About Two Dodge Buttons

#1GoldsicklePosted 7/6/2012 5:11:28 PM
I tried holding a trigger down with my middle finger while holding the bumper with my index.
It's not impossible.

Are they making the scheme for players who use their index to hold down the triggers in mind?
But I dunno, I'll probably instinctively use my index when pressing down on the triggers.
Despite how I can distribute and assign my index for the bumper and middle finger for the trigger, it still feels more responsive to use my index for the trigger.

For example, in Bayonetta, I could hold down the R1 button with my index while dodging on R2 with my middle finger.
But I still end up using my index on R2 because it feels more responsive that way.

How do you guys press on the triggers for the 360 controllers or Dual Shock 3?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2ShadowZero007Posted 7/6/2012 5:15:32 PM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
I tried holding a trigger down with my middle finger while holding the bumper with my index.
It's not impossible.

Are they making the scheme for players who use their index to hold down the triggers in mind?
But I dunno, I'll probably instinctively use my index when pressing down on the triggers.
Despite how I can distribute and assign my index for the bumper and middle finger for the trigger, it still feels more responsive to use my index for the trigger.

For example, in Bayonetta, I could hold down the R1 button with my index while dodging on R2 with my middle finger.
But I still end up using my index on R2 because it feels more responsive that way.

You know I actually thought the same thing earlier when playing Skyrim...

Index usually.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#3ezekial45Posted 7/6/2012 5:17:51 PM(edited)
You don't need to press both evade buttons to dodge. Each one works on it's own. They made two because you'll be more comfortable using the opposite when holding down triggers for the Angel/Demon forms.

As in, Angel Form Left trigger/Right bumber Evade - Devil Form Right Trigger/Left Bumber evade.

I believe that's what your saying, I'm not sure. I might be confused about what you're asking.
---
Would you kindly......
#4Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 5:19:45 PM
ezekial45 posted...
You don't need to press both evade buttons to dodge. Each one works on it's own. They made two because you'll be more comfortable using the opposite when holding down triggers for the Angel/Demon forms.

As in, Angel Form Left trigger/Right bumber Evade - Devil Form Right Trigger/Left Bumber evade.

I believe that's what your saying, I'm not sure. I might be confused about what you're asking.

Yes, I am aware that they added two dodge buttons so that if one trigger is held, the dodge on the opposite side can be used.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5_Uwye_Posted 7/6/2012 11:13:29 PM
Goldsickle posted...

Depends on the game. If it's a game where you never have/need to press both R1/L1 and R2/L2 at the same time I just use the index fingers. In DMC3-4 I use the index finger for R1/L1 and middle finger for R2/L2.
#6shatterstarPosted 7/7/2012 7:26:55 AM
I don't know about the PS3 controller but playing it that way on the 360 controller would be pretty painful. The springs on the triggers are tight and plus it's shaped like an actual gun trigger so you automatically or almost instinctively use your trigger fingers to hold it down.

Also the D-pad is really far to the left and downward so it'll be difficult to play that way, swap weapons on the fly and also control the camera.
#7JELIFISH19Posted 7/7/2012 4:05:36 PM
I use my index fingers but that wasn't always the case. I only changed this gen when the systems came with triggers instead of buttons. I had trouble locking on and dodging in Bayonetta to the point where I just wouldn't use lock-on.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#8Phantom_Opera_GPosted 7/7/2012 4:28:31 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
I had trouble locking on and dodging in Bayonetta to the point where I just wouldn't use lock-on.

And that is the beauty of having options, while I could dodge via the lock on and fight using it no problem but if others can't then they have that alternative to whatever works best for them either with or without lock (or maybe use lock but still use that dodge button if it makes things easier)
---
MvC3 | Dante Magneto Zero | Morrigan Wolverine Wesker |Felicia Hagger Iron Man | Others |Chun Li Spider-Man Akuma X-23 Viewtiful Joe
SSFIVAE | Juri