Would you be impresses with the gameplay if....

#21JPshakePosted 4/13/2012 6:41:18 PM
I'd seriously think it would be DMC, heck i showed my cousin the demo gameplay without him knowing about DmC and his response? " this game reminds me of DMC?"
---
To the people who want to see a sequel to Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud 3. Join the official FB page and lets try to send some petitions!!
#22Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/13/2012 6:44:40 PM
JPshake posted...
I'd seriously think it would be DMC, heck i showed my cousin the demo gameplay without him knowing about DmC and his response? " this game reminds me of DMC?"

And yet there are people that say this is nothing like DMC.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#23sfvfkofPosted 4/14/2012 4:45:23 AM(edited)
PineappleFist posted...
No, for some reason it reminds me of Dante's Inferno.

You're not the first person I've heard say this, and honestly I don't get the comparison. Not to single you out or anything, I just really don't see that at all. Dante's Inferno is a drop dead ringer for God of War. Everything from the combat, to the art design, to the graphical engine, to the puzzle design, to the damn camera angles. Someone has to explain this to me... PLEASE!

Is it because he has a scythe as a weapon? Is that it?

It's been awhile since i played GOW 1 and the demo for Dante's Inferno.... but i recall GOW not really having a decent move list, more of a combo list. And it felt really stiff. Dante's Inferno if i remember had you upgrading moves even in the demo and it felt faster, of course this just my opinion and who knows if GOW reached DI level of speed and move list in later games as I gave up on it after the first one.

Also unlike previous dmc games and bayo, the video of this and my memory of DI there seems to be less worry of accuracy with attacks. (basically swing in the general direction and you'll be fine)

Also the setting while in two completely different time periods both have a more European aesthetic to me.
#24StrelokPosted 4/14/2012 5:18:56 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
Guess that hasn't worked out eh?

Because it portrays itself as a DMC game, no, it doesn't work out.
Are you that witless that you can't even understand that Troll Number 48?
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#25DuuuDe14Posted 4/14/2012 5:23:42 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
JPshake posted...

Because it isnt.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
Dante: http://bit.ly/tN9nkZ Donte must die
#26W3lkinPosted 4/14/2012 7:42:30 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
JPshake posted...

Fairly safe to say that his cousin could check out Ninja Gaiden and say the same thing.

It's not like DMC, deal with it. It may be better or worse, but it's not the same.
#27PineappleFistPosted 4/14/2012 7:49:27 AM
It's been awhile since i played GOW 1 and the demo for Dante's Inferno.... but i recall GOW not really having a decent move list, more of a combo list. And it felt really stiff. Dante's Inferno if i remember had you upgrading moves even in the demo and it felt faster, of course this just my opinion and who knows if GOW reached DI level of speed and move list in later games as I gave up on it after the first one.

Also unlike previous dmc games and bayo, the video of this and my memory of DI there seems to be less worry of accuracy with attacks. (basically swing in the general direction and you'll be fine)

Also the setting while in two completely different time periods both have a more European aesthetic to me.

I see. I've yet to boot it up again like I said I would. I ended up playing FF XIII-2 all day instead. Maybe I should just pop into a couple youtube videos. I think I'm starting to what people are saying though, even if the resemblence is vague (to me.)
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead