Rhetorical Question

#1molotov ckoctailPosted 4/21/2012 8:20:10 PM
Why in the world does Capcom keep passing off their franchises to developers? Seems really odd to me that they could come up with great games and popular characters and then hand the reigns over to western developers. Maybe if the games were mind-blowing, I might not have made this post. I would have said, "Good call." But Operation Raccoon City wasn't as awesome as it could have been (capcom's products are usually less glitchy, gameplay more refined) and I fear DmC will fall short of being a next-level Devil May Cry game.

As others have said, if it were called something else, it wouldn't get as much flack. But because a well-known / liked franchise is being usurped for what I assume are economic reasons, Capcom and Tameem are being taken to task.

Capcom, if you think your games are getting stale, work on that **** yourself and maintain quality and continuity. Don't pass it off to another studio who is inevitably going to turn it into their version of whatever the franchise is. Heavenly Sword + Devil May Cry might not be so bad, but call it something else.

Okay, beer time.
---
You offend, yet you say not to be so defensive. This is Indigenous land. YOU get out!
#2BerserkNinjaPosted 4/21/2012 8:35:30 PM
Because according to Keiji Inafune "Japanese gaming industry is over, done, finished."
#3ZeroX91Posted 4/21/2012 9:03:04 PM
molotovckoctail posted...
Why in the world does Capcom keep passing off their franchises to developers? Seems really odd to me that they could come up with great games and popular characters and then hand the reigns over to western developers. Maybe if the games were mind-blowing, I might not have made this post. I would have said, "Good call." But Operation Raccoon City wasn't as awesome as it could have been (capcom's products are usually less glitchy, gameplay more refined) and I fear DmC will fall short of being a next-level Devil May Cry game.

As others have said, if it were called something else, it wouldn't get as much flack. But because a well-known / liked franchise is being usurped for what I assume are economic reasons, Capcom and Tameem are being taken to task.

Capcom, if you think your games are getting stale, work on that **** yourself and maintain quality and continuity. Don't pass it off to another studio who is inevitably going to turn it into their version of whatever the franchise is. Heavenly Sword + Devil May Cry might not be so bad, but call it something else.

Okay, beer time.
---
You offend, yet you say not to be so defensive. This is Indigenous land. YOU get out!

Well almost none of the original talent remains at capcom at this point so outsourcing isn't necessarily bad it's just who they choose to outsource to, I mean look at the mess resident evil has become. BerserkNinja posted...
Because according to Keiji Inafune "Japanese gaming industry is over, done, finished."

You realize he no longer works at capcom he quit about a year or so ago.
#4RichterB17Posted 4/21/2012 9:11:18 PM
Maybe it's cheaper that way. They don't spend much on developer cost and they hire these small time developers to do the work for them.
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#5GoldsicklePosted 4/21/2012 9:48:04 PM
Capcom believes that increasing their production output would increase their profits.

And to do so, they need to outsource left and right.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6Ether101Posted 4/21/2012 11:07:15 PM
BerserkNinja posted...

And Hedio Kojima, Miyamoto and friends. Why try when you can chug out a half finished game and let your trolls do your work for you?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#7DevilD2005Posted 4/21/2012 11:57:22 PM

Capcom has become the Japanese equivalent to EA.

#8MyMentorSnakePosted 4/22/2012 8:15:08 AM
Ether101 | Posted 4/22/2012 2:07:15 AM | message detail | quote BerserkNinja posted...

And Hedio Kojima, Miyamoto and friends. Why try when you can chug out a half finished game and let your trolls do your work for you?

Um we address him as HIDEO Ko-fucxxxx-jima and yes he is God :)
---
Jin Kazama is so money.....
The Official Tomahawk of the AC:lll Boards
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 4/22/2012 8:26:21 AM
MyMentorSnake posted...
Ether101 | Posted 4/22/2012 2:07:15 AM | message detail | quote BerserkNinja posted...

Um we address him as HIDEO Ko-fucxxxx-jima and yes he is God :)

I didn't understand what Ether meant. Did he/she insult Kojima and Miyamoto?
---
My DMC HD Collection review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/646888-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/reviews/review-150289
#10MyMentorSnakePosted 4/22/2012 8:34:19 AM
I think he talking bout Hideo spinoff metal gear rising being handed of to other developer's so that someone can achieve a better sword slashing system and add stealth in the mix. No insult just sarcasm i think.
---
Jin Kazama is so money.....
The Official Tomahawk of the AC:lll Boards