Anti-DmC camp: When this game is released will you be here?

#1JPshakePosted 4/13/2012 8:21:57 PM
Im just curious to know if you guy will still be visiting this board once DmC is released. Im going to be picking this game up day one and will most likely create a new youtube account and do a "dante must die"(if the mode is in) walkthrough. Recording my "dante must die without using royal guard" was alot of fun and i look forward to DmC.
---
To the people who want to see a sequel to Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud 3. Join the official FB page and lets try to send some petitions!!
#2DuuuDe14Posted 4/13/2012 8:26:36 PM
Yeah i'll still be here. To everyone who is buying the game i'll say the same i said to the people who bought Operation Raccoon City. Save your receipt!
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
Dante: http://bit.ly/tN9nkZ Donte must die
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 4/13/2012 8:28:12 PM
I'll be here. And I find it hard to believe people actually though Raccooon City was going to be good.
---
My DMC HD Collection review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/646888-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/reviews/review-150289
#4DevilD2005Posted 4/13/2012 8:37:51 PM

it had a good concept. But thats not enough for good reviews.

#5ShadowZero007Posted 4/13/2012 8:44:48 PM
Wait if you're looking forward to it how is this an anti-DmC camp?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#6JPshake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 9:04:36 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...

Was that directed at me? If it was im actually pro-DmC, im just curious to see who's still going to be here. Honestly, it feels like all the bad publicity this game is enduring is actually drawing more people to this game instead of from it. The majority of my friends who are very casual gamers having played DMC never knew of DmC until the ranting and happen to be interested in it. Of course I dont speak for everyone when i say that, it seems that this " capcom boycot" and hate towards NT/Tameem may actually entice more people to buy DmC. The same may happen here on this board.
---
To the people who want to see a sequel to Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud 3. Join the official FB page and lets try to send some petitions!!
#7ShadowZero007Posted 4/13/2012 9:21:06 PM
JPshake posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Was that directed at me? If it was im actually pro-DmC, im just curious to see who's still going to be here. Honestly, it feels like all the bad publicity this game is enduring is actually drawing more people to this game instead of from it. The majority of my friends who are very casual gamers having played DMC never knew of DmC until the ranting and happen to be interested in it. Of course I dont speak for everyone when i say that, it seems that this " capcom boycot" and hate towards NT/Tameem may actually entice more people to buy DmC. The same may happen here on this board.

Oh I see :3

The topic title just made it seem like this was a thread to have a pity party in regards to how bad(based on their assumptions) this game is going to be.

I actually look forward to it too, :) I mean the trailers look decent enough, and if a demo comes out, well it'll basically confirm whether or not I'll be purchasing it.

I hope it does well as much as I don't.
I guess which way I end up shipping depends on the game itself.

I just find it silly to bash something so unabashedly when one hasn't played it.
---
#8StrelokPosted 4/14/2012 2:29:16 AM
^
Thing is that we're afraid this takes over the original DMC franchise. We don't like the changes made to the character or the setting. We don't like the cut in FPS. We don't like how the control scheme seems heavily borrowed from HS. These are common complaints but if you ask Tameem and Alex Jones it's still all about the hair -_-

And yes, I'll likely be here.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#9ShadowZero007Posted 4/14/2012 2:32:01 AM
Strelok posted...
^
Thing is that we're afraid this takes over the original DMC franchise. We don't like the changes made to the character or the setting. We don't like the cut in FPS. We don't like how the control scheme seems heavily borrowed from HS. These are common complaints but if you ask Tameem and Alex Jones it's still all about the hair -_-

And yes, I'll likely be here.

I can understand the apprehension.
However I still feel it deserves a chance.

How do I put this...

If they couldn't break 5 mil with the originals and the entire fanbase (more or less0 happy) they're not gonna do it now.

So why not just enjoy it as an interlude of sorts?
Hell it might even be kind of fun.

I honestly don't think it'll be able to push the numbers they claim to want from this Title.
---
#10TheOriginalMaxPosted 4/14/2012 4:39:47 AM(edited)
I've already promised I'd leave. I might stick around for a few days just to see that there's no BS going on. But then I'll leave.
I'll come back in about ten weeks after release.

ShadowZero007 posted...
If they couldn't break 5 mil with the originals and the entire fanbase (more or less0 happy) they're not gonna do it now.

So why not just enjoy it as an interlude of sorts?
Hell it might even be kind of fun.

It has been heavily implied that if DmC does well enough it will take DMC's place in the franchise.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99