Just Curious

#1NYCKing87Posted 6/23/2012 9:20:36 PM
Being as how a lot of you haven't liked what you've seen from Ninja Theory so far, what was your guys' thoughts and feelings towards DMC 4, then? I mean, here we had a new character similar in appearance to Dante taking the majority of the spot-light, and a batch of other new characters.

For those of you who remember browsing the forums back when that game hit, do you recall any sort of backlash for DMC 4? Did you hate it at first but then grow to like it? Did you feel that it wasn't too much of a departure to make you turn your back on the series? I mean, Capcom did kinda pull an MGS 2 vibe by introducing Nero who was sort of a noob like Raiden.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 6/23/2012 9:33:46 PM
I despised Nero as soon as he was announced. Whenever playing through the game and as soon as I hit Mission 10, I kept thinking "Do I get Dante now?" Then I got Dante retreading Nero's locations and only having one unique boss, who is the worst boss in the game. Then we got Nero again! The heck!

Nero wasn't as a big shocker as Raiden but at least Raiden was tolerable and a nice guy. Nero is a brat.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#3ZeroX91Posted 6/23/2012 9:53:13 PM
Nero taking center stage didn't really bother me, plenty of other things about the game did. (Devilbringer, backtracking, even more one dimensional "love interest", the main villain being the pope, ect lol)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman
#4NYCKing87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 9:55:36 PM
I, myself, didn't mind Nero. To me, he looked similar enough to Dante that his appearance in the game soon became justified on that sole basis alone, along with the fact that I wanted to see how the game's campaign ended. Yes, the story wasn't as strong as it could've been - it was pretty damn convoluted - but, never-the-less, I wanted to see what happened next as things progressed.

As for this reboot, I gotta be honest and say that I haven't hated anything they've shown at all. I guess I'm just up for change, something different. You could say, well, that they didn't need to change anything and that things just needed some fine-tuning, but I'll take what I can get. If it ends up sucking, then I'll just stick with 3, 4 and call it a day.
#5superfun64Posted 6/23/2012 10:05:56 PM
Me I didn't care one way or the other. Didn't bother me at all. I'll say I enjoyed my experience. Right off the bat I was enjoying it. I'm all for new characters and elements in a game series as long as the old character is represented somewhere and they don't flipflop everything around like a madman removing all familiarity of the source material or prequels. If you do that just make a new game. Don't destroy a tasty dish by piling month old cheese on it.
---
Just added 'Obtained the Power of Metal' to my awesome things I did for the heck of it list Awesome meter: {[][][][][][]}[]-- Status: Earthshattering Awesome
#6ZeroX91Posted 6/23/2012 10:07:38 PM
I don't hate everything about the reboot, I just dislike what it has become, the in 2010 trailer the story looked like it had some teeth now it just looks like some weird DMC/V for Vendetta hybrid fanfic tailor made to appeal to the "disenfranchised youth", and ontop of that they brought back the devilbringer. (I really hate that thing, makes combat too easy)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman
#7AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/23/2012 10:15:33 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I despised Nero as soon as he was announced. Whenever playing through the game and as soon as I hit Mission 10, I kept thinking "Do I get Dante now?" Then I got Dante retreading Nero's locations and only having one unique boss, who is the worst boss in the game. Then we got Nero again! The heck!

Nero wasn't as a big shocker as Raiden but at least Raiden was tolerable and a nice guy. Nero is a brat.

Basically this.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#8KyryloPosted 6/24/2012 4:32:46 AM
I don'T get that complaining. Mainly because fans whined to much they created that garbage called dmc. Nero was likable enough character. Game featured cool settings, good bosses and good story. I remember how fans whined about Raiden. Good that Kojima didn't cared and haven't given his game to some second rated english studio
#9shatterstarPosted 6/24/2012 5:19:12 AM
Nah mate. They like what they see so far or they wouldn't be asking for more of it or saying things like "I'll buy it if it was a new IP." They only hate what the game represents is all.

Like I said. If a Capcom rep did a press conference and openly said that DmC will not replace the original franchise and that DMC5 is in the works, all complaints and hatred toward this game will stop immediately. Because it's no longer a threat.
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 6/24/2012 5:23:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]