Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#31TaizukuPosted 11/12/2012 10:51:39 AM
I'm done here. I'm arguing with idiots.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#32sworderPosted 11/12/2012 10:51:55 AM
Ether101 posted...
Plus, used games help the industry as a whole.

No
#33SlaveBladePosted 11/12/2012 10:52:11 AM
Ether101 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Therefore you get it for free when you pre-order.

No human being would consider that free.

andyt73 posted...
sworder posted...
If people that buy used games want to pay less then they get less content. Seems fair to me.

Exactly never understood why people pay a fraction of the full price yet expect the exact same content, talk about feeling entitled

I sometime buy games used but i understand that it doesn't hurt the industry as they dont see the revenue.

And i would much prefer actual game content as an incentive to buy rather than EA trick of an online pass which does nothing

Because that's how it works. When people buy a used car they expect it to work. This whole pissing contest be done by the companies over how many preoders they can get does nothing but here hurt the industry in many ways.

When you buy a used game, it usually does work. Using your car analogy, are you expecting teh previous owner's CD player/Sunglasses/decals or whatever other accessories to stay on the car? You'd be crazy to just 'expect' that stuff included at the lower price.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#34ejshinPosted 11/12/2012 10:52:18 AM
Ether101 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Strelok posted...
Indeed, from day one we've been pretty much been saying on disc DLC included.

Also, some people buy games secondhand, or are waiting for a pricedrop because, guess, they don't want to spend 60 Euroes/USD on a game.
And I don't consider it "free".
By having a pre-order ready they pretty much ensure themselves on a sale. And if this pre-order DLC is already on the disc...
I detest stuff like this. It's why I didn't buy a single Bioware DLC, nor will I ever.

This doesn't even make sense...if you buy the game it's an ensured sale anyway. If you preorder you were going to buy the game...it's an ensured sale anyway...you may no consider it free...but it is.

Its content that should already be part of the game and you are paying for it in the price of the game.

Seeing as this is more of a bonus side story and not important to the main story line, I don't think it's content that should be already part of the game. It's additional content. I would much rather pay for small DLC packs that expand the story, add characters, gameplay and play time than full price for incremental updates a few months later like MVC3 and SF4. This DLC pack was most likely developed by a secondary team and planned for a much later release, but they probably neared completion early so they decided to throw it in as Day 1 DLC. I understand if you get angry about having to pay money for something stupid like palette swaps, "extra XP points", or "unlimited ammunition", but this is a pretty big downloadable that took extra time and money to create.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#35Ether101Posted 11/12/2012 10:54:02 AM
Taizuku posted...
I'm done here. I'm arguing with idiots.

I really doubt you'll be gone that long.

sworder posted...
Ether101 posted...

No

They do as they allow for more exposure and provide less risk for the consumer.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#36KatanaYamato00Posted 11/12/2012 10:54:05 AM
Its just $8.99 Nothing to throw a fit over. And if people want it for free pre-order the game. Problem solved. Or wait for the PC version which will probably have all the DLC.
#37andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 10:54:20 AM
Ether101 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Therefore you get it for free when you pre-order.

No human being would consider that free.

andyt73 posted...
sworder posted...
If people that buy used games want to pay less then they get less content. Seems fair to me.

Exactly never understood why people pay a fraction of the full price yet expect the exact same content, talk about feeling entitled

I sometime buy games used but i understand that it does hurt the industry as they dont see the revenue.

And i would much prefer actual game content as an incentive to buy rather than EA trick of an online pass which does nothing

Because that's how it works. When people buy a used car they expect it to work. This whole pissing contest be done by the companies over how many preoders they can get does nothing but here hurt the industry in many ways.

True to an extent however if i bought a car used i wouldnt expect it to run as smoothly as a brand new one

Also please enlighten me as to how used games help the industry as a whole?
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#38sworderPosted 11/12/2012 10:56:25 AM
Ether101 posted...
They do as they allow for more exposure and provide less risk for the consumer.

What risk is there? Most games have demos these days, you don't have to buy anything without trying it out beforehand. And there's countless of reviews and message boards where people share their experience. You can even watch a whole walkthrough in youtube.

All used games do is give more money to Gamestop and Amazon (which are not part of the gaming industry) and less money to the actual developers that work countless hours to get their products out.
#39RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 11:00:13 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
Strelok posted...
And if you don't pre-order you pay.

Yeah but if you are going to get it anyway, why wouldn't you pre-order?

Maybe you don't have the money? I'm waiting to get AC3 until after christmas when I'll have money, so I couldn't preorder.

That's a given but you shouldn't be expecting free stuff if you buy it after the date, it's good of them to give it out as free in the first place.

wow, this is how warped and complacent the Capcom fanbase is. Your logic is that they should not give free stuff after release? HOW ABOUT THEY SHOULD INCLUDE THE STUFF IN THE FREAKING GAME???!!!! The game is not even out yet, and you feel blessed to have the opportunity to get access to material that should already be in the game? I mean it is already done.

There is no debating that the content was utterly stripped away from the final game and sold as an incentive to pre-order. The issue is not why people should not pre-order, rather that this dlc should be included since it is already done. A lot of people do not pre-order because the do not want to risk full $65 on a game they are unsure about. This is Capcom's attempt, yet again, to capitalize in the most idiotic way. Wow, you guys are complacent, and I mean spread open your butt cheeks, baa baa black sheep complacent.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#40RayconPosted 11/12/2012 11:02:52 AM
Man, I miss the days when I could buy a game and know everything was going to be on it.

= (
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth