DmC ''Squarely Competing With Bayonetta'' In Gameplay

#1Yandy_KusanagiPosted 1/4/2012 8:45:48 PM(edited)
Please forgive me if this is old or repost.

Xbox Live have conducted a brief interview with Alex Jones, Capcom USA’s producer on DmC Joining him is Tameem Antoniades, creative director of developer, Ninja Theory, who are developing the game under Capcom Japan’s guidance.

Jones says that DmC is an “intensely collaborative” project, especially in the character department, and that Capcom Japan are providing guidance to ensure that the game’s combat is up to par. Upon being asked if Capcom see Bayonetta — developed by the original creator of the Devil May Cry series — as a competitor, Jones replies that DmC is “squarely competing” with Bayonetta in terms of how the game feels in your hands.

However, he adds, the area that he feels DmC will not compete with Bayonetta in, is tone and storytelling. This is an area where Capcom are giving Ninja Theory a large amount of creative freedom, as it is their area of expertise.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/04/dmc-devil-may-cry-squarely-competing-with-bayonetta-in-gameplay/

---
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separates us."
#2Vault_ZeroPosted 1/4/2012 8:50:59 PM
Yandy_Kusanagi posted...
Please forgive me if this is old or repost.

Xbox Live have conducted a brief interview with Alex Jones, Capcom USA’s producer on DmC Joining him is Tameem Antoniades, creative director of developer, Ninja Theory, who are developing the game under Capcom Japan’s guidance.

Jones says that DmC is an “intensely collaborative” project, especially in the character department, and that Capcom Japan are providing guidance to ensure that the game’s combat is up to par. Upon being asked if Capcom see Bayonetta — developed by the original creator of the Devil May Cry series — as a competitor, Jones replies that DmC is “squarely competing” with Bayonetta in terms of how the game feels in your hands.

However, he adds, the area that he feels DmC will not compete with Bayonetta in, is tone and storytelling. This is an area where Capcom are giving Ninja Theory a large amount of creative freedom, as it is their area of expertise.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/04/dmc-devil-may-cry-squarely-competing-with-bayonetta-in-gameplay/

So why did Tameem explicitly say that Bayonetta's gameplay was over 'too' over the top?

Isn't that saying, he said that in the context of DmC, that they don't want their 'gameplay' not to be like Bayonetta's?

Here we go again with the contradictions.
#3Famine_10f4Posted 1/4/2012 9:18:39 PM

The only thing I didn't like about Bayonetta was that there was too much happening on screen some time... There were moments where she would look like a dot in the mess of lines and explosions happening everywhere.

#4Vault_ZeroPosted 1/4/2012 9:20:28 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
The only thing I didn't like about Bayonetta was that there was too much happening on screen some time... There were moments where she would look like a dot in the mess of lines and explosions happening everywhere.

That chaos, I like it. That is one of the reasons I like bullet hell games, there is structure among the chaos, you just need to react properly.
#5DevilD2005Posted 1/4/2012 9:48:48 PM
i dont think nbayaneettas gameplay was overthe top, the game was just overthe top. The naked woman posing as she summons the death of a boss... it made me want to gag.
#6Vault_ZeroPosted 1/4/2012 9:50:05 PM
DevilD2005 posted...
i dont think nbayaneettas gameplay was overthe top, the game was just overthe top. The naked woman posing as she summons the death of a boss... it made me want to gag.

It's not meant to be taken that seriously, lighten up. :)
#7Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/4/2012 9:59:01 PM
Vault_Zero posted...
DevilD2005 posted...

It's not meant to be taken that seriously, lighten up. :)

THAT is what Tameem was obviously talking about. Not the gameplay. And it was a bit too OTT. Though I think I'll play it now.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#8xenogearz88Posted 1/4/2012 11:36:33 PM
my first post here in 5 months, and i call BS on this one.

Tameem thinks his sloppy and laggy gameplay can match bayonetta?

....only when pigs fly.
---
my reaction at the confirmed death of DMC at Gamescon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenmjYW6Rhc
#9rice_noodlesPosted 1/5/2012 1:37:57 AM
I can laugh at this without the pro-DmC people having any problems right?
#10_Uwye_Posted 1/5/2012 2:04:08 AM
Yandy_Kusanagi posted...
Jones says that DmC is an “intensely collaborative” project, especially in the character department

Intense collaboration...in the character department...? Oh. My. God.