I was playing psychonauts, and this reminded me of the criticism for this game

#1249_US_dollarsPosted 3/28/2012 6:14:01 PM
(and NG3 too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S8WSY6HQGEM#t=331s

There are undoubtedly some legitimate complaints, but a lot of it is just silly. I mean, making up nicknames because we don't like the new Dante? How old are we?
---
Don't count your chickens until they've hatched
That's chicken humor for "don't be cocky"
#2RichterB17Posted 3/28/2012 7:01:03 PM
But...But... He's Not Dante..... lol
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#3Vergil92Posted 3/28/2012 7:08:34 PM
Obviously you've never given anything a special nickname, or else you wouldn't be criticizing us about it.
---
PSN Account: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
http://www.youtube.com/user/RebelxSweetheart
#4249_US_dollars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 7:57:47 PM

Obviously you've never given anything a special nickname, or else you wouldn't be criticizing us about it.

That doesn't even make any sense. No, I'm pretty sure I've never been so offended by someone's name that I refused to call them by it. But I don't see why having done so would mean I couldn't see how silly that is now. No one's perfect and I'm not saying anyone should be.
---
#5Vergil92Posted 3/28/2012 9:51:31 PM
249_US_dollars posted...
That doesn't even make any sense. No, I'm pretty sure I've never been so offended by someone's name that I refused to call them by it. But I don't see why having done so would mean I couldn't see how silly that is now. No one's perfect and I'm not saying anyone should be.

You really read too much into my smart ass remark.

On a serious note, we just simply don't feel like it is the Dante we know and love, and calling this new character who is SUPPOSED to be Dante who is from we have seen so far is nothing like the old one, by the same name is more of an insult to the character we cherish. THAT is why he is referred to as "Donte" by many people who dislike how the game is shaping up to be.

Really though, why does it bother you so much that others have given a character a nickname? It's not as if you have to refer to him as it as well.
---
PSN Account: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
http://www.youtube.com/user/RebelxSweetheart
#6249_US_dollars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 10:28:42 PM
It's just so petty and ridiculous and it distracts from the more reasonable messages.
---
#7RichterB17Posted 3/28/2012 10:37:19 PM
249_US_dollars posted...
It's just so petty and ridiculous and it distracts from the more reasonable messages.

Well what would you like them to call him?
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#8ChaingunmasterPosted 3/28/2012 11:58:19 PM
I thought DINO was quite clever actually.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#9TheOriginalMaxPosted 3/29/2012 5:12:55 AM
People find it necessary to differentiate between how we knew Dante and the one in DmC. Who are you to say it's ridiculous or petty? It could come from a logical point to begin with and it's also a statement. So what?
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
#10249_US_dollars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 7:12:55 AM

Well what would you like them to call him?

Dante? Everyone seems to be getting stuck on the name thing, which is missing the point. I'm just saying, if there were less knee-jerk reactions, assumptions, hyperbole, etc., and more reasonable comments, it would be a lot easier to take seriously. We could do without all the hostility, too.
---