Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#131RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 5:25:33 PM
@ChezDispenser
Like I said, you refuse to see the larger picture. Funny how you recognize that gaming companies are legitimate companies that need to use underhand tactics to sell well, but you fail to acknowledge consumers and the gaming industry as being serious. Why shouldnt connections be made? What is the point of school if they cannot be applied to real life, and things that we are interested about. See, that is the difference between those that go through life questioning why everything is messed up, and those actively trying to take a pragmatic approach to them.

You should take pride in everything you like or do, and that includes your past-times. Go to any gamesite and tell pro-players or fans that are taking games too seriously and see how quickly you get chewed out. college textbooks actually offer more content and updated material between each editions, although they are expensive. I dont boycott them because that is what I have teachers for...to teach. In college, I bought maybe 4 textbooks so far, and used none. As for dvds...noone buys them since you can just get them off the internet. It is hard to play pirated games, but either way I would not do that.

That is why you are a complacent gamer. A beginning, middle, end, and a story? THEN EVERY LAST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE WAS JUSTIFIED FOR THE ASKING PRICE. Do you know how utterly idiotic and nonsensical that is? Oh wait, that is an opinion, and apparently all opinions are on even ground.... You do not feel a sense of entitlement because you are utterly complacent; you burn money on games and believe that since you got 10 hours out of a $60 game, that everyone should also. If anyone is sheltered and naive, it is those that claim that video games and dlc are not that much money, since they obviously do not know the value of a dollar in relation to smart purchases. All consumers should feel entitled to the best when they purchase something, but its childish in the gaming industry?

There is a larger picture to this, which consists of the past, viewing the present, which allows us to make predictions for the future. As it stands, gaming is actually regressing into superfluous mechanics. It is actually fairly easy to gauge the work a company puts into a game by comparing the finished copy to its predecessor. For example, MVC3 had little effort made into it, while Dragon's Dogma did. Once again, quit playing dumb.

There has been premium dlc for years, and they are steadily becoming more rip-off-ish. The trend will only get worse. However, the cycle will continue with more money for games, with poorer or equal quality. The next possible step is one where companies will require yearly memberships memberships to play individual games, but I do not see that happening until next gen. BTW, have you heard the rumors of the ps4 and 720 not playing used games? Oh yeah, surely you will defend that as well.

You cannot see beyond your own desires, and actually think it is cute to ridicule those that have enough sense that dlc abuses HURTS the entire gaming industry.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#132RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 5:30:17 PM
andyt73 posted...
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
If this bothers you so much I suggest you get into sewing, and yes, you DO usually have to buy your fabrics, needles and other tools separately, because that industry ALSO hates you.

Store Clerk: Here's the yard of fabric you asked for, sir. I trust everything is in order? *chops off six inches* Oh, I'm sorry, did you want that, too? WELL YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAY EXTRA!

Except its not like that at all because at no point was this dlc ever promised offered or even hinted at being included in the game

So in fact you are getting your yard of fabric for the price that a yard of fabric however you are expected to pay extra for the buttons the yard of fabric is complete in itself

yes it is....the game will be released with the dlc if you pre-order. that literally means that the content was stripped or withhold from the final game. That literally means you are paying extra for already finished content. Wow, you guys are so oblivious that it is actually surprising. they go out of their way to defend poor gaming practices instead of objectively trying to set it right.
---
#133ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 5:35:37 PM
Oh, lordy. I was gonna get a game of Halo in while Guild Wars 2 updates, but you guys gave me some ammo. Brace for impact. :)
---
Goddamn!
#134RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 5:36:07 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Strelok posted...
It is a sense of entitlement because we fans have kept the franchise going for 10 years.
We feel betrayed, and rightfully so. We feel insulted, rightfully so.
They could just have avoided all this negativity with giving this a different name.

Oh, did you? You went in, you worked on the game? You wrote the story, you drew pages and pages of concept art, wrote hundreds of thousands of lines of code, animated hundreds of different animations over the course of dozens of different character models, and un-kinked countless bugs and glitches? You weathered the entitled, bratty dissent of a bunch of kids who think they own your work?

Or did you go to a game store and exchange cash for a disc? All you did was pay for the game. You didn't "keep it going." The vocal, whiny minority are never the ones who "keep a game going." The ones who "keep a game going" are those who can grasp the simple concept underlining consumerism: you're a consumer, not a creator.

Your part in the transaction is to take the content and decide if you want to buy it or not. You don't want to? Great, sorry you didn't like what we had on display, move on. You did? Fantastic, thank you for your custom. That's it. That's the extent of a relationship between artist and customer. To think otherwise without having contributed anything to a game's overall vision is the equivalent of slapping George R.R. Martin because you didn't want a character to die.

you are paying money for something, so that means you are entitled to quality. That is business 101. The consumers is always right, and there is a mutual relationship between the consumer and supplier. Why the f*** are you painting a scenario where gaming companies should have consumers at their every whim, only to be spew out games that consumers must leave or take? Are you trying to suggest that we should be honored to give our money to play these games? You are literally setting us back into the early stages of the wage-based-economy where industries were tyrants over consumers.I am starting to believe that all these ppl supporting this bulls*** are in the gaming industry themselves.
---
#135Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 5:39:05 PM
This guy might be happier if we could do "Minority Report" on developers/publishers and find out their plans for future DLC. This way, we could bill them everything they have and haven't planned for $60.

