Capcom is a joke are they charging for this dlc???

#51RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 10:24:46 AM
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
wow, this is how warped and complacent the Capcom fanbase is. Your logic is that they should not give free stuff after release? HOW ABOUT THEY SHOULD INCLUDE THE STUFF IN THE FREAKING GAME???!!!! The game is not even out yet, and you feel blessed to have the opportunity to get access to material that should already be in the game? I mean it is already done.

There is no debating that the content was utterly stripped away from the final game and sold as an incentive to pre-order. The issue is not why people should not pre-order, rather that this dlc should be included since it is already done. A lot of people do not pre-order because the do not want to risk full $65 on a game they are unsure about. This is Capcom's attempt, yet again, to capitalize in the most idiotic way. Wow, you guys are complacent, and I mean spread open your butt cheeks, baa baa black sheep complacent.

The DLC doesn't have an announced date, it's coming after the game's release. It's probably not finished yet.

But no, you had to whine about it as usual without knowing the whole thing.

okay, lets recap. they are announcing that the dlc will be released soon after the game, or even in conjunction with the game. Capcom is admitting that they are working on it and will be done soon. This is a project that must have been in production during the final stages of the main storyline. Either way, it is scummy and stripped content.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#52RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 10:27:51 AM
DarkJaydragon

It's nothing to do with the capcom fanbase, this happens in most of the big companies, it works and it won't change anytime soon as long as people keep buying and pre-ordering.

you would think most of the people on this board have never heard of this practise before.

however, only the Capcom fanbase is complacent enough to make excuses and defend this obviously underhanded practice...similar to what you, sworder, and taitzu are doing now.
---
#53andyt73Posted 11/12/2012 10:29:22 AM
Everyone is always gonna have a different opinion on DLC and people think their opinion is the right one, but its all subjective.

Personally dlc done right (see the fallout games) is an awesome idea.

Day 1 dlc on the other hand i am very much against

Day 1 dlc which i have to do very little to get for free then i have no problem at all.

You cant really get mad at a company trying to maximise the financial return on their product as if they didnt then there wouldnt be any point in companies making games and that would damage the industry beyond repair
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#54Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 10:30:15 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
wow, this is how warped and complacent the Capcom fanbase is. Your logic is that they should not give free stuff after release? HOW ABOUT THEY SHOULD INCLUDE THE STUFF IN THE FREAKING GAME???!!!! The game is not even out yet, and you feel blessed to have the opportunity to get access to material that should already be in the game? I mean it is already done.

There is no debating that the content was utterly stripped away from the final game and sold as an incentive to pre-order. The issue is not why people should not pre-order, rather that this dlc should be included since it is already done. A lot of people do not pre-order because the do not want to risk full $65 on a game they are unsure about. This is Capcom's attempt, yet again, to capitalize in the most idiotic way. Wow, you guys are complacent, and I mean spread open your butt cheeks, baa baa black sheep complacent.

The DLC doesn't have an announced date, it's coming after the game's release. It's probably not finished yet.

okay, lets recap. they are announcing that the dlc will be released soon after the game, or even in conjunction with the game. Capcom is admitting that they are working on it and will be done soon. This is a project that must have been in production during the final stages of the main storyline. Either way, it is scummy and stripped content.

1) Its free with pre-order.
2) Its a late addition from fan request so its probably not even close to being finished for launch.
3) Its $8 you can choose to spend if you don't pre-order. You get new enemies, a new playable character that wasn't even supposed to be in the game, and more story.
4) Your complaining is so laughable my eyes are tearing up.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#55sworderPosted 11/12/2012 10:31:06 AM
Ragnoraok posted...

And if I pre-order, I get it for free. So what exactly is the problem? You can't afford $5?
#56DarkJaydragonPosted 11/12/2012 10:31:19 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
DarkJaydragon

It's nothing to do with the capcom fanbase, this happens in most of the big companies, it works and it won't change anytime soon as long as people keep buying and pre-ordering.

you would think most of the people on this board have never heard of this practise before.

however, only the Capcom fanbase is complacent enough to make excuses and defend this obviously underhanded practice...similar to what you, sworder, and taitzu are doing now.

Go to any board and post a similar topic and you will get similar responses.

No one likes pre-order DLC since so many companies have their own DLC and it's hard to get all of it but unfortunately it does happen and there's no way of stopping it, for every 1 person not buying it due to their morals or whatever, there are a lot more who will pre-order, keeping this practise going on for quite some time.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#57KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/12/2012 10:32:44 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

2) Its a late addition from fan request so its probably not even close to being finished for launch.
3) Its $8 you can choose to spend if you don't pre-order. You get new enemies, a new playable character that wasn't even supposed to be in the game, and more story.

They say it wasn't planned, but I highly doubt it. With the SE of DMC3, people loved playing as Vergil. If you make a new game with him in it, do they expect people to not want the same thing? I honestly believe they had planned on making him a character eventually, but with all the negativity they were forced to release it earlier to try and gain some people back. It seems much more likely then them not planning on Vergil at all.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#58RagnoraokPosted 11/12/2012 10:40:59 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

typical sheep response.

1) Should be included in the game or free dlc for all, since it is/will be done in conjunction with the release of DMC
2)Bull! fan request? Are you trolling, it is obvious that everyone would want Virgil in, there is no requesting that at all. Capcom purposely made him as dlc because he is highly desired. It is close to being finished, look at the release date at the end of the trailer; it comes out in the same month.
3) IT SHOULD ALREADY BE IN THE GAME. ITS THE FREAKING PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER. Why reward and pay extra for content that should already be in? Basically, you are paying $70 for the game if you do not pre-order. If you do, then a pre-order is wasted on content that should already be in.
4) I pity you actually because you have been so cultivated and brainwashed by modern dlc abuses, not just from Capcom, that you forget basic reasoning. You utterly sacrifice your rights as a consumer and try to feign as if you are educated in the matter or that dlc empowers gaming...
---
#59Japanese_JadePosted 11/12/2012 10:48:42 AM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

They say it wasn't planned, but I highly doubt it. With the SE of DMC3, people loved playing as Vergil. If you make a new game with him in it, do they expect people to not want the same thing? I honestly believe they had planned on making him a character eventually, but with all the negativity they were forced to release it earlier to try and gain some people back. It seems much more likely then them not planning on Vergil at all.

Virgil being planned or not is just one of those things we'll never really know for sure. I have to give NT credit for adding Virgil DLC. They initially said he wouldn't be in the game but at the NYCC panel Alex hinted because of fan request, they were looking into it (developing it). I was going to get the game regardless so this is an added plus.

Its really the people who rather wait for a price drop or get it used who would be upset.

EDIT: Actually KA_ME. I sort of agree that it was planned. I just remembered the end of one of the trailers (I think Gamescom or TGS) where Virgil did one of his attacks toward the player camera. That was probably a teaser if anything.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#60Capitan_KidPosted 11/12/2012 10:47:31 AM
Its free for those who buy it day one. Cant get it day 1? Boohoo. Get a job, loan some money, or shut up.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!