Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#141ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 5:55:43 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
It's a little different then that. If that new movie were one of your favorite series, would you be happy it's being made? If your favorite series were to be rebooted (when it wasn't exactly necessary) and the new series is drastically different, would you be happy about it? You'd probably be vocal about not liking it. This game threatens to replace one of my favorite series and I'm not happy.

Then move on. Good lord, how can presumed adults be so blasted petulant? I mean, really, my favorite series gets a reboot, I look at it, I decide if I like it or not and I go find something else if I don't. It happened with Final Fantasy--I hated 8. It happened with JRPGs in general, after I realized how bad the storytelling was, and I moved onto other genres.

I don't mind discussing the merits and pitfalls of anything, but the sheer amount of irrational whining is mindblowing.

I don't care if people buy it, they can go ahead. I have a right to my opinion and this is a website for sharing opinions or discussing facts. When we anti's (the ones that aren't crazy) express our opinions though, we're often labeled as wrong. This happens on the pro side too, but more often when we express negative feelings, we get labeled as "haters".

It's not the opinions, it's the dogged determination that anyone who likes the new approach is some kind of "sheep" who, because they don't think they own the art produced by other people and can dictate its direction, are "betraying the series."

It's not as simple as "we don't like it and we want to b****".

It's as simple as "we don't like it, we're going to make our point by not buying the game and finding something else to like, because we're goddamned adults."
---
Goddamn!
#142andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 5:59:17 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
This guy might be happier if we could do "Minority Report" on developers/publishers and find out their plans for future DLC. This way, we could bill them everything they have and haven't planned for $60.

Oh my god. THAT IS BRILLIANT! GUYS, I just solved how we could fix DLC!

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........just stop buying undeveloped games and dlc; wait for the final complete edition. I know how hard that can be for weak-willed people obsessed with instant gratification, but at least try.

Its fun to counter troll.

There is no need to be insulting, you only make yourself look foolish, and given the reception this game has recieved do u really think theres gonna be any kind of goty edition.

End of the day its all about perceived value and everyones is different i generally find games (even full price ones) good value for money and dont understand how they have avoided succumbing to inflation but im not gonna complain.

Also lets not forget its fairly simple to get this for free anyway. Alot of this vitriol is coming because ppl dont like the game anyway, if this Had been DMC 5 instead then people would be doing back flips saying yet even more content for free
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#143RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 5:59:31 PM
andyt73 posted...
Ragnarok we could debate it for ever and not see each others point of view and im not saying you are wrong but there is a much larger grey area than the black and white you operate within.

I will say that when the dlc was completed is irrelevant find me anything where capcom said it would be included in the game. The fact is 24 hours ago before this was announced people who were buying this game are still getting the exact same thing that they thought they were getting for the exact same price

To try and use a comparison, It is like me saying i want to go to Mcdonalds to buy a burger for 1.50 and i set off with that intention, when i get there i find out they sell burgers for 1.50 as i wanted or they sell burgers with cheese for 2.00 that doesnt mean that the burger is incomplete or that something has been removed from it, Nor does it mean i cant enjoy the burger or that i am forced to buy the one with cheese for extra just because the cheese was cooked at the same time as the burger

you need a statement saying Capcom intended this to be in the game? How about the fact that it will be released in conjunction with the DMC release. It does not take much imagination to come to terms that CONTENT FINISHED BY THE GAME'S RELEASED SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE FINAL GAME!!! By your logic, on-disk dlc is perfectly fine since Capcom never intends for those to be found, let alone in the game.

That burger example does not work since you were originally expecting a burger...not a cheese burger. Ppl are expecting a full DMC game with all the completed content being released at the same time, but instead they have to pre-order and solidify their purchase to get what they were originally expecting, and if they do not, then they get less quality. Why do you need examples, it is as simple as that....
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#144HellsControllerPosted 11/12/2012 5:59:35 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been said, but I am more upset that Capcom is charging money for this game than I am over the DLC. I never buy DLC for the most part anyway. And I sure as hell don't buy capcom DLC.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#145Hunter1534Posted 11/12/2012 6:01:00 PM
This topic helped me weed out the straight up jerks and the ignorant. Now i know who not to take seriously and what do ya know? The majority are "pros" how grand!
"be less poor" type comments is all I see from them.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#146Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 6:03:38 PM
To be honest, this topic makes me laugh.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#147Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 6:06:26 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...

You got anymore lawn chairs? I think I'll just sit the rest of this one out now. I've had my fun.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#148RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 6:06:27 PM
andyt73 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
This guy might be happier if we could do "Minority Report" on developers/publishers and find out their plans for future DLC. This way, we could bill them everything they have and haven't planned for $60.

Oh my god. THAT IS BRILLIANT! GUYS, I just solved how we could fix DLC!

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........just stop buying undeveloped games and dlc; wait for the final complete edition. I know how hard that can be for weak-willed people obsessed with instant gratification, but at least try.

Its fun to counter troll.

There is no need to be insulting, you only make yourself look foolish, and given the reception this game has recieved do u really think theres gonna be any kind of goty edition.

End of the day its all about perceived value and everyones is different i generally find games (even full price ones) good value for money and dont understand how they have avoided succumbing to inflation but im not gonna complain.

Also lets not forget its fairly simple to get this for free anyway. Alot of this vitriol is coming because ppl dont like the game anyway, if this Had been DMC 5 instead then people would be doing back flips saying yet even more content for free

LOL, he tries to ridicule ppl and I am insulting? Yea, someone does not get the point of counter-trolling.

You are complacent, that is the bottom-line. However, your complacency affects ALL gamers. A group of complacent buyers will always influence companies more than an equal group of gamers requesting better quality. You are their target audience, the lowest common denominator that will buy games on whims and hype, but more importantly lack restraint to not buy those overpriced games. Your actions affect all gaming....similar to what it is now. Many ppl still blindly fall for this crap, which means that they will continue to use them, but take it a step further. This extends to all companies, not just Capcom. This affects ALL gamers, because now quality progressive gaming will be cut and distributed into smaller, overpriced pieces.

Like I said, I actually like the game, but am getting tired of Capcom always trying to get more money and support for withholding/stripping content from the final game.
---
#149RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 6:07:49 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
This topic helped me weed out the straight up jerks and the ignorant. Now i know who not to take seriously and what do ya know? The majority are "pros" how grand!
"be less poor" type comments is all I see from them.

I know, you cannot even have a serious conversation with them.
---
#150Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 6:08:12 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

You got anymore lawn chairs? I think I'll just sit the rest of this one out now. I've had my fun.

Here.

*Hands you a lawn chair*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow