I wish there was more weapon variety

#1HappyUnicorn101Posted 7/5/2012 10:34:34 AM
I am a strong advocate of this game, but the one thing that I do not like is how most of the weapons are polearm types. In the old DMC's Dante had a wide array of different weapons.

INB4 butthurt DMC nostalgia goggles. because I'm not one. I am looking forward to this game but I do think that they could have had a bigger variety of weapons.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#2vhunter14Posted 7/5/2012 1:28:48 PM
Yeah...uh you could be taken seriously until inb4.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#3SlaveBladePosted 7/5/2012 1:36:37 PM
Yeah! Like in 1 where he had 3 different swords, and a fist!

or in 2 where he had all swords!

Or in 3 where he had, admittedly, 2 swords (one of em 2 swords), fists, guitar and triple rod.

Or in 4 where you had Sword, fist, throwing sword!

The amount of variety is STAGGERING!
---
Interested in a RP with witches and murderous people with a heavy dose of medieval fantasy?
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26004&st=0
#4_Uwye_Posted 7/5/2012 1:41:04 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
INB4 butthurt DMC nostalgia goggles. because I'm not one. I am looking forward to this game but I do think that they could have had a bigger variety of weapons.

Are you aware that we have seen less than half of the weapon set, right?
#5shatterstarPosted 7/5/2012 3:00:57 PM
Well DmC's weapons are all rooted in reality instead of fantasy.

He has an arsenal of weapons to suit each form and it's theme.

#1: Human form. (Normal form)

Arsenal of guns pulse Rebellion.

#2; Angel form (fast and light attacks for crowd control and air juggling)

So expect blades with chain links like in Heavenly Sword and staffs like in Enslaved.

#3: Demon form (heavy attacks utilized to break enemy defences)

So expect weapons like a hammer, Axe, heavy sword, and spear.
#6spiritmightPosted 7/5/2012 3:30:24 PM
shatterstar posted...
Well DmC's weapons are all rooted in reality instead of fantasy.

He has an arsenal of weapons to suit each form and it's theme.

#1: Human form. (Normal form)

Arsenal of guns pulse Rebellion.

#2; Angel form (fast and light attacks for crowd control and air juggling)

So expect blades with chain links like in Heavenly Sword and staffs like in Enslaved.

#3: Demon form (heavy attacks utilized to break enemy defences)

So expect weapons like a hammer, Axe, heavy sword, and spear.

Sounds logical enough.

I really can't speculate on the weapons here because the weapons in the old DMC were sort of ridiculous and this game is supposedly a bit more grounded in reality. Like, I don't see New Dante wielding a magic lightning guitar.
#7Phantom_Opera_GPosted 7/5/2012 4:13:02 PM
spiritmight posted...
Like, I don't see New Dante wielding a magic lightning guitar.

I don't see what was wrong with it, Nevan, have you people never seen KISS and some of their guitars blasting out pyro rockets or a guitar being used as weapon, though bullets not blasting lightning, Desperado/Once Upon A Time In New Mexico or as the lightning blasting dealer of death Brütal Legend (now with face melting guitar solos Raiders style) and do you know what they all share in common? They are from the West but they all share a universal appeal where anyone from Japan to America can look at it say "holy **** son, that is cool!", something this game sorely lacks IMO
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#8SirenaLoreleyPosted 7/5/2012 4:17:25 PM
@Phantom_Opera_G

I remember I-NO from the Guilty Gear series, she fights using a guitar too and she looks so cool with it...
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#9Phantom_Opera_GPosted 7/5/2012 4:26:57 PM(edited)
SirenaLoreley posted...
@Phantom_Opera_G

I remember I-NO from the Guilty Gear series, she fights using a guitar too and she looks so cool with it...

Oh yea I forgot about her lol

Http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ino-powerrock.gif

But then again Arc Systems was never short of strange and interesting characters.

Faust.

That is all.
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri
#10StrelokPosted 7/5/2012 4:31:37 PM
I recall an Mutants & Masterminds Rock hero I made called Riff.
Bats*** insane.
Outright used a guitar with a scythe in the handle (Nevan, I know)
Had the power to generate massive blasts of sonic energy.

She was cool.

A cooler "guitar" user would be my variation of Snikrot in my Warhammer 40K army.
Snikrot is a Kommando Nob who has the ability to reduce morale whenever he makes a kill. Considering he can rack up infantery kills easy this means that after one assault, the other group generally runs. His weapons are blamed for this as they are that terrifying.

My Ork, Gutriffa, has no such knives. No, he is worse.
The morale drop comes because after a kill he rips out the victims spine and intestines and makes a guitar out of it. Instantly, on the battlefield.

Orks.
The most violent and bloodthirsty 40K race.
They are the comic relief.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg