People who say that they're going to give this a chance dont realize something

#71Ether101Posted 6/23/2012 11:31:21 AM
shatterstar posted...
I doubt that very seriously.

He had a patch of white hair in the first trailer. After that, it went to straight black and completely white only in DT mode.

That's because the fans pointed out that it made no sense. Dante has naturally white hair since the day he was born and he wouldn't dye it because he's not being hunted by his appearance. It was things like that being brought up that caused Tameem, Alex and Sven to start insulting people for daring to know something about the series and ultamitly forced this thing into being an "AU".
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#72shatterstarPosted 6/23/2012 12:47:49 PM
If that's the case, why would they turn his hair straight black. Why would they make him half angel instead of human. How come Dante doesn't know his mother?

I'll tell you why. It's not completely canon to the Dante from DMC. So fan rants didn't do jack! Tameem said "This is their plan for the franchise and they're sticking to it!" Didn't you get the memo.

It came out about a year ago. So forget what you read from a crappy DMC novel or seen in a horrible anime. I only pick those 2 things because the plots in the videogames never elaborated past the bad demon of the week that's opening another crappy portal to the human world.
#73Ether101Posted 6/23/2012 1:15:10 PM
shatterstar posted...
If that's the case, why would they turn his hair straight black. Why would they make him half angel instead of human. How come Dante doesn't know his mother?

I'll tell you why. It's not completely canon to the Dante from DMC. So fan rants didn't do jack! Tameem said "This is their plan for the franchise and they're sticking to it!" Didn't you get the memo.

It came out about a year ago. So forget what you read from a crappy DMC novel or seen in a horrible anime. I only pick those 2 things because the plots in the videogames never elaborated past the bad demon of the week that's opening another crappy portal to the human world.

Everything that Capcom and Ninja Theory put out supports my view point that they were forced into changing their plans. Alex Jones and others made it very clear that the game was originally a prequel as they kept saying that in hopes that backlash would die down and they could do whatever they wanted. But when it became clear that wasn't the case they changed their tune very quickly. All of the changes to the canon come form the fact that Ninja Theory knows nothing about the series at all.

Next time, why don't you use logic instead of randomly throwing sentences around.
---
#74shatterstarPosted 6/23/2012 7:31:27 PM
Next tine, why don't you use logic instead of randomly assuming things.
#75ZeroX91Posted 6/23/2012 7:37:36 PM
shatterstar posted...

Ironic
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman
#76Dark_EpathyPosted 6/23/2012 7:44:42 PM
It always looked like and seemed like a reboot to me. I think what they meant by a "prequel" was that it was a rebooted origin story, or something like that. They couldn't change all that and still say it's a straight prequel to the rest of the series.

Besides, we already got a prequel in DMC3. : P
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#77Ether101Posted 6/23/2012 11:15:46 PM
shatterstar posted...

I am using logic, there is a reason why the game keeps getting retooled and the development keeps being stretched out despite what we hear.
---
#78DevilD2005Posted 6/23/2012 11:23:11 PM
I never thought of this as a prequal. Maybe NT was hired unde the basis of prequal, but watching the original first trailer made it seem like a westernized DMC, not a prequal.
#79Ether101Posted 6/24/2012 12:25:11 AM
DevilD2005 posted...
I never thought of this as a prequal. Maybe NT was hired unde the basis of prequal, but watching the original first trailer made it seem like a westernized DMC, not a prequal.

It never felt westernized just plan butchery. The main thing is that its clear that the people in charge of this project are so arrogant as to what DMC is that they could have easily screwed the canon up that badly.
---
#80Phantom_Opera_GPosted 6/24/2012 5:11:15 AM
shatterstar posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri