Subtle changes in gameplay from the old trailers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Subtle changes in gameplay from the old trailers

User Info: DRX777

DRX777
4 years ago#1
Seen a couple complaints about how slow Dante still appears to be moving in the newest trailers. I gotta disagree; the changes in animation are slight, but they make a massive difference to the percieved speed of the game. I needed this pointed out on another board before I noticed it though. :P

The most noticeable difference is the air scythe attack; you fall now, not hang up in the air infinitely. But there's also a huge change to the ground scythe swing; previously it was a, y'know, single fluid sweep. Now there's the start, a dramatic pause, and then the pull.

That actually takes longer to pull off, but you get a much better feel for where Dante is in his animation cycle. That's critical, imo - to know what Dante is doing, and what you as the player are capable of doing to change the situation. I did not get that from the old vids at all, Dante sort of rolled through attacks and animations almost too fluidly.
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X

User Info: rice_noodles

rice_noodles
4 years ago#2
I could be imagining things, but Dante's dodge roll seem to travel less distance now.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Subtle changes in gameplay from the old trailers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived