Remember The "Finisher Sequence" From The Final Mission in DMC4?

#1GoldsicklePosted 6/29/2012 5:32:13 AM
The one where you have to Buster away both of the False Savior's fists before you can do one final Buster at the end of Mission 20.

It felt like they're trying to give every boss their own "finisher sequence" in DmC, as seen in the Poison boss fight.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2robdenteulingPosted 6/29/2012 8:04:03 AM
And I'd love it!
#3AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/29/2012 8:59:17 AM
It's not a bad thought. At least they're being creative with those finishing sequences (based on Poison), unlike Capcom. In DMC4, using Buster on the False Savior was boooooooooooooooooring; but here you get to actually slice at her hands till she lets go for real and ends up destroyed by a giant fan? That's pretty exciting.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#4KyryloPosted 6/29/2012 9:29:20 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
It's not a bad thought. At least they're being creative with those finishing sequences (based on Poison), unlike Capcom. In DMC4, using Buster on the False Savior was boooooooooooooooooring; but here you get to actually slice at her hands till she lets go for real and ends up destroyed by a giant fan? That's pretty exciting.

yeah except it stinks of GoW ripoff.
#5Phantom_Opera_GPosted 6/29/2012 11:04:24 AM
Kyrylo posted...

looking at Heavenly Sword is it really that surprising? Still a decent game though.
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#6sfvfkofPosted 6/29/2012 11:52:17 AM
It was very boring in DMC4. Pretty much a QTE in my opinion. At the very least they should put at least 2-3 different animated endings. So it's not exactly the same thing every time and you have some control of what happens.
#7AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/29/2012 1:37:31 PM(edited)
Kyrylo posted...

Except done right. GoW uses QTE's instead of actual combat for that effect, therefore it's instantly worse than DmC. Deal with it. GoW was never good.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#8StrelokPosted 6/29/2012 3:07:40 PM
It is better than what we saw of DmC so far :s
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#9Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 3:30:24 PM
While there are some things that I don't like about this game, I am liking the development team's "anti-QTE" stance.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10ShadowZero007Posted 6/29/2012 4:41:03 PM
Strelok posted...
It is better than what we saw of DmC so far :s

So you'd prefer QTE's?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...