People who say that they're going to give this a chance dont realize something

#1AlwaysFidelisPosted 6/21/2012 6:16:09 AM
If this game does well, then that's the end of normal Dante.

If a company has a new take on something and it is very well received, do you think they're just going to go back to the old one?

No, any company with half a brain is going to keep churning out what people have been proved to like.

That's why I want this game to fail. Not out of hatred, and not because I'm being "whiny", but because I know that Capcom is a business, a calculating company based on sales and profit.

They don't care about the little percentage of us who've stuck with Devil may Cry from the beginning and have had Dmc as a grand part of our life. They care about what a business is supposed to care about: Making money. There are companies that DO care about their fans and profit equally but as of late, Capcom has proven that they are way on the profit side

So it always makes me dissapointed in people when they say things like "HOW COULD THEY CANCEL MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3?!? SO MANY OF US OLD FANS WHO'VE BEEN WITH CAPCOM FOREVER WANTED IT!!"

Yeah well a majority of the gamer market doesn't even know what Megaman Legends is. You think that's ridiculous, but they don't. Many many more people game now than previously. There is a console in almost every home and almost every male under 20 has played Halo and/or Call of Duty Black ops and eagerly await the next generic shooter or grand theft auto. How many of those people would care about MML? Ask random guys in your school or university or work place. I can bet they've all played video games but barely any of them would even know of MML.

Devil May Cry sales never really topped 1.5 mil. So if this game sells 2 mil copies then old Dante lovers are just screwed
---
PSN: OnionDung
"Haters gonna make some good points"
#2Vault_ZeroPosted 6/21/2012 6:26:07 AM
AlwaysFidelis posted...

If a company has a new take on something and it is very well received, do you think they're just going to go back to the old one?

No, any company with half a brain is going to keep churning out what people have been proved to like.

That's why I want this game to fail. Not out of hatred, and not because I'm being "whiny", but because I know that Capcom is a business, a calculating company based on sales and profit.

They don't care about the little percentage of us who've stuck with Devil may Cry from the beginning and have had Dmc as a grand part of our life. They care about what a business is supposed to care about: Making money. There are companies that DO care about their fans and profit equally but as of late, Capcom has proven that they are way on the profit side

So it always makes me dissapointed in people when they say things like "HOW COULD THEY CANCEL MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3?!? SO MANY OF US OLD FANS WHO'VE BEEN WITH CAPCOM FOREVER WANTED IT!!"

Yeah well a majority of the gamer market doesn't even know what Megaman Legends is. You think that's ridiculous, but they don't. Many many more people game now than previously. There is a console in almost every home and almost every male under 20 has played Halo and/or Call of Duty Black ops and eagerly await the next generic shooter or grand theft auto. How many of those people would care about MML? Ask random guys in your school or university or work place. I can bet they've all played video games but barely any of them would even know of MML.

Devil May Cry sales never really topped 1.5 mil. So if this game sells 2 mil copies then old Dante lovers are just screwed

Actually, DMC 4 sold 2,8 Million. The reboot never made any sense and never will make any sense.

Capcom will go out of business and we can only hope that the IP goes to Platinum.
---
It's just a fact that the Mods here are as useless as men's nipples. -fifinambo-
#3AlwaysFidelis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 6:27:42 AM
I'm gonna be clear though and say I actually think the Dante in this game is kind of cool but I'm just not supporting it because I love the older one more.

I just wish it was a new Ip like it should have been instead of a new take.

I wonder if this is how metroid fans felt when another M came out or how Castlevania fans felt when Lords of Shadow came out
---
#4AlwaysFidelis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 6:28:37 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
AlwaysFidelis posted...

Actually, DMC 4 sold 2,8 Million. The reboot never made any sense and never will make any sense.

Capcom will go out of business and we can only hope that the IP goes to Platinum.

Man if DMC went to platinum I could die happy. That would be the b est thing gaming related to ever happen
---
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 6/21/2012 7:43:20 AM(edited)
AlwaysFidelis posted...
There is a console in almost every home and almost every male under 20 has played Halo and/or Call of Duty Black op...

That is just so wrong. Seriously, extremely wrong. 20% of one country doesn't = Almost every.

But I do agree with you about the other parts.

And I really don't want DMC with Platinum long as they don't get a good writer and chracter designer.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#6Vault_ZeroPosted 6/21/2012 8:12:31 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
AlwaysFidelis posted...
There is a console in almost every home and almost every male under 20 has played Halo and/or Call of Duty Black op...

That is just so wrong. Seriously, extremely wrong. 20% of one country doesn't = Almost every.

And I really don't want DMC with Platinum long as they don't get a good writer and chracter designer.

So are you saying it is better in the hands of Ninja Theory? At least Platinum makes solid game play.

No offence btw, just a question!
---
It's just a fact that the Mods here are as useless as men's nipples. -fifinambo-
#7gtomangaPosted 6/21/2012 8:33:42 AM
AlwaysFidelis posted...

thats becase the media TV+ign+gamespot+michinima+G4 push COD like its the best thing in the world theyr doing it in every commerciels even the cinma have it
and the reviewers allways gives it 9/10 or perfect score (even tho its the same game just with few changes)

i was fine with mml cancelation took me 2days to calm down the problim was with crapcom UK statments about not meeting expectation and wanting us to make the game for them(even tho they are stincken rich from call of evil 5)
stuped compenys like $E starting to make there FF games into a genaric action
games insted of fun

and 108K isnt a few numper(incase your a shallow greedy compeny like EA then it dosint matter if i didnt buy your games and i wold love hitting you where it hurts most your wallet)
https://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon/likes
---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlancer,sonic,spider-man,batman,sly cooper FAN
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 6/21/2012 8:47:03 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
AlwaysFidelis posted...

So are you saying it is better in the hands of Ninja Theory? At least Platinum makes solid game play.

No offence btw, just a question!

I'm not saying that. Kamiya and Platinum can handle the bulk of the game but the story needs to be done by someone capable. Bayonetta's characters were cringe worthy.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#9SAGE_HANPosted 6/21/2012 9:09:40 AM
Another I want old dante with white hair topic.

I give you credit though for masking it well.
---
WISH I COULD BREATH IN SPACE
PSN: YOUNGSAGE00
#10shatterstarPosted 6/21/2012 9:11:42 AM
It could be the end for DMC either way.

If the game doesn't do well, we probably won't see a DMC game for quite awhile. Capcom might just focus on their more successful IP's in the future or work towards creating new ones. It won't be the first IP that Capcom has turned their backs on. Mega Man Legends anyone.

If DmC does well, Capcom will release a DMC game every 2 years like they've said. It all depends on us. Either DmC becomes a huge success and we get an improved (60fps) DmC game every 2 years by Ninja Theory (which by the way are large enough to work on 2 IP's at once) or wait for years until they decide to make another DMC game.

By that time, the Hardcore Gamers that were fans of the franchise since it's conception back in 2001 will probably be in their late 30's, early 40's.

I don't know about you lots but when I'm in my 30's and 40's, I could give damn about this franchise or any other videogame franchise.