#1smithkakarotPosted 4/22/2012 6:42:10 PM
Old: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrecisionFStrike

New: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClusterFBomb

Got it memorized?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#2AkuScornPosted 4/22/2012 6:59:30 PM

Yes I do have it memorized! 

Now I can laugh about it even more about how NT wants to treat us like adults...  

#3DarkSymbiotePosted 4/22/2012 9:38:47 PM
Really? I've never heard Dante say the f word in the past four games. But yes, I never understood how some writers believe everyone in real life curse all day.

AkuScorn posted...
Yes I do have it memorized! Now I can laugh about it even more about how NT wants to treat us like adults...

I also find it stupid that some people think that cussing is mature somehow.
---
My DMC HD Collection review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/646888-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/reviews/review-150289
#4smithkakarot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 10:07:57 PM
It isn't, it's just inappropriate. And "Precision F Strike" and "Cluster F Bomb" don't necessarily refer exclusively to the character saying the F-word...
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#5Vergil92Posted 4/22/2012 11:25:15 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Really? I've never heard Dante say the f word in the past four games. But yes, I never understood how some writers believe everyone in real life curse all day.

Dunno if it counts, but in the anime Dante cursed a LOT, which by the way I actually found quite awesome because he did it in such a cocky manner lol

It depends on the matter it's used really for me. I'm probably one of the few who actually didn't hate the cursing the Captivate trailer had in it, I just disliked how out of place said cursing felt.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#6AkuScornPosted 4/23/2012 12:17:44 AM

If you read the description of both of them, it's just for general curse words. However percison is the use of cursing to add weight to a sentence. Cluster is an attempt to be 'more realistic or gritty' by dropping a bunch of curse words (of in the case od DmC, flicking off cameras and whatnot). 

Due to the usage of what the DmC trailers have showed us (By the way, the story/levels are complete), it seems the game will try to seem more mature and realistic by trying to curse a lot, therefore cluster F-Bomb.

Hopefully the team seriously didn't believe if they threw a bunch of curse words at us, that we would feel there game is more adult and cool like.  

#7ShadowZero007Posted 4/23/2012 12:28:45 AM
AkuScorn posted...
If you read the description of both of them, it's just for general curse words. However percison is the use of cursing to add weight to a sentence. Cluster is an attempt to be 'more realistic or gritty' by dropping a bunch of curse words (of in the case od DmC, flicking off cameras and whatnot). Due to the usage of what the DmC trailers have showed us (By the way, the story/levels are complete), it seems the game will try to seem more mature and realistic by trying to curse a lot, therefore cluster F-Bomb. Hopefully the team seriously didn't believe if they threw a bunch of curse words at us, that we would feel there game is more adult and cool like.

I'm sorry, am i the only one who didn't hear "copious" amounts of cursing in the trailer?

I mean he said a single swear in Captivate to my recollection.

Whats the hooplah over?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#8AkuScornPosted 4/23/2012 1:42:58 AM

It's just not one trailer you have to think about. Think about the other trailers as well. And not only him, but just different elements in the story if you wish.

I watched In Limbo, Dante, run! because it's without the talking, and Getted Dressed on the Way to Hell.

Kat seems like she curses once under her breath, and you can hear her clearly curse in the In Limbo Gamplay. 

In Dante Run, he does only curse once. But before it was the city (the walls say F you to him) and him. Now it's only him.

Getting Dressed on the Way to Hell, the demon curses once, and Dante curses once again (I will not include him flipping off)

You got two times for Getting Dressed on the Way to Hell. 

And since In Limbo and Dante Run! are one level, in total of that small chunk, you got a total of at least 3 times a curse world is dropped.  

#9AkuScornPosted 4/23/2012 1:52:05 AM

To add to that, all the curse words seem like they're just there and somewhat out of place. Only one time does it make sense, and that would be the part where Dante goes "What the Hell?"

The other times it wasn't really needed. Like Kat cursing twice when she says under her breath something along the lines of "Don't do often s***" (Which makes no sense but I still can't find out what she's saying), and again when she says "S***, I'm not safe here".  

In the trailer where he's naked, the demon goes "Just like your w**** of a mother!" which of course leads to Dante's backfire of "Because if you're calling me a son of a b**** it wouldn't be the first time!"

So really, some of the cursing just seems childish, that's all.  

#10KyryloPosted 4/23/2012 2:07:25 AM

Being an angsty jerk is now equals cool. Tameem says.