How to do Stinger/Million Stab?

#1Phantom_Opera_GPosted 4/29/2012 5:45:24 AM
This thought came to me on how the Stinger move could be preformed

As there is no lock on button I figured it might be an automatic move, like he would automatically lock to an enemy and you press to attack and he would do it but then I thought this would be more likely, you'd use the angel trigger and the launcher button the nearest enemy who's abit away from you and he would do it automatically.

Do you think this sounds about right? I'm sure Shatter will be here soon to confirm this to be true or false as he seems to know so much about the game and before he begins to claim I am bashing I am not, I am merely speculating how they could work it as there is no lock on button to do such moves like Stinger or a launcher which require directional button inputs with attack buttons and as there is no lock on this seems to be the only other way I could see it being done.
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#2PineappleFistPosted 4/29/2012 5:50:42 AM
What button is the angel form again? Is it the left trigger or L2? Regardless of that, I suppose what you're saying makes sense. Actually, I never really considered how Stinger would be activated without a lock-on feature. But I see what you're saying. If High Time (normally activated with back and attack) is just B or circle... then Stinger could be Angel and launch. Makes sense now that I think about it.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#3Phantom_Opera_G(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 6:27:49 AM(edited)
well if I remember rightly shoulder buttons were angel and demon moves and you have your own set launcher button like Marvel 3, the only problem I see is how will you know which enemy you're going to charge at and how likely are you going to hit the one you actually want to hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2e_4LcfUu0&t=0m57s

I know Bayo wasn't lock on heavy but you still had so you could moves like stringers and launchers and attack the enemy you want to attack so I believe it would be better to bring it back so such occurrences and invitational frustration of the game not aiming for who you are trying to hit can be avoided
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#4Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/29/2012 6:27:53 AM
I believe angel and b/o is Prop. Dont quote me on that though. Stinger is probably done similar to Bayo.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#5Phantom_Opera_G(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 6:30:21 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
I believe angel and b/o is Prop. Dont quote me on that though. Stinger is probably done similar to Bayo.

was there a way to do a Stringer without locking on in Bayo? I wasn't aware that you could as I always just did it R1+forward+attack so if it was possible I'd like to know, always happy to learn new tech :)
---
SSFIVAE | Juri
#6shatterstarPosted 4/29/2012 7:27:11 AM
We're back on the lock-on thing again. The camera system is a free form system in which the player controls. Dante will auto locks on to whatever enemy you point him and the camera towards.

The combat system is a three dimensional air based combat system with two forms of grappling abilities. A manual lock-on feature is not needed for this installment.
#7PineappleFistPosted 4/29/2012 7:32:34 AM
We're back on the lock-on thing again. The camera system is a free form system in which the player controls. Dante will auto locks on to whatever enemy you point him and the camera towards.

The combat system is a three dimensional air based combat system with two forms of grappling abilities. A manual lock-on feature is not needed for this installment.

So, now we can't speculate on how classic Devil May Cry attacks will be executed using the new control scheme? This topic has yet to deviate into argument and everyone is being very cordial here. We know the camera is player controlled, we know there's an auto lock-on. What we're discussing is how things we used to do will be performed now that things have changed. That's all.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#8shatterstarPosted 4/29/2012 7:52:39 AM
No. By all means speculate. That just shows me that you're interested instead of pretending not to be.
#9Phantom_Opera_G(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 8:08:13 AM(edited)
yea yea Shatter keep thinking you know everything about everyone when really you know nothing but I'll offer you a chance of redemption and an opportunity to join in: how do you think it will work as you seem to know everything about this game and please give an answer in the form of a polite answer that doesn't attack anyone or claim they want - no they NEED to play this game because you are not a psychic. So please leave your answer here bearing in mind the stipulations stated above and if you can't do that then hit the road.
---
SSFIVAE | Juri
#10FillmyDarksoulPosted 4/29/2012 8:07:03 AM

@shatterstar

Yup... three people speculation means that the tide is turning.  Yup, couldn't possibly be that these guys were already interested.