Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#161ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 7:07:01 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
Ignore Chez. Anything he says is either ignorant or laughably bad.

Ignore Chez, he's speaking some uncomfortable truths and we don't want to own up to taking video games too goddamn seriously. :D
---
Goddamn!
#162Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 7:15:34 PM
*Raises left eyebrow*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#163Hunter1534Posted 11/12/2012 7:41:20 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
Hunter1534 posted...

Ignore Chez, he's speaking some uncomfortable truths and we don't want to own up to taking video games too goddamn seriously. :D

Nice counter argument. You clearly thought that through.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#164KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/12/2012 7:43:57 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Hunter1534 posted...

Nice counter argument. You clearly thought that through.

Lol, I didn't even see it because I put him on ignore. I clearly made the correct decision. He can keep his "smile and take it, no matter what" attitude.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#165Lord_MizerPosted 11/12/2012 7:56:09 PM
When someone claims to be "telling the truth" on the internet, they're usually full of crap that taking them seriously would be unwise.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#166frozentunaPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:57 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
ejshin posted...
No different from how Rocksteady included Day 1 Catwoman DLC.

Don't even get me started on the Catwoman DLC. It was awful.

Catwoman DLC was completed content that the devs removed from the game, and only people who got the game new will have it 'free'. However, there was no need to pre order. This is not very different from the online passes that are included with new games.
But Vergil DLC....

Maybe capcom thought they'd redeem themselves by adding content in RE6 without charging, but still found that sales of the game were low. So with the DMC franchise, even if sales of the game were low at least they can grab some cash off this DLC.
#167Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/12/2012 9:19:36 PM
I don't think you guys should have ignored Chez because he, IMO, brought up some pretty valid points along the way, as did Andy which is what I believe his name was?? Maybe. The "antis" as it were brought up a list of valid points also and both sides are right to an extent because as said before in this very topic, nothing is ever just black and white and that is especially evident when it comes to the business practices of larger game companies and the gamers who associate theirselves with said companies.

Either way, you guys get pretty heated over one other persons opinion, and on Gamefaqs no less. I'm not saying that opinions aren't important, or that they shouldn't be shared, or even that they don't effect large companies, but I'm saying that you should allow yourself to have discussion with people of varying opinions (even the people with the seeming nonesensical opinions) so that you are more versed in the thinking of all sides so you can better form your opinion instead of letting it fester in the stagnant corner of you or one groups minds. You should never hate someone based on their beliefs, thats ridiculous and thats also how wars are brought about: see every religious war and most civil wars for reference.

I mean the thing here isn't to go in with blind hate nor with ignorance and complacency, those paths only lead to close minded points of view and are helpful to no one.

Capcom is indeed a business. Video games are their business. They don't usually treat their costumers in a way that follows the "the costumer is always right," model. These things are all true. And there are courses of action to take in regards to this. There is the path of ignorance; you have the money and you want the product so you buy it without second thought. The path of caution; you want the product and may have the money so you research and determine the personal value of having that product and then you determine if its worth it from there. There is also the path of refusal. You have done the research on the product and have found what you believe to be glaring issues with either the product or the practice so you refuse to purchase the product and possibly future products until the issue is rectified.

Finally there is the path of action. You have the research and for whatever reason you have taken a disliking to the product. Instead of flat out refusal or blind hate, you take action to make the issue known. You inform of the facts of the information to all those whom may be affected and you allow that person to form their own decision and they very well may join your cause further increasing the odds of you getting your point of issue across and thusly having it rectified in future products or even having the current product fixed.

Pessimism can be just as bad as complacency if you don't take action for what you believe in, whatever it may be.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Current Main: Obsidian Dark Mage; Arty head and chest, Goughs hands, Ciarans Legs. OGS,TCC,DHS,Magic CB.
#168ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 10:15:01 PM
The customer is always right thing bothers me. What if the customer is a pompous, overblown ass who thinks he's entitled to every bit of content produced for a single product regardless of how the distributor wants it distributed, or thinks he ought to be able to tell an artist what to do?

I'm not saying there's nothing fishy going on in the industry, nor do I agree with most of these DLC practices, but goddamn, people act all indignant about businesses doing what they're always going to do--make more money. If I disagree with a practice, I don't go *****ing on the internet about it, I vote with my wallet and don't buy it.

Do I think you ought to bend over and take it? No. Do I think equating preorder DLC to, apparently, some sort of real-world crisis is stupid? Hell yeah I think it's stupid. You will live if you don't want to pony up the pre-order dough for Vergil. You won't die if you're missing some or all of the extra characters on SFxT. Your basic, constitutional rights are not somehow impugned by having to buy extra quests in Dragon's Dogma.

Also nice "ignoring" there, Hunter. Really well done.

The fact is, video games aren't that serious. They can be a hobby--they are my main hobby, and one I write/read/think about frequently, as a matter of fact--but they are not some super important issue that deserves the kind of crusade Sheepie here is waging. (This is the same guy who thinks nobody buys DVDs, remember.)

To act proud of something like gaming, to take pride in playing with a goddamn toy dilutes the whole purpose--you're too busy being snotty and entitled to actually ever have any fun. Gaming is not your personal coffee-shop hipster BS. Gaming companies are not there for your pleasure, they are there for your money, and your pleasure is a side effect. Game writers do not have to listen to you--given some of the DmC fanfictions I've read, there's a reason certain people are hired to write and others are not. Game artists can color a character's hair whatever they please, and the IP owners are free to slap whatever name they like on a product.

The customer is always right when the customer votes with their money. If this game sells well and NT gets the sequel, great, I'll enjoy it, you move on. If another company decides a hyper-femme, snowy-haired boytoy is the way to go, alright, you enjoy that and I'll move on. No one has promised you anything but a basic product for a, if you live in the real world where Sheepie so desperately wants us to be, basic price.

Ignore me if you want, but someday you have to poke your head out of the house and realize that some of you folks need some goddamn perspective.
---
Goddamn!
#169Hunter1534Posted 11/12/2012 10:48:34 PM(edited)
I was ignoring your ignorant and stupid posts. Compare the posts you and i made. You come off as a huge jerk and socially inept internet "bully" .The last post you made actually makes somewhat of a point. Ignoring that would be well....ignorant. You have said some stupid things there is no denying that, yet you try to justify it. This isn't really about the business aspect of capcom, but about your attitude around here. Btw, i don't put people from this board on my ignore list. UNLESS they are non-regulars.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#170ChezDispenserPosted 11/13/2012 10:11:30 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
I was ignoring your ignorant and stupid posts. Compare the posts you and i made. You come off as a huge jerk and socially inept internet "bully" .The last post you made actually makes somewhat of a point. Ignoring that would be well....ignorant. You have said some stupid things there is no denying that, yet you try to justify it. This isn't really about the business aspect of capcom, but about your attitude around here. Btw, i don't put people from this board on my ignore list. UNLESS they are non-regulars.

We've got one guy who still thinks calling people sheep is cool, thinks people don't buy DVDs, thinks there's some sort of massive crime being committed by a dev offering a pre-order incentive, thinks video games are a social cause and deserve a Zen ****ing bible describing different "paths" to what I can only assume is gaming nirvana, which is still burying your ass in a chair and pressing buttons, only with more free stuff, by the sound of it. Maybe throw in a little developer-giving-into-your-incessant-nagging and bleating about sheep to round things out.

We've also got a fella who thinks gamers should take "pride," and that our willingness to see gaming as an industry and these businesses as entities who exist to make money somehow equates to a "sin." You know, a religious sacrilege? Yeah. We've got these two in this thread and you want to call me ignorant and socially inept?

Geeze, join Sheepie over in his corner. I bet he has a matching tinfoil hat and couch in his basement for you.
---
Goddamn!