I truly feel Capcom killed the real DMC with Devil May Cry 4

#1Dark World RulerPosted 11/13/2012 12:09:13 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this game in all honesty, and more and more I think how a DMC5 just wouldnt have worked anyways. They could have put far more effort into Nero and made him interesting character, but instead they made him just another son of Sparda and a clone of Dante personality wise and looks wise. He was the focus of DMC4 but instead of doing a story we were all expecting (like Vergil possessing him, he'd be resurrected some way through Nero) we got an inconsequential plot and a character that was never fleshed out for reasons beyond me.

Then the problem with Dante, he was godly-overpowered in DMC4 hardly even breaking a sweat with any of the villains. It made me think "What villain in a future game that isn't Mundus can actually take him on?". That in combination with the newbie Nero made a perplexing path of where the characters and universe would go in DMC5.

DMC4 killed the real series before Ninja Theory rebooted it, and it's all thanks to Capcom. They had every opportunity to make DMC4 the true sequel to DMC1 we always wanted, and they could have if they made that cult of humans wanting to become demons a cult of humans wanting to reincarnate Mundus and Nero being the "key" to Vergil's resurrection. That would have been far better than the actual DMC4, which in the end did nothing more but introduce Nero with little to no explanation or point why he should be there when there's already Dante.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2Lord_MizerPosted 11/13/2012 12:16:11 AM
*Shrugs* I liked Nero and I thought he had some potential down the road.

As for this game, I just can't get into it no matter how much flash Capcom and NT try to conjure up.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#3JELIFISH19Posted 11/13/2012 12:16:27 AM
Don't blame Capcom, blame Itsuno. He hasn't known what to do with the series since it was given to him.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#4UncleWeskerPosted 11/13/2012 12:31:26 AM
Gameplay wise though it has probably the most refined and well done combat and enemy design in the series. Which is what's important.
---
"I hate you, UncleWesker. No, really. You are the biggest douche on this board. You should go hang yourself in your basement." ~ RT102
#5Vault_ZeroPosted 11/13/2012 12:36:34 AM
UncleWesker posted...
Gameplay wise though it has probably the most refined and well done combat and enemy design in the series. Which is what's important.

^ This.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#6TheOriginalMaxPosted 11/13/2012 12:36:52 AM
Cognitive dissonance.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#7Orange00Posted 11/13/2012 12:48:11 AM
UncleWesker posted...

i agree with this but more i think about DMC4 more is starts to look like a mess. You can get away with most of it's issues with a ps2 game, but it's not cool in this day and age. I also don't understand the final fantasy direction DMC4 took. Honestly if you ignore changes underneath the paint, DmC looks more like a dmc than DMC4.

most likely capcom is aware of this. And with all the fan feedback during DmCs development, capcom must realize that DMC5 has to be as close to the original DMC1 as possible.
#8SwarlesPosted 11/13/2012 1:08:05 AM
Its your opinion but there is no way that DMC4 killed this series. If anything it set the series up for a DMC5. Neros arm abilities and being able to switch Dantes styles at any time made for awesome gameplay. Really the only thing that DMC3 had over DMC4 was bosses and more weapons. The main reason anyone complains about DMC4 is because of repeating levels/bosses and that you play as Nero and Nero isn't even a bad character and you still got to play half the game as dante.

DMC4 is a great game and one of my favorite DMC games. It did nothing bad to the series.
#9KiraYamatoDaManPosted 11/13/2012 1:08:09 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this game in all honesty, and more and more I think how a DMC5 just wouldnt have worked anyways. They could have put far more effort into Nero and made him interesting character, but instead they made him just another son of Sparda and a clone of Dante personality wise and looks wise. He was the focus of DMC4 but instead of doing a story we were all expecting (like Vergil possessing him, he'd be resurrected some way through Nero) we got an inconsequential plot and a character that was never fleshed out for reasons beyond me.

Then the problem with Dante, he was godly-overpowered in DMC4 hardly even breaking a sweat with any of the villains. It made me think "What villain in a future game that isn't Mundus can actually take him on?". That in combination with the newbie Nero made a perplexing path of where the characters and universe would go in DMC5.

It's not like Sparda himself took on all of Hell.
---
Currently playing : Zero Escape ~PSN: AppleDough
#10JELIFISH19Posted 11/13/2012 1:08:31 AM
UncleWesker posted...

I don't think DMC4 was that refined. Nero was fine but I thought Dante was clunky with the styles. I just feel like they're unnecessary. What's the point of changing styles when you could just give us access to everything at any given time? It made doing simple things more difficult than they should have been. I don't think styles should have ever been in DMC.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls