5:27:24 PM

If Virgil does possess Nero I doubt it will be "Virgil" more the angry remains of his soul kinda thing.

#5Yami_light_Posted 10/2/2011 3:00:31 PM
the problem is not bringing him back, the problem is how to make him a treat, a friend yeah is ok, but if he is the antagonist again, how can he be a treat? the guy has been dormant for some time now, he had potential yeah, but unlike Dante, he didn't kill a lot of demons and trained his skills.

Dante has been killing Demons as a job! how is he going to keep up? some mumbo jumbo stuff?
---
---
If gameplay is solid, I'll play it, most of you play games where you only see a hand holding a gun anyway ... -PSN:Light_Yami
#6AnomylousPosted 10/2/2011 7:26:04 PM
Demon powah. And as Nelo Angelo demonstrated, he was at the very least capable of keeping up with DMC1 Dante.
---
It's actually spelled anomalous. But that's why it's anomylous...
#7vgundamPosted 10/2/2011 11:39:11 PM
Yami_light_ posted...
the problem is not bringing him back, the problem is how to make him a treat, a friend yeah is ok, but if he is the antagonist again, how can he be a treat?

I think you mean "threat". This isn't Halloween.

I think it would be plausible to assume Vergil's spirit essence/energy/whatever still lived after Dante defeated him in DMC 1.
---
It's "I COULDN'T care less" PLEASE GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.
#8Yami_light_Posted 10/3/2011 12:29:36 AM
lol yeah threat, sorry about that, but halloween IS coming over here XD.

and yeah I'm not saying it didn't, I'm just saying being in a spiritual form or whatever, he would be having a difficult time sharpening up his skills.

so the logical reason is what Anomylous said, DEMON POWAH!.
I don't know, he may found some ancient stuff, or maybe he can steal force edge but that would be a little off character IMO
---
---
If gameplay is solid, I'll play it, most of you play games where you only see a hand holding a gun anyway ... -PSN:Light_Yami
#9MyMentorSnakePosted 10/3/2011 6:02:46 PM
I remember reading a article someone posted on the dmc3 board some years ago. It talks about Dante and VERGIL are inseparable in the dmc series. As an example they said Dante is the light while Vergil is the dark. You can't have light without the darkness. And plus Vergil is bad@ss, he will always be on the same level as Dante. Even in the afterlife or he// whatever.
---
Now... we can fight as warriors... hand to hand... it is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon. PSN: MyMentorSnake
#10ReakkuPosted 10/4/2011 5:36:46 AM
More like this: Vergil is too popular for Capcom to kill off.