I wish there was more weapon variety

#11vhunter14Posted 7/5/2012 7:04:18 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Yeah! Like in 1 where he had 3 different swords, and a fist!

or in 2 where he had all swords!

Or in 3 where he had, admittedly, 2 swords (one of em 2 swords), fists, guitar and triple rod.

Or in 4 where you had Sword, fist, throwing sword!

The amount of variety is STAGGERING!

...3 had a nunchaku set more like it not a rod..
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#12SlaveBladePosted 7/5/2012 7:22:13 PM
vhunter14 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Yeah! Like in 1 where he had 3 different swords, and a fist!

or in 2 where he had all swords!

Or in 3 where he had, admittedly, 2 swords (one of em 2 swords), fists, guitar and triple rod.

Or in 4 where you had Sword, fist, throwing sword!

The amount of variety is STAGGERING!

...3 had a nunchaku set more like it not a rod..

It's called a triple rod.
---
Interested in a RP with witches and murderous people with a heavy dose of medieval fantasy?
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26004&st=0
#13Hunter1534Posted 7/5/2012 8:27:09 PM
TC is a joke. Respect his opinion, but that last part made him seem ignorant as hell. "anybody who doesn't share the same opinion as me is a butthurt blind fanboy!" pathetic..
---
Yes, my all time favourite video game hero has a sexual innuendo for an ERECT PENlS as his name. So what?
#14Orange00Posted 7/6/2012 2:59:44 AM
well i'm worried about the weapon variety as well , only i'm not worried about the number of weapons but if they're all going to be normal weapons it's going to be boring as .. Honestly i fell in love with dmc3 becauae of all the crazy guitars and nunchakus. A little creativity wouldn't hurt this game either.

also scythes are being a little over-used these days, don't you think?
#15SlaveBladePosted 7/6/2012 5:23:48 AM
Orange00 posted...
well i'm worried about the weapon variety as well , only i'm not worried about the number of weapons but if they're all going to be normal weapons it's going to be boring as .. Honestly i fell in love with dmc3 becauae of all the crazy guitars and nunchakus. A little creativity wouldn't hurt this game either.

They're nothing new to the gaming market, trust me...

Castlevania series comes to mind, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Chrono Trigger, etc...
---
Interested in a RP with witches and murderous people with a heavy dose of medieval fantasy?
#16shatterstarPosted 7/6/2012 6:32:24 AM
Orange00 posted...

I don't think normal has anything to do with it. A guitar is normal, shotgun, and nunchakus. It's the effects surrounding the weapon that makes it enjoyable and interesting.

Like Dante shooting shock waves out of Rebellion in the DmC Fight trailer, the Axe delivering a shock wave that sending enemies flying into the air, or the Angel weapon scooping enemies off the ground when in the air and spinning around juggling multiple enemies in the air.

So all that you've enjoyed is still in there and it all depends on how you utilize it to forming interesting and badass combos.
#17KyryloPosted 7/6/2012 7:31:00 AM
shatterstar posted...
Orange00 posted...

I don't think normal has anything to do with it. A guitar is normal, shotgun, and nunchakus. It's the effects surrounding the weapon that makes it enjoyable and interesting.

Like Dante shooting shock waves out of Rebellion in the DmC Fight trailer, the Axe delivering a shock wave that sending enemies flying into the air, or the Angel weapon scooping enemies off the ground when in the air and spinning around juggling multiple enemies in the air.

So all that you've enjoyed is still in there and it all depends on how you utilize it to forming interesting and badass combos.

shockwaves? oh wow....it's like nobody E_V_E_R came up with that idea....except almost every ninja game, onimusha and all others.
#18SlaveBladePosted 7/6/2012 7:34:19 AM
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Orange00 posted...

shockwaves? oh wow....it's like nobody E_V_E_R came up with that idea....except almost every ninja game, onimusha and all others.

cuz DMC is just so original, m i ryte?
---
#19_Uwye_Posted 7/6/2012 12:28:50 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Orange00 posted...

cuz DMC is just so original, m i ryte?

Some moves and weapons definitively are (like the ever used example of Nevan). The moves described by Shatterstar? Not really.
#20ZeroX91Posted 7/6/2012 12:40:50 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Orange00 posted...

They're nothing new to the gaming market, trust me...

Castlevania series comes to mind, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Chrono Trigger, etc...

That's because they are cool, impractical as hell, but cool.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwdKCZ2K1CE
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman