DmC ''Squarely Competing With Bayonetta'' In Gameplay

#21AiddonPosted 1/5/2012 8:18:43 AM
Antoniades being arrogant once again. He likes to think he's talented when in fact he's a third-rate hack who tries to distract people from mediocre gameplay and subpar engine performance with at best average stories. NT has been one of the most arrogant developers this generation and they deserve to fail
#22vgundamPosted 1/5/2012 12:12:05 PM
Kamiya is a genius. Ninja Theory is a group of monkeys.
---
It's "I COULDN'T care less" PLEASE GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.
#23SaydeWindsaurPosted 1/5/2012 1:57:01 PM
If we're dealing only with just how Bayonetta felt "in your hands" in terms of controls and responsiveness, then I wish the developers of this game a lot of luck. Because Bayo & Jeanne were an absolute pleasure to control more so than any other action/adventure game I've played to date. So to achieve such a feat (on 30fps no less) sounds like quite the task. I'd have to play it to believe it.
#24Ether101Posted 1/6/2012 2:24:59 AM
Aiddon posted...
Antoniades being arrogant once again. He likes to think he's talented when in fact he's a third-rate hack who tries to distract people from mediocre gameplay and subpar engine performance with at best average stories. NT has been one of the most arrogant developers this generation and they deserve to fail

Still not as bad as Eiji Aonuma, with all the **** he's been pulling seance taking over LoZ. To think there was a time when Link wasn't cowardly idiot.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#25MrStarkillerPosted 1/6/2012 8:22:17 AM
How odd it is to see DMC still chasing Bayonetta's tail. Before it might have been believable that a sequel would give them a chance to catch up and exceed, but DmC makes that seem like unrealistic expectations.
#26YoungGganonPosted 1/6/2012 12:25:46 PM
Why is NT being allowed to mess with the story? It seems like their games pretty much ride on the game play.
---
(Now replaying all of the Kingdom Hearts series)
Official No One of Kingdom Hearts Boards
#27YoungGganonPosted 1/6/2012 12:26:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28AiddonPosted 1/8/2012 9:19:47 PM
Ether101 posted...
Aiddon posted...

Still not as bad as Eiji Aonuma, with all the **** he's been pulling seance taking over LoZ. To think there was a time when Link wasn't cowardly idiot.

...Huh? That's....just...-leaves to talk to someone smarter-
#29ClericIdolaPosted 1/12/2012 12:06:38 PM
To be honest with you, DmC as of lately has struck me as being similar to Bayonetta in terms of mechanics. Well, at least it looks that way. Honestly, if DmC turns out just as awesome as Bayonetta, then I'm all for it. Seriously, DMC4 was just a total let down to me, and for all of you that can't see the incredible gameplay beyond the cheesy-ness of Bayonetta.. well.. I pray DmC turns out to be that successor to DMC4 that you were hoping for.

Also, on a side note, I've been playing the **** out of Bayonetta lately, unlocking a ton of new weapons and other stuff. After learning that the whip can be used to either pull enemies toward you or pull you towards them (Devil Bringer), I'm starting to see that P* basically stuffed the mechanics of DMCs 1-4 into one package. Bayonetta is action game genius.
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."