Something interesting I've found regarding Bayonetta and Dante...

#1HarceruPosted 4/1/2012 4:28:48 AM
OriginalA March 18, 2010 at 1:59 am - #71

Okay. How to explain this in the simpliest way so that even you might possibly understand it?

They could keep the rain up within the specific area they were clashing, I’m not denying that, but they could not stop the rain from moving. They are just causing the water that is falling in the area that they are fighting to be bounced back up before it hits the ground. This is a considerable feat that speaks volumes about how many strikes per second each of them are able to preform, but it does not equal a time stop. Neither Dante nor Vergil could stop all of the rain even if they worked together to even attempt it; it would not be possible to them.

With a thought Bayonetta could totally stop every dropplet in the entire sky covering the entire tower. With a thought, she could do what they cannot even if they tried with all their might. Not just keep rain bouncing back up into the air, but completely stop all of it from moving in any direction. WITH. A. THOUGHT.

You don’t understand, and I cannot overstate, how much chrono manipulation alters the direction of a match. It doesn’t matter how fast Dante is (unless he approached lightspeed… which I know that he cannot without Chrono manipulation and he is outclassed in that catagory), the moment that Bayonetta thinks “I don’t want Time to move anymore” Dante cannot do anything until she lets him. That’s it. She has complete control over his ability to move. He has no say in the matter. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that he can do to stop her from thinking and thus stop her from activating a total time stop that trumps every ability he has. None of his speed feats matter because he cannot move because time is stopped. It no longer moves and without the passage of time he can longer move. He cannot take action against her nor can he even defend himself.

This is what happens when you fight someone with high end chrono manipulation powers; the battle starts and ends in the same instant. Litterally no amount of time passes. All of the action takes place within a moment of time that lasts less than a plank time (smallest measurable unit of time). Unless Dante has the ability to dismiss chrono manipulation (he doesn’t) or achieve the same level simultaniously or faster (again he doesn’t), then he dies the moment she chooses to stop time.

In her perspective she will be beating away at a dummy that doesn’t move any direction over the course of around 10 minutes. In his perspective he is getting hit by an incalcuble amount of attacks that each approach the speed of light and have at least kilotons of force behind each hit before you factor in that greater speed over less time means more mass… Litterally hundreds of infinite mass attacks are being launched at him simultantiously from every direction within a fractiion of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a plank time.

No real time passes and Bayonetta has already delivered enough kinetic energy alone (not even mentioning the explosive, electircal, or thermal energy, nor the other attributes of her weapons) to surpass several dozen nuclear bombs. And this all starts with a thought. Dante just does not compete on this level.

Word of God, The Executives in charge of DMC, CAPCOM, the people in charge of DMC CANON. If you want to disregard canon then you are a bigger idiot than I already thought. And it is called Story Arcs; it is a point in the story that the overall story decides to move on from one point to another.

Interestingly his weakest state has most of his impressive feats. So it is rather unnecesary to point that out, as you cannot prove that he can do a more impressive feat that what you have already stated.
---
I am always doing things I can't do. That is how I get to do them.
Official Gengar of the Pokemon Black 2 Version board.
#2Harceru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 4:29:44 AM
OriginalA March 18, 2010 at 2:41 am - #72

Addendum: Dante’s absolute max speed outside of using the Bangle of Time is some fraction of lightspeed. He won’t have the time to use the Bangle as it requires an activation time (time he doesn’t have due to the rate that Bayo can bring about a total time stop). Even his C fractional movement speed has a heavy set of requirments to be accomplished within a short amount of time, and it cannot be held for more than 5 minutes.

Bayonetta can hold her times stop for about 8 minutes and slow that perceived time to alot additinoal time. Realatively speeking 10 minutes of time stop is easily accomplished. Since no time at all moves, her basic walking speed would already be surpassing the speed of light. Her absolute max movement speed would surpass lightspeed by hundreds if not thousands of times over.

Basically:
Dante’s speed = 0.8 C being extremely generous to him.
Bayo’s speed = 1000 C at least.

Do you see the disparity between the two? Do you notice just how much faster Bayonetta is? Additionally since no time is moving at all, and thus nearly everything she does surpasses the speed of light, anything she does will have nearly an infinite amount of mass behind it. These would be attacks the likes of which Dante has never encountered before. So much energy would be behind each attack that his body would be utterly destroyed upon the first impact (although it would remain intact as time must past in order for his body to become destroyed) and she would be delivering attacks of this calibur for nearly ten minutes straight at an attack rate that does in fact rival Dante’s own attack speed in regular time. An incalculable amount of attacks that each have enough power behind them that the amount of energy produced by them would be measured in gigatons at least.
Dante doesn’t have the endurance to whether this kind of punishment nor the speed or abilities to counter the time stop.

He is helpless.

---

Does this mean Bayonetta is stronger than Dante? Or is this person just wrong?
---
#3vhunter14Posted 4/1/2012 5:03:13 AM
so this is just a really long vs topic? 'kay
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#4rice_noodlesPosted 4/1/2012 5:11:16 AM
This is just so sad.
#5StrelokPosted 4/1/2012 5:14:03 AM
Bayo would be stronger.

No, they wouldn't fight, they'd likely get some ham together.
A very large one.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haruhiism.jpg
#6Harceru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 6:04:33 AM
Toiletbrush Tripweed posted...
Bayo would be stronger.

No, they wouldn't fight, they'd likely get some ham together.
A very large one.

I don't think they'd get along. Considering that Dante fights against devils, and Bayonetta works with devils.
---
#7StrelokPosted 4/1/2012 6:12:42 AM
Bayo isn't exactly working with them out of her own free will, she does so to avoid being hunted down by said demons.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#8Harceru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 6:20:16 AM
Toiletbrush Tripweed posted...
Bayo isn't exactly working with them out of her own free will, she does so to avoid being hunted down by said demons.

I see...
---
#9StrelokPosted 4/1/2012 6:40:40 AM
It's rather clear later in the game and let's not forget the Game Over screen if you choose not to continue O_o;;
---
#10rice_noodlesPosted 4/1/2012 6:52:38 AM
I thought this board couldn't get any more terrible with Ether going full crazy, shatter going over drive, and gold sickle posting again.

How wrong I was.