Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#121Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 3:40:18 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...
*Sits on chrome lawn chair*

Oh snap, you got that new lawn chair upgrade! Are the arm rests comfy or did you have to pay extra for those?
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#122Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 3:40:29 PM
*Eats an apple*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#123KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/12/2012 3:41:20 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Strelok posted...
It is a sense of entitlement because we fans have kept the franchise going for 10 years.
We feel betrayed, and rightfully so. We feel insulted, rightfully so.
They could just have avoided all this negativity with giving this a different name.

Oh, did you? You went it, you worked on the game? You wrote the story, you drew pages and pages of concept art, wrote hundreds of thousands of lines of code, animated hundreds of different animations over the course of dozens of different character models, and un-kinked countless bugs and glitches? You weathered the entitled, bratty dissent of a bunch of kids who think they own your work?

Or did you go to a game store and exchange cash for a disc? All you did was pay for the game. You didn't "keep it going." The vocal, whiny minority are never the ones who "keep a game going." The ones who "keep a game going" are those who can grasp the simple concept underlining consumerism: you're a consumer, not a creator.

Your part in the transaction is to take the content and decide if you want to buy it or not. You don't want to? Great, sorry you didn't like what we had on display, move on. You did? Fantastic, thank you for your custom. That's it. That's the extent of a relationship between artist and customer. To think otherwise without having contributed anything to a game's overall vision is the equivalent of slapping George R.R. Martin because you didn't want a character to die.

If Capcom simply actually operated that way, with thanking fans for purchasing and saying "oh well, sorry you didn't like it" if we didn't, I wouldn't be as upset. The way they conduct themselves is really unprofessional though. They've insulted many of their fanbases and refuse to respond to any fan feedback. I'm not saying "they have to do what we want", but if they at least listened a little I wouldn't hate them as much. The way they insult their fans and keep carrying on their "buisness tactics" just gets my goat though.

I understand what you mean by calling out the "entitled" fans. I pretty much can't stand the PS3 Skyrim board and their "file a lawsuit because we didn't get Dawnguard". A company is free to make the games how they please, but they shouldn't be insulting the people their selling to. That's just bad buisness.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#124Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 3:41:49 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
*Sits on chrome lawn chair*

Oh snap, you got that new lawn chair upgrade! Are the arm rests comfy or did you have to pay extra for those?

Ha! I never have to pay for them.

They come with the chair. *Dances*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#125andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 3:49:51 PM
i could live to be 100 and never understand gamers, i mean if a film comes out that i dont like the look off, i dont go mad that someones made it, i just dont go to see it

Same with games for that matter i thinks the new metal gear looks like clueless garbage but i respect that plenty of people dont and as im not forced to buy and play it then it doesn't really effect me
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#126Ether101Posted 11/12/2012 3:53:13 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Are you fond of overblown rhetoric, or what? You "feared"? And who's treating us like trash? I get a $60 game that, were I accounting for inflation, should have cost me in the triple digits, and just because my parents aren't paying for it anymore I'm supposed to get pissy? Stuff like this goes on in EVERY medium and has for years. Director's cuts, expansion packs, special editions--you know I have three different versions of Stephen King's "The Stand" on my shelf?

This completely different form 'director's cuts' and 'expansion packs' by their very virtue. One's, supposed to be, a preferred version that deemed unusable for the theatrical release for what ever reason and the other is content actually developed after the initial product is done. DLC like this is made as part of the game and is covered under its production cost but is being cut to used as bait and sell it for additional money.

So they start handing it out piecemeal, and sooner. I could not have the Vergil DLC and still have the full experience. I could not have a bunch of armor permutations in Halo or a bunch of character skins in Uncharted, or a bunch of maps in CoD, and I'd still have the "full game," because everything works as intended across the content I was promised--a beginning, a middle, an end, credits, boom.

No, you were promised a game that would be 100% DMC form start to finish that would leave up to the standers of the series, that it would treat you like a sophisticated adult and that it would transcend the medium to reach the lofty heights of the best Hollywood movies. This is clearly not the case.

You're not being treated like "trash." You're being treated like a goddamn customer, which is exactly what you are: free to pick and choose what content you want and don't want and what you're willing (or, by the way you speak, what your parents are willing) to buy and what you (or your parents) won't buy. Nobody's twisting your arm.

Really, when a vice president of Capcom decides that he need to go online and threaten the fanbase of this franchise their just treating me like a customer? Are they also treating me like a customer when they attack me for not liking what I've seen only to turn around to demand praise for those very same qualities? How about when they decided that they were going to band people for simply saying that they didn't like the feel this games first teaser was giving and nothing more, were they treated those people as costumers?

If this bothers you so much I suggest you get into sewing, and yes, you DO usually have to buy your fabrics, needles and other tools separately, because that industry ALSO hates you.

If any other industry did what the gaming industry does they would get shut down so fast their heads would spin.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#127Jiyuu FalconPosted 11/12/2012 3:55:13 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
If this bothers you so much I suggest you get into sewing, and yes, you DO usually have to buy your fabrics, needles and other tools separately, because that industry ALSO hates you.

Store Clerk: Here's the yard of fabric you asked for, sir. I trust everything is in order? *chops off six inches* Oh, I'm sorry, did you want that, too? WELL YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAY EXTRA!
#128KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/12/2012 3:56:24 PM
andyt73 posted...
i could live to be 100 and never understand gamers, i mean if a film comes out that i dont like the look off, i dont go mad that someones made it, i just dont go to see it

Same with games for that matter i thinks the new metal gear looks like clueless garbage but i respect that plenty of people dont and as im not forced to buy and play it then it doesn't really effect me

It's a little different then that. If that new movie were one of your favorite series, would you be happy it's being made? If your favorite series were to be rebooted (when it wasn't exactly necessary) and the new series is drastically different, would you be happy about it? You'd probably be vocal about not liking it. This game threatens to replace one of my favorite series and I'm not happy. I don't care if people buy it, they can go ahead. I have a right to my opinion and this is a website for sharing opinions or discussing facts. When we anti's (the ones that aren't crazy) express our opinions though, we're often labeled as wrong. This happens on the pro side too, but more often when we express negative feelings, we get labeled as "haters".

It's not as simple as "we don't like it and we want to b****".
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#129andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 3:59:37 PM

If any other industry did what the gaming industry does they would get shut down so fast their heads would spin.

What are they doing in all honesty and try to be objective they are making a game they are telling you exactly what you get in that game and telling you the price, they are letting you decide if you believe that the game is worth the price and letting you decide if you wish to own and play it.

They are also making additional content which at no point have they said would be included in the game or in the price they are theyn giving that content a price and again letting you decide if is worth that price
---
#130andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 4:05:44 PM
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
ChezDispenser posted...

Store Clerk: Here's the yard of fabric you asked for, sir. I trust everything is in order? *chops off six inches* Oh, I'm sorry, did you want that, too? WELL YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAY EXTRA!

Except its not like that at all because at no point was this dlc ever promised offered or even hinted at being included in the game

So in fact you are getting your yard of fabric for the price that a yard of fabric however you are expected to pay extra for the buttons the yard of fabric is complete in itself
---