I hope they fix the awkward jumping in this one.

#1IceWindRyuPosted 12/21/2011 12:55:04 PM
That's one thing I hate about the DMC series. The jumping always felt so.....heavy? I don't know how to describe it, but it made platforming parts really difficult to do..
#2ABadNuffDudePosted 12/21/2011 1:08:21 PM
From what I've seen the jumping actually seems to be better which is surprising when you consider NT has never to my knowledge made a game with manual jumping.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#3ejshinPosted 12/21/2011 1:22:00 PM
ABadNuffDude posted...
From what I've seen the jumping actually seems to be better which is surprising when you consider NT has never to my knowledge made a game with manual jumping.

Lol. True dat.

I don't know, I kind of liked the heaviness of the Jumping and the slight pause when you jump off if a wall or enemy.
#4rice_noodlesPosted 12/21/2011 1:33:24 PM
Too bad the air dash animation looks ridiculous
http://i.imgur.com/V0K6t.jpg
#5MrStarkillerPosted 12/21/2011 2:12:23 PM
DMC isn't a platformer (though it certainly does like to put them in now and then). I'd have to imagine the jump was tuned for combat more so than platforming.
#6CupONoodles69Posted 12/21/2011 10:07:51 PM
MrStarkiller posted...
DMC isn't a platformer (though it certainly does like to put them in now and then). I'd have to imagine the jump was tuned for combat more so than platforming.

This. Imagine if Dante could jump 50 feet. Trickster would be useless, and jumping is already useful for evasion. If jumping were any better, it'd be game breaking.

Yeah, it's unwieldly. Especially for those horrible platforming segments. But it's limited for a reason.
---
#wow #whoa
#7IceWindRyu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 10:13:03 PM
CupONoodles69 posted...
MrStarkiller posted...

This. Imagine if Dante could jump 50 feet. Trickster would be useless, and jumping is already useful for evasion. If jumping were any better, it'd be game breaking.

Yeah, it's unwieldly. Especially for those horrible platforming segments. But it's limited for a reason.

But this has nothing to do with jumping height.
#8MrStarkillerPosted 12/23/2011 12:07:19 AM
So you seem to believe.
#9NarrooPosted 12/23/2011 10:39:36 AM
Well, imagine if Dante jumped like Mario in Mario 64. That would be REALLY awkward when fighting, since you'd have to hold down the jump button for a rather long time, and constantly press in the direction you want.

The current system is so that you can quick hop in the direction you want for evasive reasons, and do whatever you want after the input is done. The current system may or may not be optimal, but I doubt a plat former style jump would be good.
#10MrStarkillerPosted 12/31/2011 5:15:15 PM
An Action/Platformer this is not.