Oh my god. THAT IS BRILLIANT! GUYS, I just solved how we could fix DLC!
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#136RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 5:44:09 PM(edited)
Japanese_Jade posted...
This guy might be happier if we could do "Minority Report" on developers/publishers and find out their plans for future DLC. This way, we could bill them everything they have and haven't planned for $60.

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........just stop buying undeveloped games and dlc; wait for the final complete edition. I know how hard that can be for weak-willed people obsessed with instant gratification, but at least try.

Its fun to counter troll.
---
#137ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 5:46:43 PM
I'd suggest that Sheepie and his kin settle down and settle in. I will be thorough.

KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
If Capcom simply actually operated that way, with thanking fans for purchasing and saying "oh well, sorry you didn't like it" if we didn't, I wouldn't be as upset. The way they conduct themselves is really unprofessional though. They've insulted many of their fanbases and refuse to respond to any fan feedback. I'm not saying "they have to do what we want", but if they at least listened a little I wouldn't hate them as much. The way they insult their fans and keep carrying on their "buisness tactics" just gets my goat though.

Would you respond to "WE DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT CHANGE IT BACK?" I'm not saying there aren't some legitimate critiques to be had with the game's new direction, but Christ, some of the "antis" act like someone took their toy. More reasoned approaches might have had some leeway--and they have. Dante doesn't look like such a meth-head now, and his Devil Trigger resembles the snowy-haired badboy of yesteryear, does he not?

I understand what you mean by calling out the "entitled" fans. I pretty much can't stand the PS3 Skyrim board and their "file a lawsuit because we didn't get Dawnguard". A company is free to make the games how they please, but they shouldn't be insulting the people their selling to. That's just bad buisness.

I don't think a reboot is an insult, I think it's an artist's right. The consumer's right, which is my point all along, is to decide whether or not they like the content on display and to move on. Be vocal all you want about why you don't like it, people are fine to voice their opinions, but when you start acting like you own the piece you're *****ing about, then we have a problem.

Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Store Clerk: Here's the yard of fabric you asked for, sir. I trust everything is in order? *chops off six inches* Oh, I'm sorry, did you want that, too? WELL YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAY EXTRA!

This would only work if you didn't know you weren't getting the DLC until you got to the register.
---
Goddamn!
#138andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 5:47:29 PM
Ragnarok we could debate it for ever and not see each others point of view and im not saying you are wrong but there is a much larger grey area than the black and white you operate within.

I will say that when the dlc was completed is irrelevant find me anything where capcom said it would be included in the game. The fact is 24 hours ago before this was announced people who were buying this game are still getting the exact same thing that they thought they were getting for the exact same price

To try and use a comparison, It is like me saying i want to go to Mcdonalds to buy a burger for 1.50 and i set off with that intention, when i get there i find out they sell burgers for 1.50 as i wanted or they sell burgers with cheese for 2.00 that doesnt mean that the burger is incomplete or that something has been removed from it, Nor does it mean i cant enjoy the burger or that i am forced to buy the one with cheese for extra just because the cheese was cooked at the same time as the burger
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#139Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 5:52:03 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........just stop buying undeveloped games and dlc; wait for the final complete edition. I know how hard that can be for weak-willed people obsessed with instant gratification, but at least try.

Its fun to counter troll.

Dood, you're soo right! Lets wait until each game that has DLC finally stops so we could buy the "full" version! Because what comes out isn't complete at all. I know this because I'm Nostradamus. Either that, or nothing is ever enough for me. After all, I'm paying $60 for a hobby that's completely optional. Maybe I'll just keep b*tching. That'll change something!

Counter trolling is my favorite too! omg, we're like twins: Dante and Virgil! *fangirl screams*
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#140KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/12/2012 5:55:12 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
I'd suggest that Sheepie and his kin settle down and settle in. I will be thorough.

KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
If Capcom simply actually operated that way, with thanking fans for purchasing and saying "oh well, sorry you didn't like it" if we didn't, I wouldn't be as upset. The way they conduct themselves is really unprofessional though. They've insulted many of their fanbases and refuse to respond to any fan feedback. I'm not saying "they have to do what we want", but if they at least listened a little I wouldn't hate them as much. The way they insult their fans and keep carrying on their "buisness tactics" just gets my goat though.

Would you respond to "WE DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT CHANGE IT BACK?" I'm not saying there aren't some legitimate critiques to be had with the game's new direction, but Christ, some of the "antis" act like someone took their toy. More reasoned approaches might have had some leeway--and they have. Dante doesn't look like such a meth-head now, and his Devil Trigger resembles the snowy-haired badboy of yesteryear, does he not?

I understand what you mean by calling out the "entitled" fans. I pretty much can't stand the PS3 Skyrim board and their "file a lawsuit because we didn't get Dawnguard". A company is free to make the games how they please, but they shouldn't be insulting the people their selling to. That's just bad buisness.

I don't think a reboot is an insult, I think it's an artist's right. The consumer's right, which is my point all along, is to decide whether or not they like the content on display and to move on. Be vocal all you want about why you don't like it, people are fine to voice their opinions, but when you start acting like you own the piece you're *****ing about, then we have a problem.

I'm not saying that rebooting it is an insult, they've come out and insulted the fans before. They often take some of the legitimate complaints and just chalk it up to "they're complaining about the hair". Yes, they have the right to reboot it. The fan has the right to decide if they like it, but they don't just simply have to move on. We also have the right to give feedback on what we see. Technically a company should be interested in what the consumer says as "the customer is always right". It's a basic rule of business. Capcom has pretty much come out to tell us we're wrong and that we have no legitimate complaints, which I just plain can't stand. That's just bad business.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]