Fans expressing their feeling toward the redesign of Dante.

#1shatterstarPosted 7/3/2012 7:07:53 AM
Here you go...

http://kotaku.com/5923055/well-these-dantes-certainly-dont-like-devil-may-crys-redesign

(Comment)

Funny as it is, of all of them, the new style Dante is the only one that seems to be acting like Dante, being faced with extreme opposition and still smiling and seeming laid back.

Gotta love it!

The Hardcore fans are the very ones helping promote this game because controversy attracts crowds of people and a majority of those people are the ones who haven't even heard or played a DMC game. But they will now lol.

I'm 100% sure that this was Capcom's plan all along and you lots took the bait.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 7/3/2012 7:10:29 AM
I agree with the comment. The image is cool though. It's just sad that Dino looks the coolest there.

There is no bait though, Capcom isn't THAT smart.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#3Shaft228Posted 7/3/2012 7:21:16 AM
Lol this guy

Do you honestly believe the people who will check out a niche-ish game because of NEGATIVE reaction outnumber the hardcore fans? Now even if some delusional realm this were true, how many of them would be buying it full price like a hardcore fan? Are you dumb, or just trolling?
#4AlexxShadenk777Posted 7/3/2012 7:57:19 AM
Cute.

DarkSymbiote posted...

This. They had no plan, they just didn't give a crap about DMC anymore since the fourth game.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#5shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 8:04:46 AM
Shaft228 posted...
Lol this guy

Do you honestly believe the people who will check out a niche-ish game because of NEGATIVE reaction outnumber the hardcore fans? Now even if some delusional realm this were true, how many of them would be buying it full price like a hardcore fan? Are you dumb, or just trolling?

Why do you think they tell people who are being attacked to yell fire instead of help. Because people will run toward fire just to see it but if you scream help, they walk way and call for help on their phones because they don't wanna be harmed themselves.

Why do you think millions upon millions of people gravitated toward the O.J. TV court case. Because of the controversy.

A lot of them didn't even know who the heck O.J. Simpson was but it doesn't take much to Google someone these days to find out a lot about them thanks to the good old internet.

Also. If you think the fan base are the majority, there's clearly something wrong with your thinking. Because Casual gamers represents most of the money in this market. If you manage to capture them, you got a huge hit on your hands.

Why do you think Call of Duty: MW sells 10 to 11 million units each year. It's not overly complicated to point and shoot and spam grenades all day mate.
#6shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 8:11:34 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Cute.

DarkSymbiote posted...

This. They had no plan, they just didn't give a crap about DMC anymore since the fourth game.

Well they have to be pretty smart to be one of the major leading corporation in the Japanese gaming industry.

It's pretty obvious Capcom knows business.

I'm sorry if that tells you something different.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 7/3/2012 8:31:34 AM
shatterstar posted...
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Cute.

DarkSymbiote posted...

Well they have to be pretty smart to be one of the major leading corporation in the Japanese gaming industry.

It's pretty obvious Capcom knows business.

I'm sorry if that tells you something different.

Capcom is a "leader" now only because of past successes. None of their newer IPs have been stellar and their older franchises are getting harsh criticism.
---
My Lollipop Chainsaw Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/637316-lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/review-150997
#8Shaft228Posted 7/3/2012 8:32:28 AM
shatterstar posted...
Shaft228 posted...
Lol this guy

Why do you think they tell people who are being attacked to yell fire instead of help. Because people will run toward fire just to see it but if you scream help, they walk way and call for help on their phones because they don't wanna be harmed themselves.

Why do you think millions upon millions of people gravitated toward the O.J. TV court case. Because of the controversy.

A lot of them didn't even know who the heck O.J. Simpson was but it doesn't take much to Google someone these days to find out a lot about them thanks to the good old internet.

Also. If you think the fan base are the majority, there's clearly something wrong with your thinking. Because Casual gamers represents most of the money in this market. If you manage to capture them, you got a huge hit on your hands.

Why do you think Call of Duty: MW sells 10 to 11 million units each year. It's not overly complicated to point and shoot and spam grenades all day mate.

Controversy is different in entertainment, and in a bad way.

And obviously the casual market is larger, but an in-depth hack 'n slash with hamfisted social commentary is not a game aimed at casuals. Casuals will not play this, and they definitely won't purchase it new. Unless it's a shooter, a game has to really pull in its established fan base or else it has no chance.
#9SirenaLoreleyPosted 7/3/2012 8:45:07 AM
Shatter seems quite desperate lately... *chuckle*
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#10Yami_light_Posted 7/3/2012 8:45:47 AM
hahaha because when I think of 30 year old gamers, I think cosplay.

Lol this will surely attract new mature fans :D.
---
---
If gameplay is solid, I'll play it, most of you play games where you only see a hand holding a gun anyway ... -PSN:Light_Yami