Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#171Lord_MizerPosted 11/13/2012 11:14:13 AM
*Yawns*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#172andyt73Posted 11/13/2012 11:38:21 AM
Lord_Mizer posted...
*Yawns*

Quality input to the discussion, as always

There seem to be some naive people around here who believe that capcom and indeed all game devs are in business to make video games, well they aren't they are in business to make money and video games are the product they use to do so, To be clear the day that making video games is no longer profitable they will stop making them, and move on to making lightbulbs or electric cars or whatever is profitable at that time.

So complain and whinge as much as you like that devs are using methods that you disagree with to try and claw back some of the profits that are being diluted by the trade in industry, but understand that by acting in such a way then its not unfeasible that one day there simply wont be a games industry anymore and then you can all sit on your high horses reading books
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#173KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/13/2012 11:43:01 AM
Honestly, this is why I support Indie games so much more. They're in it more for making the game then the money. They simply want to make something people enjoy, not some crap that earns them money. They enjoy the art of what they do. Sure, the money is good, but that's not their end all goal. There's also fan games that are completely non profit where a developer simply wants to make a game, not a profit.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#174andyt73Posted 11/13/2012 11:48:05 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Honestly, this is why I support Indie games so much more. They're in it more for making the game then the money. They simply want to make something people enjoy, not some crap that earns them money. They enjoy the art of what they do. Sure, the money is good, but that's not their end all goal. There's also fan games that are completely non profit where a developer simply wants to make a game, not a profit.

A nice sentiment, unfortunately whilst they have the best of intentions they dont always have the resources need to make a quality and eventually as they get bigger they either forget that mantra or are swallowed up by a larger publisher who pushes to to deadlines and quantity over quality as seen with EA pushing bioware
---
#175KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/13/2012 11:51:41 AM
andyt73 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

A nice sentiment, unfortunately whilst they have the best of intentions they dont always have the resources need to make a quality and eventually as they get bigger they either forget that mantra or are swallowed up by a larger publisher who pushes to to deadlines and quantity over quality as seen with EA pushing bioware

There are still plenty of great Indie Developers. Look at Minecraft. A $30 purchase and they continually update the game with no further cost. The current Minecraft is like a completely different game compared to when it was released. Skullgirls was also great despite it's slightly lower budget. Indie Developers almost always put quality above everything else. It may take them longer to out the game out, but it's usually worth the wait.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#176StrelokPosted 11/13/2012 11:56:42 AM
Enough gaming companies still make a damned good game WITHOUT the need to go hyper aggressive on the DLC like Cashcow does.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#177andyt73Posted 11/13/2012 12:06:58 PM
Strelok posted...
Enough gaming companies still make a damned good game WITHOUT the need to go hyper aggressive on the DLC like Cashcow does.

Maybe, personally for me 2012 has been a very poor year for games, I actually realised that I have only bought 4 new titles this year, Assassins creed 3 will be the 5th
---
#178Lord_MizerPosted 11/13/2012 12:07:36 PM
Personally, I don't care if DLC existed or not.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#179StrelokPosted 11/13/2012 12:08:25 PM
I bought even less.
It does nothing to detract from the argument at hand.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#180KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/13/2012 12:10:30 PM
I've bought fewer then 6 new, a few used though. I use a website where you can buy and sell used games for a relatively good price. Mostly, I just played some classics. Plugged in the N64 and went back to the days of quality.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]