Is anyone here offended by the new captivate trailer that shows Dante...

#1Jynx_1991Posted 4/15/2012 10:38:21 AM

nude? I was just curious is all, mainly after I watched the trailer on youtube at which point I scrolled down to the comments only to see a bunch of guys (and girls?) say that they are freaked out and some even said they would go so far as to boycott the game because he's naked.... Like seriously? I do get that it's the internet and people don't always mean what they say but I'm sure some guys are actually being serious when they say they are offended by the nudity which is just ridiculous considering that barely anyone complained about bayonetta who was VERY sexualized. Double standard much?

What do you guys think? And thanks for your time.

#2Phantom_Opera_GPosted 4/15/2012 10:51:28 AM(edited)
not really offended, just disappointed. You'd seen Tameen boasting how this would be a mature story and so far I haven't seen anything to suggest this. Plus I would also like to pull up this quote from him

"If it is true that the average age of console gamers is 30 years (which I completely), then you can not use these cheap tricks to draw the attention of people to want to buy your game."
http://n4g.com/news/966384/no-big-boobs-on-devil-may-cry-reboot

This was on the fact of there will be no big boobs in DmC and the same can be said for what they shown only with male nudity, simply a cheap trick to draw people's attention to buy the game. Plus the same can be said about boosting about the so called death threats being just a cheap trick to draw more attention to them.

So yea no offence was taken by me, only deep disappointment after the whole maturity boast.

EDIT: Plus I felt the whole over sexualition of Bayo was pretty unnecessary and could have been done without
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#3InnerSolacePosted 4/15/2012 10:49:40 AM
I'm not really bothered by it. I thought the trailer was pretty over-the-top, which is what I like to see in a DMC game. So what if Dante was goin' butt-naked at the start? Not like it's killing anyone. Those are my thoughts on it.

Also, from what I know, a lot of people did complain about Bayonetta being too overly sexualized. At least, I've seen a crapton of comments about the game in that regard.
---
Signature.
#4Jynx_1991(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 10:55:52 AM

Phantom_Opera_G posted...
not really offended, just disappointed. You'd seen Tameen boasting how this would be a mature story and so far I haven't seen anything to suggest this. Plus I would also like to pull up this quote from him

"If it is true that the average age of console gamers is 30 years (which I completely), then you can not use these cheap tricks to draw the attention of people to want to buy your game."
http://n4g.com/news/966384/no-big-boobs-on-devil-may-cry-reboot

This was on the fact of there will be no big boobs in DmC and the same can be said for what they shown only with male nudity, simply a cheap trick to draw people's attention to buy the game. Plus the same can be said about boosting about the so called death threats being just a cheap trick to draw more attention to them.

So yea no offence was taken by me, only deep disappointment after the whole maturity boast.

EDIT: Plus I felt the whole over sexualition of Bayo was pretty unnecessary and could have been done without
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri

*Applauds Phantom_Opera_G*

Finally a guy that isn't thinking with his D.

#5Jynx_1991(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 10:59:37 AM

@Phantom_Opera_G

Although I just have to say that nudity doesn't have to be "immature," in fact it can be done right at times: Heavy rain.

And quite honestly I found it quite refreshing that for once, a guy can be slightly sexualized and kick butt considering what you mostly see is scantly clad girls wearing nothing but a bra and thong while trying to save the world.

#6DuuuDe14Posted 4/15/2012 11:04:54 AM
Jynx_1991 posted...
@Phantom_Opera_GAlthough I just have to say that nudity doesn't have to be "immature," in fact it can be done right at times: Heavy rain.And quite honestly I found it quite refreshing that for once, a guy can be slightly sexualized and kick butt considering what you mostly see is scantly clad girls wearing nothing but a bra and thong while trying to save the world.

It wasnt the fact he was naked. That alone was meh. But the fact that Tam Tam stated he didnt want to be over the top like DMC and Bayo. Also he seemed to bash Bayo alot for that. So it seems very contradictory and hyprocritical.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
Dante: http://bit.ly/tN9nkZ Donte must die
#7Jynx_1991(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 11:13:37 AM

DuuuDe14 posted...
Jynx_1991 posted...
@Phantom_Opera_GAlthough I just have to say that nudity doesn't have to be "immature," in fact it can be done right at times: Heavy rain.And quite honestly I found it quite refreshing that for once, a guy can be slightly sexualized and kick butt considering what you mostly see is scantly clad girls wearing nothing but a bra and thong while trying to save the world.

It wasnt the fact he was naked. That alone was meh. But the fact that Tam Tam stated he didnt want to be over the top like DMC and Bayo. Also he seemed to bash Bayo alot for that. So it seems very contradictory and hyprocritical.
---

I can 100% comprehend why you guys would be offended because it sounds like he is being hypocritical, which I wasn't aware he said that to be honest (I've never played a DMC game before).

But what is kind of annoying is the amount of people going "OMG He's NAKED, I'M GOING TO BOYCOTT THIS GAME!!!!" and then they proceed to call everyone the F word that is actually interested in the game. To those people I say: This game is rated M for mature for a reason.

#8DuuuDe14Posted 4/15/2012 11:15:38 AM
Yeah those people are morons to say the least. I could care less that he was naked it was an over the top scene, something DMC is famous for. Its just the hyprocrites at NT that disgust me. Dont say one thing and do the other. It makes you look pathetic.
---
#9Phantom_Opera_GPosted 4/15/2012 11:32:28 AM
Jynx_1991 posted...

*Applauds Phantom_Opera_G*Finally a guy that isn't thinking with his D.

Thanks man, I just feel when they try and flash the flesh it's like they (game developers) think we are idiots who will buy it purely on sex appeal alone and that was one thing I didn't really like about DMC4 with Trish masquerading as Gloria and at times not required. If I was at the production meetings and some idiot punts the idea "sex sales!" I'd be banging my fist on the table telling him to stop treating the customers like idiots
---
SSFIVAE | Juri
#10ABadNuffDudePosted 4/15/2012 11:40:56 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
I didn't really like about DMC4 with Trish masquerading as Gloria and at times not required.

Being that I'm a huge perverty perv face I never really questioned Gloria's purpose but now that you bring it up did Trish really need to hide herself at all? I mean it didn't really even seem like they knew Dante since if they did wouldn't he be like Jesus to them?

And even if they did say have millions of files on everything Dante has done and everyone he's associated with there's still zero reason for her to turn into Gloria during DMC4 since you know she's finished with her "recon" by then.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.