Underground "Youth Culture"

#1ejshinPosted 10/6/2011 7:34:32 AM
One of Tameem's goal was to bring underground "youth culture" to DmC through music, style, and story. Now, I'm not entirely sure I've seen any of these elements yet. Style stand point, it just seems like punk, musically it sounds a bit emo(hey, there's some good emo music out there), and the story is a little dark, but I wouldn't say representative of underground youth culture.

My question to you guys would be "What do you think resonates better with the youth of today and what games have brought those elements to life?"

For instance, Free running and Parkour started out as a huge underground movement and games like Mirror's Edge tapped into that and made a really cool and innovative game out of those elements through the use of gameplay, design, and clothing style.
#2gtomangaPosted 10/6/2011 9:03:46 AM(edited)
im more for the epic manga hero art (not naruto happy go lucky japan clon crap)
like YS and megaman or leagend of heros

Youth Culture i think theyr into iphones now days
tameem is going for the twilight ppl (i think) theyr popilar as the Harry Potter fans
i think theyr into FPS and halo and gory games
and the yo yo yo rap music with gangsta clothing (Saints Row style)

---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlencer,sonic,spider-man,batman FAN
#3ZeroX91Posted 10/6/2011 5:32:43 PM

Honestly if it was targeting the "youth underground culture" it would be more hiphop or cyber punk oriented, now maybe it targets that culture when Tameen i.e. "extreme" 80s early 90s punk but in all reality the 80s ninja turtles cartoon did a better job of it. lol

#4ZeroX91Posted 10/6/2011 5:34:35 PM
ZeroX91 posted...

Honestly if it was targeting the "youth underground culture" it would be more hiphop or cyber punk oriented, now maybe it targets that culture when Tameen *was a kid* i.e. "extreme" 80s early 90s punk but in all reality the 80s ninja turtles cartoon did a better job of it. lol

*fixed, I wish i didnt loose my editing privileges. lol
#5Malus_X6Posted 10/6/2011 5:34:48 PM
Youth culture is definitely not underground. All you have to do these days is walk into a Hot Topic.

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus
#6lance72Posted 10/6/2011 8:30:02 PM
^ you beat me to this comment!
---
PSN & Gamertag: Lance3375
Don't send me empty friend requests please.
#7Malus_X6Posted 10/6/2011 8:56:01 PM(edited)

^ you beat me to this comment!

Because I frequently travel through all of time and space, I have decided that my previous comment (which was originally your comment that was originally to be said at 11:30:02 PM) had to be said at 8:34:48 PM because of its importance.

---
#8SinisterSamuraiPosted 10/11/2011 3:05:28 PM
Did you save John Conner, or are we screwed?
---
Parsons: "'The art of fighting without fighting'? Show me some of it."
Lee: *nods* "Later."
#9darkdragon22Posted 10/12/2011 1:11:22 AM
Has youth culture really changed that much from 10 years ago?
---
http://www.theradiochick.com/home.php
http://www.emptylamb.com/
#10Malus_X6Posted 10/12/2011 10:38:16 AM

Did you save John Conner, or are we screwed?

No, because that is a fixed point in time. If I had stopped John Conner from being saved, all of time and reality would have been destroyed. You can thank me later.

---