Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#111ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 3:43:44 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
As much as I agree with what Jade wrote...dear god, that LOL.

Does LOL mean anything anymore? Did you actually laugh out loud or did a neuron go off somewhere and you didn't know what to do with it?

I caps lock "lol" when I actually laugh out loud. "lol" has become a placeholder for "eh."

As you can imagine, my signature always cracks me up xD

Well, that question was answered with more grace than I expected. Well done on taking a joke sir or madam, I salute your social skills.
---
Goddamn!
#112Ether101Posted 11/12/2012 3:45:12 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether, I'm loath to take critique from someone whose sin declares that they are, for some reason, proud of slapping a little piece of plastic until their glorified action figure does what they want it to.

Where the hell did you drag that form?

Check your sig, good sir.

That's what I feared. You have know idea what that's about. I'm not being complacent as I do what I chose to were as you allow yourself to be treated like trash.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#113Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 3:48:04 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
As much as I agree with what Jade wrote...dear god, that LOL.

Does LOL mean anything anymore? Did you actually laugh out loud or did a neuron go off somewhere and you didn't know what to do with it?

I caps lock "lol" when I actually laugh out loud. "lol" has become a placeholder for "eh."

As you can imagine, my signature always cracks me up xD

Well, that question was answered with more grace than I expected. Well done on taking a joke sir or madam, I salute your social skills.

Goddamn this 7 year old unisex screen name.
And its always a pleasure for jokes on the net.
We need moar people on this board with a sense of humor.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#114ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 3:57:54 PM
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether, I'm loath to take critique from someone whose sin declares that they are, for some reason, proud of slapping a little piece of plastic until their glorified action figure does what they want it to.

That's what I feared. You have know idea what that's about. I'm not being complacent as I do what I chose to were as you allow yourself to be treated like trash.

Are you fond of overblown rhetoric, or what? You "feared"? And who's treating us like trash? I get a $60 game that, were I accounting for inflation, should have cost me in the triple digits, and just because my parents aren't paying for it anymore I'm supposed to get pissy? Stuff like this goes on in EVERY medium and has for years. Director's cuts, expansion packs, special editions--you know I have three different versions of Stephen King's "The Stand" on my shelf?

So they start handing it out piecemeal, and sooner. I could not have the Vergil DLC and still have the full experience. I could not have a bunch of armor permutations in Halo or a bunch of character skins in Uncharted, or a bunch of maps in CoD, and I'd still have the "full game," because everything works as intended across the content I was promised--a beginning, a middle, an end, credits, boom.

You're not being treated like "trash." You're being treated like a goddamn customer, which is exactly what you are: free to pick and choose what content you want and don't want and what you're willing (or, by the way you speak, what your parents are willing) to buy and what you (or your parents) won't buy. Nobody's twisting your arm.

If this bothers you so much I suggest you get into sewing, and yes, you DO usually have to buy your fabrics, needles and other tools separately, because that industry ALSO hates you.
---
Goddamn!
#115KyryloPosted 11/12/2012 4:01:24 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...

Are you fond of overblown rhetoric, or what? You "feared"? And who's treating us like trash? I get a $60 game that, were I accounting for inflation, should have cost me in the triple digits, and just because my parents aren't paying for it anymore I'm supposed to get pissy? Stuff like this goes on in EVERY medium and has for years. Director's cuts, expansion packs, special editions--you know I have three different versions of Stephen King's "The Stand" on my shelf?

So they start handing it out piecemeal, and sooner. I could not have the Vergil DLC and still have the full experience. I could not have a bunch of armor permutations in Halo or a bunch of character skins in Uncharted, or a bunch of maps in CoD, and I'd still have the "full game," because everything works as intended across the content I was promised--a beginning, a middle, an end, credits, boom.

You're not being treated like "trash." You're being treated like a goddamn customer, which is exactly what you are: free to pick and choose what content you want and don't want and what you're willing (or, by the way you speak, what your parents are willing) to buy and what you (or your parents) won't buy. Nobody's twisting your arm.

If this bothers you so much I suggest you get into sewing, and yes, you DO usually have to buy your fabrics, needles and other tools separately, because that industry ALSO hates you.

if you only know how many times we've been told "just accept it"
#116StrelokPosted 11/12/2012 4:04:11 PM
It is a sense of entitlement because we fans have kept the franchise going for 10 years.
We feel betrayed, and rightfully so. We feel insulted, rightfully so.
They could just have avoided all this negativity with giving this a different name.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#117Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 4:10:11 PM
*Sits on chrome lawn chair*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#118andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 4:20:20 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Ether101 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...

Excellent just excellent dont think this could have been said any better, if people dont understand the situation from reading this then they never will
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#119masterman97Posted 11/12/2012 4:21:43 PM
http://www.dailyjoypad.co.uk/?p=44219
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#120ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 4:37:58 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
It is a sense of entitlement because we fans have kept the franchise going for 10 years.
We feel betrayed, and rightfully so. We feel insulted, rightfully so.
They could just have avoided all this negativity with giving this a different name.

Oh, did you? You went in, you worked on the game? You wrote the story, you drew pages and pages of concept art, wrote hundreds of thousands of lines of code, animated hundreds of different animations over the course of dozens of different character models, and un-kinked countless bugs and glitches? You weathered the entitled, bratty dissent of a bunch of kids who think they own your work?

Or did you go to a game store and exchange cash for a disc? All you did was pay for the game. You didn't "keep it going." The vocal, whiny minority are never the ones who "keep a game going." The ones who "keep a game going" are those who can grasp the simple concept underlining consumerism: you're a consumer, not a creator.

Your part in the transaction is to take the content and decide if you want to buy it or not. You don't want to? Great, sorry you didn't like what we had on display, move on. You did? Fantastic, thank you for your custom. That's it. That's the extent of a relationship between artist and customer. To think otherwise without having contributed anything to a game's overall vision is the equivalent of slapping George R.R. Martin because you didn't want a character to die.
---
Goddamn!