Debut Trailer...

#1Famine_10f4Posted 1/6/2012 2:06:41 AM

Is anything from the announcement trailer expected to make an appearance in DmC? Specifically Dante being in some horror rehabilitation program and that having  an obvious effect on him. Dante also  seemed alot more angry before compared to how he is now, and perhaps hateful.

Lastly I recall him smoking, which I sort of liked. I assumed it would be symbolic of his change throughout the game, eventually moving past that like John Constantine in the film, Constantine.

#2KyuubiChrisPosted 1/6/2012 6:58:43 AM
I think those were just concepts. -Donte's shoes from the debut trailer are changed from looking similar to DMC4 Dante's boots, to rugged, worn-looking boots.
-Donte's jeans aren't dark blue. They look greenish and dirty.
-Donte had a white patch of hair, now its gone.
-Donte smoked in the debut, we haven't seen him do anything like that since then.
-Donte isn't as angry or violent as we saw in the debut and E3 trailer. (Where he stabbed an enemy trying to get away.)
-Donte looks younger now instead of looking older.

We'd know more about his personality if we were given a damn story trailer. But he seems more cocky and curious about what goes on his his world. He complained when he was dragged into Limbo. If the horror rehabilitation program makes it into the game, I'd assume it'd take place later in the story where his cockiness ends up backfiring and he ends up getting caught. But since they're asking for his name, maybe it'll take place before. Who knows.
#3_Uwye_Posted 1/6/2012 8:34:49 AM
I was thinking about the debut trailer recently and I think that version has been scrapped. Donte has been heavily retouched and the whole grimdark tone is largely gone. Donte fought enemies in dark&gritty environments while now he fights them in a colorful alternate dimension. There's no sign of the asylum and back then there was no hint of other dimensions, and so on. So yeah...

Kind of ironic that they scrapped it considering that they said they worked for a whole year on Dante's redesign alone(?).
#4Knives13Posted 1/6/2012 8:41:23 AM
I hope they keep the whole detention facility bit, I liked that part.

I love the changes they made to the character model, except the boots. But after watching Attack the Block and seeing a guy wearing them, then maybe they're what's "hip" in the British punk scene (?).

I hope we get a story trailer at CES, and a bloody release date, I'm tired of speculation.
#5Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 12:37:26 PM

I liked the rehabilitation scene too. The way I saw it was that at some point  Dante would get captured by the demons and then essentially tortured to try and reprogram him to submit to the demon's control on society. But of course our hero finds a way to break free of the mind control BS... Which could also tie into that other scene in the debut trailer where  he was shown screaming in agony and there being shots of X-Rays of his head... Perhaps having some sort of implant? 

I'm not sure if Limbo and the shifting city was in the original design, I like to think it was. The enemies are still the same.

I don't get the feeling they've scrapped their original  plot, just the atmosphere and character design.

#6SpArDa_GoD07Posted 1/7/2012 5:49:45 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
I liked the rehabilitation scene too. The way I saw it was that at some point Dante would get captured by the demons and then essentially tortured to try and reprogram him to submit to the demon's control on society. But of course our hero finds a way to break free of the mind control BS... Which could also tie into that other scene in the debut trailer where he was shown screaming in agony and there being shots of X-Rays of his head... Perhaps having some sort of implant? I'm not sure if Limbo and the shifting city was in the original design, I like to think it was. The enemies are still the same.I don't get the feeling they've scrapped their original plot, just the atmosphere and character design.

They should of scrapped the whole game and fired NT.
---
Step twice you invite and you welcome death...
#7Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 6:16:57 PM

Please don't turn this topic into another hate thread...

#8Vault_ZeroPosted 1/7/2012 6:41:41 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...

With all due respect, and you may and probably will like the game, but don't you think that there is a reason that almost every topic turns into a hate topic?

Even if you like the new stile, again, that is your good right, I don't think you can deny that this is a betrayal of everything Devil May Cry stands for.

I really like Capcoms logic:

Mega Man Legends 3: A game Mega Man fans wanted, including me, for more then a decade. Full support on forums from fans etc. Capcom says: Cancel.

DmC: A fully hated and loathed game by almost the entire community. Capcom says: Release.

Somehow, this seems flawed. Nothing can save this game at this point, nothing.

But again, like it play it, Capcom should have been smarter and created a new IP.
#9ZeroX91Posted 1/7/2012 7:24:33 PM

Vault_Zero posted...
Famine_10f4 posted...

With all due respect, and you may and probably will like the game, but don't you think that there is a reason that almost every topic turns into a hate topic?

Even if you like the new stile, again, that is your good right, I don't think you can deny that this is a betrayal of everything Devil May Cry stands for.

I really like Capcoms logic:

Mega Man Legends 3: A game Mega Man fans wanted, including me, for more then a decade. Full support on forums from fans etc. Capcom says: Cancel.

DmC: A fully hated and loathed game by almost the entire community. Capcom says: Release.

Somehow, this seems flawed. Nothing can save this game at this point, nothing.

But again, like it play it, Capcom should have been smarter and created a new IP.

Im still convinced the whole megaman thing was just a "**** you" to Infune.

#10RoxasANobodyPosted 1/8/2012 1:18:58 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
I was thinking about the debut trailer recently and I think that version has been scrapped. Donte has been heavily retouched and the whole grimdark tone is largely gone. Donte fought enemies in dark&gritty environments while now he fights them in a colorful alternate dimension. There's no sign of the asylum and back then there was no hint of other dimensions, and so on. So yeah...

Kind of ironic that they scrapped it considering that they said they worked for a whole year on Dante's redesign alone(?).

Not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy1uc_CVjh4

Dante's design was completely changed when fan's gave them BS when they saw this trailer. In all honesty, the DMC fanbase should definitely not direct where this series goes.
---
"I feel so close to you right now; it's a force feel."
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/OKAYSIAN