Do I need to play the other DMCs to understand this one?

#1scatterstarPosted 7/13/2012 11:11:24 AM
Only played DMC1 and 3 and I assume this game happens before DMC3. Dante looks younger (swears alot like a young buck too) and his hair is black (reason?) but wanted to make sure since I do have time to play the other 2 and I'm bored.
#2ejshinPosted 7/13/2012 11:36:25 AM
Scatterstar - is this a symbiote child of shatterstar?
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#3Ether101Posted 7/13/2012 11:39:00 AM
This is supposed to be a completely unrelated story so until they try to pull a plot twist that is horribly perceptible and poorly thought out.

And I doubt that this New Dante is that young given that Dante was around 19 in DMC3.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#4MetalSonicSwordPosted 7/13/2012 11:39:31 AM
here's an idea

why don't you go on google and look this up

or better yet, use the search tool that is readily available on this website

or use youtube interviews with the creators.

I don't think it's too unreasonable for you to research this yourself since it's been 2 years since the announcement
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#5sworderPosted 7/13/2012 11:40:12 AM
This is an alternate universe, so no.
#6ZeroX91Posted 7/13/2012 11:47:27 AM
ejshin posted...

Well it is Friday the thirteenth. lol

but in case we are wrong, No it is a reboot tc so no prior knowledge is necessary.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwdKCZ2K1CE
"Muhahahah" --- Pew-wee Herman
#7scatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 11:52:14 AM
MetalSonicSword posted...
here's an idea

I don't think it's too unreasonable for you to research this yourself since it's been 2 years since the announcement

Actually I did search for it on google but any DMC info was about every DMC but this one and I don't care enough to read/watch interviews and such since if I do play this it'll be just on a whim when I'm bored so my options were either watch an extended video of a guy talking about crap I don't care about to get my answer or just make a short crappy post where someone who already knows comes in and just says no or yes and have it solved, I choose the latter less work on my part. Actually less on yours too considering you would have types way less actually answering the question instead of typing all that lol.

To the guys who actually answered though thanks!

ejshin posted...

This is like the 3rd time someone has brought up this guy and the funny thing is it's on 3 completely different boards! Who the f*** is this guy that he's known (well from what I gather hated) throughout all of GFaqs

Think I might change my Username lol.
#8MetalSonicSwordPosted 7/13/2012 12:20:09 PM
scatterstar posted...
here's an idea

Actually I did search for it on google but any DMC info was about every DMC but this one and I don't care enough to read/watch interviews and such since if I do play this it'll be just on a whim when I'm bored so my options were either watch an extended video of a guy talking about crap I don't care about to get my answer or just make a short crappy post where someone who already knows comes in and just says no or yes and have it solved, I choose the latter less work on my part. Actually less on yours too considering you would have types way less actually answering the question instead of typing all that lol.

ejshin posted...

This is like the 3rd time someone has brought up this guy and the funny thing is it's on 3 completely different boards! Who the f*** is this guy that he's known (well from what I gather hated) throughout all of GFaqs

problem being here is there's two years worth of info and you expect me to put it into one post?

I can summarize, but consider there is a wiki page for this on the devil may cry wiki you obviously didnt look very hard

ok

new universe with nothing to do with old universe
more realistic feel
dubstep ost
dante is half demon half angel
mundus is bruce willis look a like
combat lacks lock on but you have a human, angel and demon stance that alter your attacks and stuff as well as weapons

in every damn article that was every published on this game, it says its got nothing to do with the old ones. It's not that hard to find

and if you didn't care, then why would you ask?

this didn't need a topic, especially when the same topic has been made so many times on the board already and each one seems to erupt into flame wars over tameens decisions on the project and whose pro/anti for it.
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#9scatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 12:35:40 PM

I can summarize, but consider there is a wiki page for this on the devil may cry wiki you obviously didnt look very hard

Didn't want the details sworders post contains everything I wanted to know like for example out of everything you just posted this was basically what I was asking for...

"its got nothing to do with the old ones."

That's it wasn't looking for any info beyond where it fits in the canon lol.
#10ejshinPosted 7/13/2012 12:44:21 PM
scatterstar posted...
here's an idea

ejshin posted...

I apologize Scatter. You see, there are a lot of trolls on this board and shatterstar has become an annoyance to both pro and anti-DmC people. Welcome to the DmC boards.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it