No Big Boobs on Devil May Cry Reboot

#31PineappleFistPosted 3/25/2012 8:55:00 AM
Lollipop Chainsaw looks so friggin' awesome. Suda has more style, wit, and talent in his pinky than fifty Tam-Tams have

I can't argue with that. Not even a little.
#32shatterstarPosted 3/25/2012 9:19:20 AM
I'll give Suda props for creativity but their games are dated, clunky, and broken and also utilizes old school tank controls. Have you played No more Hero's and Shadows of the Damn mate? All very creative games but the gameplay was dated and the controls were tanked like a mofo! How many times do you have to shoot a red dot on a monster just to watch a cutscene of it urinating in a fountain. Don't get me started on that arcadie 4th level. Why is this sexist topic still around?
#33PineappleFistPosted 3/25/2012 11:16:21 AM
I'll give Suda props for creativity but their games are dated, clunky, and broken and also utilizes old school tank controls. Have you played No more Hero's and Shadows of the Damn mate? All very creative games but the gameplay was dated and the controls were tanked like a mofo! How many times do you have to shoot a red dot on a monster just to watch a cutscene of it urinating in a fountain. Don't get me started on that arcadie 4th level. Why is this sexist topic still around?

I'm more than aware of Grasshopper and how they develop their games. I own every single thing they've ever had localized in the U.S. including Flower Sun and Rain, Contact, and Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. The reason I buy their games is because of the creativity, the style, the characters and to a degree the wonky design aspects. Suda and co. aren't afraid to make a video game, they're not afraid for it to look and feel like a video game either.

Some people might say it's all style over substance, but his game's aren't broken... just weird. Personally, I think it fits perfectly. If No More Heroes was as fluid and as smooth as, say a Kojima game, it just wouldn't feel right. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that it's even intentional at times that they play like they do. You see, Grasshopper, to me, is the closest thing you can get to guerrilla style game design. The way their catalogue plays and controls is almost dirty... it's great.

Since 1998
Grasshopper Manufacture
Punk's Not Dead
#34ZeroX91Posted 3/25/2012 11:56:18 AM
PineappleFist posted...
own every single thing they've ever had localized in the U.S. including Flower Sun and Rain, Contact, and Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked.

I didn't know Flower sun and rain got localized... man now I have another game to add to my backlog.
#35shatterstarPosted 3/25/2012 12:22:40 PM
I don't think it intentional mate. They want people to enjoy their games rather than being frustrated by them. Creativity is one thing but designing your games to feel like you're using the D-pad rather than the anolog sticks on purpose, isn't a smart move since they rate games on game play, control, and responsiveness. No one won't to watch a 1 to 2 minute load screen these days. It's 2012 and not 1998.
#36StrelokPosted 3/25/2012 12:37:48 PM
Ironic considering you're a fan of Ninja Theory who are known for their clunky gameplay...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haruhiism.jpg
#37shatterstarPosted 3/25/2012 1:24:18 PM
#1: They haven't been around as long as Suda #2 Those games were know for their choppy frame rate and a lack of depth in combat design. You learn from your mistakes which they're doing with the locked 30fps and they're learning from the masters of combat designing. Problems corrected but Suda don't seem to learn from their mistakes.

Ninja Theory also owned up and apologized for releasing those games with such a choppy frame rate. Believe it or not, they have love for the fans and the hater'z lol.
#38HellsControllerPosted 3/28/2012 7:23:43 PM
Anyone else really hyped to see this game flop? His interviews just make me want to see it crash more and more.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#39MikeStutterPosted 4/1/2012 2:51:36 PM
West never does have hot women in games anyway, in fact right now I can only think Lara Croft (not the reboot) and that goth chick from Prince of Persia something and no one else.
West doesn't know how to make them.
Although I'm 25 and sometimes only get games if they hot women.
---
"Wouldn't that have the same affect as insulting me in Finnish?"
- Guybrush Threepwood