can casuals gamers ruin dmc?

#31Knives13Posted 1/4/2012 9:46:55 AM
As stated before somewhere in this thread, fun is relative, one man's fun is another man's frustration.
#32Ether101Posted 1/4/2012 4:21:46 PM
Knives13 posted...
As stated before somewhere in this thread, fun is relative, one man's fun is another man's frustration.

Not really, the things that made DMC fun should remain the same. Taking the combat style out of DMC will have same effect on the series as what happened to LoZ when they took away its fantasy elements.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#33sundet84Posted 1/4/2012 5:41:36 PM
Ether101 posted...
sundet84 posted...
Finaly the real hate fore the game is coming. it isnt the story and the look of the character. It is that the hadcore gamers how masterd the moves and combos cant no longer brag aboute that there are better at a game than casual gamers. that they no longer can say what i can do not ewerybody can ore i have beeten a hard game and you havent. Dont get me wrong. I have playd DMC 1-4 on the harder levels and master the combos but i dont mind if the movelist was more simpel as long as the enemis are a challange. Games arent suposed to be diffecult and hard as hell to beat butt about having fun. AND YES i know my spelling suck but i dont live in a english talking countery.

No, people are put off because all the fun is being sucked out of the series.

And how do we know it. we have only seen three places only a very small part of perhaps three different tracks. Most probably the second Although DMC 1-3-4 hadde both boring levels and Videos
#34sundet84Posted 1/4/2012 5:49:58 PM
Ether101 posted...
sundet84 posted...
Finaly the real hate fore the game is coming. it isnt the story and the look of the character. It is that the hadcore gamers how masterd the moves and combos cant no longer brag aboute that there are better at a game than casual gamers. that they no longer can say what i can do not ewerybody can ore i have beeten a hard game and you havent. Dont get me wrong. I have playd DMC 1-4 on the harder levels and master the combos but i dont mind if the movelist was more simpel as long as the enemis are a challange. Games arent suposed to be diffecult and hard as hell to beat butt about having fun. AND YES i know my spelling suck but i dont live in a english talking countery.

No, people are put off because all the fun is being sucked out of the series.
And how do we know that. we have only seen three places only a very small part of perhaps three different levels. Most probably two. even DMC 1-3-4 hadde both boring levels and video clips.

Forgive double posting. bad translation software
#35superfun64Posted 1/4/2012 6:53:16 PM
There is a Casual Devil May Cry experience already it's called easy automatic mode.
---
Just added 'Obtained the Power of Metal' to my awesome things I did for the heck of it list Awesome meter: {[][][][][][]}[]-- Status: Earthshattering Awesome
#36Ether101Posted 1/5/2012 4:56:02 PM
sundet84 posted...
And how do we know it. we have only seen three places only a very small part of perhaps three different tracks. Most probably the second Although DMC 1-3-4 hadde both boring levels and Videos

Part of the fun of DMC is its style which this game doesn't have as the people making it seem to think their to good for it. Everything we've seen and heard about the combat system is horrible as well.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#37MrStarkillerPosted 1/6/2012 8:24:47 AM
^^Clearly not casual enough.
#38LancerLigarPosted 1/10/2012 8:29:59 PM
if they have any form of animation interuption in this game what-so-ever hardcore players should have to put some effort into the game to push it to its limits.
#39ejshinPosted 1/10/2012 8:33:21 PM
LancerLigar posted...
if they have any form of animation interuption in this game what-so-ever hardcore players should have to put some effort into the game to push it to its limits.

They do. The whip attack and dodge cancel out any cycle of animation. Jumping might to, but I haven't spotted it yet.
#40LancerLigarPosted 1/11/2012 9:31:52 PM
well the dodge animation is so long and far that not only would it make the cancel worthless but you would move to far away from battle also i can't tell myself but i hope jump and dodge have invincibility frames (the length of that dodge animation bothers the shik outta me)