I truly feel Capcom killed the real DMC with Devil May Cry 4

#31UncleWeskerPosted 11/13/2012 10:46:50 AM
JELIFISH19 posted...
They should've removed styles.

I sure do love when games remove options. Yep indeedy.
---
"I hate you, UncleWesker. No, really. You are the biggest douche on this board. You should go hang yourself in your basement." ~ RT102
#32_Uwye_Posted 11/13/2012 1:23:12 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
While Bayonetta was a more difficult game, I wasn't fighting the controller like I find myself doing in DMC4.

And I wasn't fighting the controller either in DMC4. If we want to talk of personal preferences we won't get anywhere.

There was nothing unorthodox about Bayonetta's controls.

You sure? Using back-forward motions in the air, 360, "jump-jump-attack" or "jump - dodge - dodge - lock on - lock on" (air teleport) isn't what I'd call the norm in this kind of games. Compare that to the standardized motions in DMC3-4 that often required just the press of one button.

All of the moves made sense and you had access to everything at all times.

With the downside that the "styles" weren't as deep as they were in DMC3-4. As I said, it's a matter of tradeoffs.

Not to mention that it's not actually true. If you don't equip firearms the only long range attack you have is the pathetic normal shot with no "GS" moves.
#33Dark_EpathyPosted 11/13/2012 1:41:13 PM
DMC5 would have worked. Playing as Dante in the campaign probably wouldn't have worked, but Nero was a fine candidate--his Devil Bringer could have been expanded, and he could have been given an arsenal of new Devil Arms. The story could have dealt with Vergil coming back through him, or whatever, and it could have been a good wrap-up to that story.

DMC4 was not really a bad game. It did seem kind of redundant in parts, and maybe its potential was wasted, but it didn't kill the series.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#34LordMePosted 11/13/2012 1:45:26 PM(edited)
DMC4's biggest issue was no turbo mode and a lack of Crazy Combo's.

Nero was fun to play, so was Dante, I just wish they had not nerfed Dante's styles from 3. But all in all the game was great. Just add what they took out.

Maybe for DMC5 they should do the overlaying stories from RE6. Dante, Nero and Vergil as they are all going different routes in a bigger picture kinda story...

That would be awesome.
#35antking61Posted 11/13/2012 2:42:22 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Link? As far as I know they only said "new dmcs every two year" (=2015), not DMC5 specifically.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/41853/capcom-wants-resident-evil-7-devil-may-cry-5-lost-planet-4-by-2015/

I know they don't specifically say DMC5 itself but Capcom is pulling their bigger titles back to in house development. Devil May Cry is 1 of those big titles and I'm pretty sure they said that it's unlikely for DmC to get a sequel. Can't find the link to that though.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#36mad_hax_manPosted 11/13/2012 2:44:33 PM
Dark World Ruler posted...
I'm starting to warm up to this game in all honesty, and more and more I think how a DMC5 just wouldnt have worked anyways. They could have put far more effort into Nero and made him interesting character, but instead they made him just another son of Sparda and a clone of Dante personality wise and looks wise. He was the focus of DMC4 but instead of doing a story we were all expecting (like Vergil possessing him, he'd be resurrected some way through Nero) we got an inconsequential plot and a character that was never fleshed out for reasons beyond me.

Three points.

-We don't know Neros relation to the Sparda family.
-There was an obvious plan to flesh Nero's past out in latter games.
-Nero is rather distinct from Dante. They are not polar opposites, but Nero's a lot more hot heated and brash, where as Dante's a lot more laid back.

It was obvious that DMC4 was meant to serve as an introduction to Nero, so latter games could expand on his gameplay and place in the story.

Then the problem with Dante, he was godly-overpowered in DMC4 hardly even breaking a sweat with any of the villains. It made me think "What villain in a future game that isn't Mundus can actually take him on?". That in combination with the newbie Nero made a perplexing path of where the characters and universe would go in DMC5.

I'm not seeing why you are so perplexed. Between DMC1 and 3 we get Dante's story, particularly regarding the after affects of the the Sparda/ Mundus battle and the sudden murder of Eva, and DMC4 added the only natural evolution of Dante's gameplay in 3, style switching.

Which is why Nero was introduced. To allow the series to expand and grow without making Dante over powered as well as allowing the franchise to avoid constantly throwing us villains that one up Mundus
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#37StrelokPosted 11/13/2012 3:49:30 PM
Lollerstar agrees that DMC4 killed the franchise, yet he never played anything in said franchise.

*kneels and prays to Azathoth for the power to stab people in the face over the internet. With a hammer*
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#38Lord_MizerPosted 11/13/2012 3:53:17 PM
I think it's already established that shatter has no idea of what he's talking about.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#39SwarlesPosted 11/13/2012 3:54:32 PM
Where is shatter? I haven't had a good laugh in a while.
#40Hunter1534Posted 11/13/2012 4:04:46 PM
DMC 4 had a difficult control scheme? The hell?

@shatter i disagree. God of War became worse after each game (well story wise). Combat wise, there were no advancements at all. It's sort of fun the first time around, but unlike the DMC games, they have no replayability.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.