DmC Confirmed for Q4? Sort of...

#1ejshinPosted 1/12/2012 9:53:50 PM
Scroll down a bit in the article

http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/hi-tech/13357-avatar-crew-on-ninja-theorys-la-video-game-shoot

and you'll see this paragraph

"The new Devil May Cry will come out later this year. The first four games in the series were all produced by Capcom, headquartered in Osaka but globally influential. Ninja Theory has been hired to produce the new game for the global market."

Not official word from Capcom or NT themselves, but it's in print and I found this article straight off the official DmC twitter feed. Man, I wish it would come out at least a year later so they would have more time to fine tune the game.
#2Vault_ZeroPosted 1/12/2012 10:13:18 PM(edited)
It's not going to be on par anyway :), so let's just get it over with me thinks.

Edit: I like how they brag about all the useless things: "We have 60 markers on their faces alone – on their eyes, their eyebrows, their mouths, their noses, their lips and so on."

Where are the 60 FPS that actually matter?

"“We are fortunate to have developed our own facial solver technology in house that allows us to track these movements and map them onto our models. Our technology is unique and something that we’ve been working on for several years, so we are ahead of the market in this regard."

How about creating your own engine instead of using a bad one for your game? In the end, game play matters, not all that fancy crap.

“A hallmark of our games is the story-telling element. We want our users to become engrossed in a story; so we are not simply using the technology for technology’s sake. It really enriches the user experience and they become fully engaged."

No it doesn't.

"Also, the video games sector in Cambridge has grown almost unnoticed."

I wonder why.

"It was formerly known as Just Add Monsters Ltd and is the team behind the ground-breaking Heavenly Sword, critically acclaimed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

How was Heavenly Sword ground breaking? You couldn't even jump.

Thnx for the update. :)
#3Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/12/2012 10:14:01 PM
That means it'd be gold during the summer...

I feel that if they're done with the main game, they have enough time to tweak and fine-tune any questionable mechanics. Especially if they've actually got real action gamers and Capcom helping them out.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#4Vault_ZeroPosted 1/12/2012 10:15:44 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
That means it'd be gold during the summer...

I feel that if they're done with the main game, they have enough time to tweak and fine-tune any questionable mechanics. Especially if they've actually got real action gamers and Capcom helping them out.

Real action gamers will actually kill the game after they found out they can't do all those fancy things.

Being in the studio for 3 to 4 days a month isn't helping out.
#5Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/12/2012 10:17:29 PM
Vault_Zero posted...
Real action gamers will actually kill the game after they found out they can't do all those fancy things.

You just keep going...
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#6Vault_ZeroPosted 1/12/2012 10:33:48 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

You just keep going...

I will, don't worry about that.
#7myghostisdeadPosted 1/13/2012 3:15:54 AM
What action gamers? The expert players that got the invites two months ago have not received a response back from Ninja Theory.

I expect Oct. 15. Ninja Theory seems to like that date.
#8shatterstarPosted 1/13/2012 7:25:54 AM

Vault_Zero posted...
It's not going to be on par anyway :), so let's just get it over with me thinks.

Edit: I like how they brag about all the useless things: "We have 60 markers on their faces alone – on their eyes, their eyebrows, their mouths, their noses, their lips and so on."

Where are the 60 FPS that actually matter?

""We are fortunate to have developed our own facial solver technology in house that allows us to track these movements and map them onto our models. Our technology is unique and something that we've been working on for several years, so we are ahead of the market in this regard."

How about creating your own engine instead of using a bad one for your game? In the end, game play matters, not all that fancy crap.

"A hallmark of our games is the story-telling element. We want our users to become engrossed in a story; so we are not simply using the technology for technology's sake. It really enriches the user experience and they become fully engaged."

No it doesn't.

"Also, the video games sector in Cambridge has grown almost unnoticed."

I wonder why.

"It was formerly known as Just Add Monsters Ltd and is the team behind the ground-breaking Heavenly Sword, critically acclaimed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

How was Heavenly Sword ground breaking? You couldn't even jump.

Thnx for the update. :)

But yet you're in here salivating for it. Give me a break mate because you know you're lovin it.

#9demonfang178Posted 1/13/2012 7:34:23 AM
All this engrossing facial impressions and the like don't amount to a pile of beans if the world they're in is unbelievable and doesn't answer basic questions like Enslaved. Even moreso if they're taking cues from Avatar.
#10shatterstarPosted 1/13/2012 7:51:48 AM

demonfang178 posted...
All this engrossing facial impressions and the like don't amount to a pile of beans if the world they're in is unbelievable and doesn't answer basic questions like Enslaved. Even moreso if they're taking cues from Avatar.

So DMC's world is believable to you and those games explained a lot right?

What didn't you understand about the world of Enslaved? You saw the Statue of Liberty so you know they're in NYC. You saw all the warning signs and posters letting you know that technology destroyed the world and humans went into hiding. Do you want them to spell everything out for you mate.