Why outsource DMC to a mediocre dev team.

#1runyonavePosted 4/10/2012 7:31:11 AM
It's makes more sense to give it to Platinum Games. Those guys have shown how they can make innovative and brilliant beat-em-ups/action games. Plus they are in Japan, so is Crapcom. Crapcom won't have to make some lousy bi-weekly visit to see how they are doing, they are in the same country, therefore convenience.

If I was head of Crapcom, I would make that decision. Not hand one of the greatest game series to a lousy dev team, that can't even make a competently fun beat-em-up.

At least Konami made the right decision to give PG MGR. Man, Crapcom really is ****** **** up now.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3 (YES, NG3), Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres.
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 4/10/2012 7:32:49 AM
PG have enough to do at the moment.

Also to be quite fair NT games havn't been aweful, they haven't been AAA imo but definately not bad and from I have seen thus far DmC is looking good.
#3DuuuDe14Posted 4/10/2012 7:36:17 AM
Because Capcom is in the red. Thats why they're outsourcing all their titles and main streaming their franchises in order to maximize profit and minimize costs. Its really biting them in the ass though.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
Dante: http://bit.ly/tN9nkZ VergilxFelicia fan fic coming soon!
#4KindertotenwaldPosted 4/10/2012 7:40:44 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Because Capcom is in the red. Thats why they're outsourcing all their titles and main streaming their franchises in order to maximize profit and minimize costs. Its really biting them in the ass though.

I doubt they care that afew people don't buy 1 game in 1 of their IPs
#5runyonave(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 7:44:27 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...

Also to be quite fair NT games havn't been aweful, they haven't been AAA imo but definately not bad and from I have seen thus far DmC is looking good.

yeah, but the thing is, DMC isn't some daisy-field-hold-my-hand-skip-like-little-girlies easy mode game. DMC is all about combining combos, increasing your style rating and huge replay value. None of their previous games had any of that. HS wasn't so bad, but it didn't have much replay value. Enslaved just all around sucked.

I mean NT are good at story telling, but in the gameplay department, they are horrible. That's what matters in a DMC game, and I feel that they won't be able to provide that type of gameplay.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3 (YES, NG3), Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres.
#6KindertotenwaldPosted 4/10/2012 7:47:08 AM
runyonave posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...

yeah, but the thing is, DMC isn't some daisy-field-hold-my-hand-skip-like-little-girlies easy mode game. DMC is all about combining combos, increasing your style rating and huge replay value. None of their previous games had any of that. HS wasn't so bad, but it didn't have much replay value. Enslaved just all around sucked.

I mean NT are good at story telling, but in the gameplay department, they are horrible. That's what matters in a DMC game, and I feel that they won't be able to provide that type of gameplay.

How do you know the game has none of this?

Tbf the gameplay we have seen has the hud hidden and more than likely on easy :/
#7TheOriginalMaxPosted 4/10/2012 7:48:11 AM
runyonave posted...
It's makes more sense to give it to Platinum Games. Those guys have shown how they can make innovative and brilliant beat-em-ups/action games. Plus they are in Japan, so is Crapcom. Crapcom won't have to make some lousy bi-weekly visit to see how they are doing, they are in the same country, therefore convenience.

If I was head of Crapcom, I would make that decision. Not hand one of the greatest game series to a lousy dev team, that can't even make a competently fun beat-em-up.

At least Konami made the right decision to give PG MGR. Man, Crapcom really is ****** **** up now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc/60194305
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
#8KyryloPosted 4/10/2012 7:54:23 AM

plus, I can't say stories of NT games are THAT great. Naughty Dog doing it far better. but NT. They are not in the same ligeau as Platinum Games

#9ShengaliPosted 4/10/2012 8:30:40 AM

Not defending them in the least, but you asked for reasons:

1) Dumb decision to "westernize" so they desired a western dev team.

2) Platinum is home to the original creator of DMC... They probably won't crawl back to him after what they did.