Bosses.

#1SCEKEVPosted 3/29/2012 5:31:44 AM
Has their been any information on boss variety at all? I remember seeing something in one of the trailers towards the end but has there been any other info on how many bosses or enemy variety we will be up against?

I was playing some Devil May Cry on PS2 recently & remembered how great bosses such as Phanton & Griffon were.

Cheers, =)
---
Delain - Control The Storm <3
#2ABadNuffDudePosted 3/29/2012 5:39:58 AM
Yeah the only boss they've shown so far is the crawlie tumor head guy and he could just be a bigger normal enemy for all we know.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/29/2012 6:01:35 AM
I doubt there will be good bosses. Western devs are generally terrible at boss fights. So all we get is waves and waves of overpowered enemies.
---
ME3's ending explained:
http://i.imgur.com/RsAUv.jpg
#4ABadNuffDudePosted 3/29/2012 6:19:03 AM
I thought CV:Lords of Shadow had some pretty good bosses.
But besides that I agree with you, hell FPSs don't really even have bosses anymore...

Bosses in western games tend to be more on the cinematic set piece event side (boss smashes stuff around the stage opening your path while you fight through more mooks while flipping switches to turn on a grinder to kill it or something).
---
#5GoldsicklePosted 3/29/2012 6:23:28 AM

I doubt there will be good bosses. Western devs are generally terrible at boss fights.

In an interview with NT, they say that the bosses are being developed back in Japan by Capcom.

But I guess it depends if you trust what they say or not at this point.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6ABadNuffDudePosted 3/29/2012 6:30:56 AM
Goldsickle posted...
In an interview with NT, they say that the bosses are being developed back in Japan by Capcom.

Yeah I remember someone saying that but I kinda question exactly how true it is. Like "developed" can mean alot of things, are they just planning the bosses in Japan and then giving those plans to NT? Or are they actually making them? Either way I can see alot of problems with flow and quality differences from this. If they were gonna do this why not make the enemies as well?
---
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 3/29/2012 6:39:05 AM
Goldsickle posted...
I doubt there will be good bosses. Western devs are generally terrible at boss fights.

Capcom published things are not to be trusted. Same goes for EA. Also, developing bosses outside of the core studio is not a good idea. Just take a look at Human Revolution.
---
ME3's ending explained:
http://i.imgur.com/RsAUv.jpg
#8StrelokPosted 3/29/2012 6:48:22 AM
That is the only real complaint most have with HR:
Bosses can't be negotiated with, nor hacked around, nor stuck around.
The one option is to dakka their face in.

A pity.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haruhiism.jpg
#9rice_noodlesPosted 3/29/2012 7:35:38 AM

...that were ripped from from Shadow of Colossus.
#10ABadNuffDudePosted 3/29/2012 7:41:30 AM(edited)
rice_noodles posted...
...that were ripped from from Shadow of Colossus.

Actually I hated the Titan bosses (what there were like 3 of'em in all) I'm talking about all the others that made up the majority of the game.
---