Semi Board FAQ, read before posting. Seriously.

#1StrelokPosted 4/30/2012 5:42:24 AM
Now, as most of you people know, there are a lot of issues surrounding this game, especially with the old DMC fanbase.
For almost more than a year now are the fanbase pretty much forced to keep repeating arguments over and over again, because some new person thinks he can "win the fight and convert everyone" or the likes (As, honestly, that is how most people using these arguments look).

These issues have been addressed for hundreds of times and frankly, the fanbase gets tired of having to debunk it consistently. Maybe this topic, will severely cut down on these arguments.
Thanks to TOM for helping me find some of these. If anyone has another, please put them in here and I'll update the list in a revision.

1) "It's about the hair!"
Not true. The hair is a very minor point. It was even a small point during the original reveal where people were more upset with the cigarette-to-the-face, the radical overhaul of the character entirely and the fact that he smoked. The hair was merely a part of one of these three points.
And if someone does hate it for the hair, so what? Why do YOU like it exactly? "But hating it for X reason is superficial!" And what's stopping us from using this argument right back at you? The hair is a big part of Dante. It's in his image. You don't see Batman changing his suit for a red one in the main entries, now do you? (Aside one really bad Silver Age incarnation, and seriously, that is the Silver Age, which pretty much doesn't make sense to begin with. I blame drugs) White hair also signifies demonic powers in Asian cultures, which DMC originally came from.

2) "You hate change!"
Some might. But generalising that statement makes you no better than a racist. So you should tread carefully ;)
Tell me then, please: Why is DMC3 the most highly revered DMC game out there? Why is Bayonetta so revered?
Furthermore, not all change is good. A fine example would be Uwe Bolls movies which change a lot from the source material.
And changing Dante from half human/half demon to half angel/half demon with a human form is downright stupid.

3) "I like that time machine you have to make up your mind!"
We'd like that time machine you have to be so sure of buying this game! It goes without saying that people are judging what they see SO FAR.
First Impressions are everything when making a trailer and so far, they only managed to disappoint, or worse, offend.

4) "This/Something is just blind hatred!"
It must be nice to be able to rely on such a completely arbitrary and inaccurate statement. What do you base this on? If people hate this game, and everything they do due to their predetermined stance, how do you know it's unwarranted hatred? There's a multitude of reasons, motivations, for people to keep on hating this game. Maybe it's idealistic to show Capcom the error in their ways? Maybe it's keeping your best interests and not wasting money on this game if the person sees it as being subpar to the DMC franchise.

5) "You hate Ninja Theory!"
Most of us don't hate Ninja Theory. Some of us even LIKE them (I can't phantom why personally, but no accounting for taste). However, to deny that their games broke even at best is ignorant. To deny that their games severely lacked in the gameplay department is equally ignorant considering HS outright lacked a jump button (And had severe controlling issues and input lag) and Enslaved was handholding you all the way to the end on the platforming sections with combat that'd make God of War look deep and engaging. We don't trust them to make a qualitative competitive DMC game.

More in the second post.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#2Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:42:40 AM
6) "You secretly like it and that is why you spend so much time here!"
No. We are here because of several reasons, like interest to see how it goes considering the fate of the entire franchise might depend on this game. Another reason would be to warn/tell others of Capcoms malpractices and PR flops. Others want to tell people that purchasing this game could mean the demise of a well-loved franchise. (Not accounting for the odd anti-camp troll in these parts)

7) "You do this because you have a mancrush on Dante and I hope *offensive material* "
Be careful, someone got put in purgatory barely 2 weeks ago for doing exactly that. Mind your manners.

8) "Stop bashing this game and the pro game people like Shatterstar!"
We won't stop bashing until they release something that looks like it's worthy to carry the DMC name.
As for bashing people: We only bash those that show no respect themselves. People like Eshjin and PineAppleFist have shown themselves to be "pro", but are civil and understand our concerns. They don't degrade to offensive statements or insulting the old franchise. In return, they are treated with respect themselves. Be nice and the "anti" group will be nice back.
And Shatterstar is a troll. He clearly has no idea what he talks about, like blaming the failure of Enslaved on it being a new ip. So far he has yet to respond to a large list of games that came out in the past 10 years that were highly successful, despite being an entirely new ip themselves, from Mass Effect to Uncharted

9) "It looks a lot better and more gritty and realistic than DMC 1-4 which had a lot of anime flair"
To you maybe. Thing was just that being made in Japan, by Japanese people, DMC was very Japanese in style. This happens to include a "bishjonen" character and an anime style in the designs of enemies, weapons and characters. It's another reason on top of a lot of reasons why they were better off making this a different ip altogether.

10) "If the game was named differently you would love it!"
Probably for some of us, yes. However, as it stands, it has a large chance of utterly destroying a franchise we love and care about and have been with since release (for most of us). Were it not tied to the main series, hell if the main character had a different name and not be tied to the DMC Dante, we would care a lot less about it.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 4/30/2012 6:08:31 AM
The problem with this board is that most would rather take part in the hate topics than some of the other ones that discusses the franchise or whatever.

For number 5 it's "fathom" not "phantom" you silly.

For number 7 that person already got banned.

Also, Capcom and NT's being very offensive. There is a scene somewhere in the game where DINO insults a white wig. Tameem feels adding more bad words will make it more mature. The first boss curses a lot.
---
My DMC HD Collection review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/646888-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/reviews/review-150289
#4Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:12:03 AM
Oops, a typo. How did that slip in here.
And indeed, but that is more our issues, not debunking comments that are used so often you tend to want to insult the person responsible for using those "arguments" yet *AGAIN*.
---
#5HyperProtomanXPosted 4/30/2012 6:21:37 AM
Looks great, it just could use a few more reasons for why antis consider this game inferior, such as the engine, casual gameplay and characterization being not only very different, but also unlikeable.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#6DuuuDe14Posted 4/30/2012 6:25:02 AM
*waits for blind defenders*

Ugh this is like Civil War i swear. We're the North they're the South.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
Dante: http://bit.ly/tN9nkZ Silly Tameem, DMCs are for Kamiya.- Solid_Belmont
#7HyperProtomanXPosted 4/30/2012 6:34:51 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...

So who's Lincoln?
---
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 4/30/2012 6:36:42 AM
HyperProtomanX posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

So who's Lincoln?

Whichever of us has a neckbeard.
---
My DMC HD Collection review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/646888-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/reviews/review-150289
#9HyperProtomanXPosted 4/30/2012 6:39:58 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Whichever of us has a neckbeard.

I've got a goatee and a moustache.
---
#10Ether101Posted 4/30/2012 6:43:59 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...

Its nothing like the Civil War as the South actually had some good reasons for fighting that came along with the bad.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.