Rate each incarnation of Dante.. DMC 1,2,3 & 4

#1Hunter1534Posted 6/22/2012 3:43:18 PM
Like my last topic, state the reasons why you like or dislike him.
---
Half of me wants to see the world burn, the other half wants peace...I'm screwed up.
#2ZeroX91Posted 6/22/2012 3:59:40 PM
DMC 1: 10/10
Best version of Dante, cheesy but not annoying, will take things seriously if the situation calls for it.

DMC 2: 4/10
Nice character design but someone shoved a stick up his ass .

DMC 3: 6/10
Has the most development, but is an annoying god mode teen.

DMC 4: 7/10
Personally I enjoy the fact that for most of the game he was just trolling Nero, and "Spanish Dante" was funnier than most of DMC 3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman
#3ShadowZero007Posted 6/22/2012 4:27:20 PM
DMC1: Like a boss. 9/10. His only flaw is lack of depth.

DMC2: Ehh You know, he was still pretty cool. Just traded in his cocky attitude for a more snarky one. 7/10

DMC3: WOOOHOOOHOOOHOOO 6/10

DMC4: Meh; 5/10 considering it was just a rehash of his personality in 3. Only you know he looks like he's in his late 30's. (Which isn't inherently bad; what bugs me is that one could assume DMC3 Dante matured into DMC1 Dante, but than DMC4 Dante kinda steps in the face of that)
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4SirenaLoreleyPosted 6/22/2012 4:38:17 PM
DMC1: 9/10
Good and interesting character design. Playful attitude with a somewhat dark edge. Good gameplay.

DMC2: 5/10
Loved the design. The gameplay and his attitude were 'meh'... (and I want his coin).

DMC3: 10/10
Awesome Dante, especially gameplay-wise. He acted quite dorky sometimes, though... but it was cool. I give him the 10 because this game was my first DMC game and my favorite.

DMC4: 9/10
Loved the design, the gameplay was great, I liked his playful attitude. If only he had more gameplay time...
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#5roxas9001Posted 6/22/2012 7:38:38 PM
DMC1- My favorite Dante 10
DMC2- I probably won't finish the game but he has my favorite design. 7
DMC3- Don't care 3
DMC4- Cannot stand -1
---
Favorite FF Chicks: Beatrix>Fang>Lightning>Celes>Garnet
Favorite FF Dudes: Squall>Zidane>Vivi>Noel>Locke
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 6/22/2012 8:36:51 PM
DMC1: 7/10

There is not much to say about him. He's okay.

DMC2: 3/10

Boring.

DMC3: 8/10

Should have just killed Lady faster.

DMC4: 9/10

Almost perfect except that Capcom forgot to place him in the lead.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#7Dark_EpathyPosted 6/22/2012 8:38:28 PM
DMC1:7/10

A solid character, but not very developed. Like I said in another topic, he's almost like a prototype, half-finished. Still, he's admirable. One of the more heroic portrayals of his character.

DMC2: 6/10

I actually liked this portrayal, and, while I don't think it's better than DMC1's portrayal, it's not as bad as it's made out to be. The Dante here has lost none of his wit; he just doesn't have anyone to play off. None of the bosses have the personality of Phantom or Griffon, so there's nothing to play with. Still, his interactions with Arius and Lucia reveal the spark's still there, and his dive into Hell to stop Argosax is great. Despite his downplayed style, Dante is still a likeable hero here.

The amount of portrayal Dante gets here solidifies it for me. At first, he's a cocky kid with no real reason to live. He's just fighting for the sake of it, blowing his steam, letting it loose because he's angry and aimless. And this gets him far, but not far enough. He loses to Vergil. But then he comes back, wiser, stronger, determined--his interactions with Lady drive him to develop and realize a sense of justice, something Sparda had and Vergil does not. At the game's end, he is a full character.

DMC4: 8/10

I'll rate this one about the same as that of DMC3, because this portrayal isn't very different. Dante's reached his developmental peak, and it shows with this game. Nothing challenges him. He has no personal stake in the conflict, save for Yamato. But he still has moments where you can see what he's learned. He still fights against the wicked; he still saves Nero and gives him a reason to go on. It's a solid portrayal that just doesn't do much but show us Dante through a third-person perspective--which is effective.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#8Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 9:18:45 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
DMC1:7/10

A solid character, but not very developed. Like I said in another topic, he's almost like a prototype, half-finished. Still, he's admirable. One of the more heroic portrayals of his character.

DMC2: 6/10

I actually liked this portrayal, and, while I don't think it's better than DMC1's portrayal, it's not as bad as it's made out to be. The Dante here has lost none of his wit; he just doesn't have anyone to play off. None of the bosses have the personality of Phantom or Griffon, so there's nothing to play with. Still, his interactions with Arius and Lucia reveal the spark's still there, and his dive into Hell to stop Argosax is great. Despite his downplayed style, Dante is still a likeable hero here.

The amount of portrayal Dante gets here solidifies it for me. At first, he's a cocky kid with no real reason to live. He's just fighting for the sake of it, blowing his steam, letting it loose because he's angry and aimless. And this gets him far, but not far enough. He loses to Vergil. But then he comes back, wiser, stronger, determined--his interactions with Lady drive him to develop and realize a sense of justice, something Sparda had and Vergil does not. At the game's end, he is a full character.

DMC4: 8/10

I'll rate this one about the same as that of DMC3, because this portrayal isn't very different. Dante's reached his developmental peak, and it shows with this game. Nothing challenges him. He has no personal stake in the conflict, save for Yamato. But he still has moments where you can see what he's learned. He still fights against the wicked; he still saves Nero and gives him a reason to go on. It's a solid portrayal that just doesn't do much but show us Dante through a third-person perspective--which is effective.

Agreed with all except for your reasons for 2.
---
Half of me wants to see the world burn, the other half wants peace...I'm screwed up.
#9Liquid_AcidPosted 6/22/2012 9:22:35 PM
DMC1 - 9/10...Great...but the story could of been better to help him develop more...Well balanced power.

DMC2 - 6/10...Cool design...But no personality. Too quiet...The silent/Vergil like personality doesn't suit him.

DMC3 - 8/10...Wild cocky teen...Over the top...Fun loving guy...The Nevan scene >_>...Could of used a shirt...Can be annoying...

DMC4 - 9/10...I like him...Great look...Trolling Nero constantly...Never got serious though...

DMC Anime - 7/10...Why is he so bored all the time? No wise cracks or joking...Seems lazy and just "meh" attitude all the time...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#10Hash062Posted 6/24/2012 3:58:19 AM
DMC 1: 8/10
Beta version of Dante, since he's basically a RE4 main character reject.

DMC 2: 6/10
Cool enough, but who is this guy? And the game is the worst.

DMC 3: 10/10
Best Dante ever.

DMC 4: 9/10
Even though he was just a guest, he was totally awesome.